PDA

View Full Version : '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

bigblue_dl
12-08-2012, 09:31 PM
The game is on TV! In Minnesota!

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-08-2012, 11:08 PM
What is this "inadvertent CTH" penalty? Is this new?

bigblue_dl
12-08-2012, 11:11 PM
What is this "inadvertent CTH" penalty? Is this new?Was Don Adam the ref?

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Was Don Adam the ref?

Johnathan Morrison and Butch Mousseaux

bigblue_dl
12-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Johnathan Morrison and Butch MousseauxWhooooosh?

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Whooooosh?

No, I got the joke.

manurespreader
12-08-2012, 11:14 PM
That was a new one on me too. Coach pretty upbeat in the interview afterward. Is blake Pietila going to be in Houghton next week or is he going to be gone with the us nationals?

stuckinwi
12-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I'd like to see a replay of OT... Khaira really needs to reign in the temper.... ****ed good on the puck, but wow. Head games destroy him

bigblue_dl
12-08-2012, 11:34 PM
No, I got the joke.Ok, I thought you would, but I wasn't sure when I saw your response.

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-09-2012, 12:57 AM
I'd like to see a replay of OT... Khaira really needs to reign in the temper.... ****ed good on the puck, but wow. Head games destroy him

In addition to being the youngest guy on the team, he's probably not yet used to the way NCAA refs call the game. I think Canadian Jr. leagues probably let a lot more stuff go. He didn't rack up a ton of PIMs in the BCHL, but for a skill player, he did have his share.

stuckinwi
12-09-2012, 01:30 AM
In addition to being the youngest guy on the team, he's probably not yet used to the way NCAA refs call the game. I think Canadian Jr. leagues probably let a lot more stuff go. He didn't rack up a ton of PIMs in the BCHL, but for a skill player, he did have his share.

It's not about how the game is called differently. It's. the slamming of the stick on the boards as he's sent to the locker room at the final whistle because he can't stop being chippy at the end of OT. It's the mugging last night that cost us the game. The guys has puck skills, just needs to get te mental game under control

Shirtless Guy
12-09-2012, 02:03 AM
He didn't get sent to the locker room, he just left the rink. He definitely needed to work on his mental game.

state of hockey
12-09-2012, 02:23 AM
Very gifted player, but he is definitely a hot head. Hopefully he adjusts and figures it out. He could be something special.

stuckinwi
12-09-2012, 11:07 AM
He didn't get sent to the locker room, he just left the rink. He definitely needed to work on his mental game.

One of the refs pointed to the locker room after they broke them up

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Per Dan Sova's Twitter, he is having surgery at the Mayo Clinic tomorrow morning, I assume for his wrist.

manurespreader
12-11-2012, 07:31 AM
per dan sova's twitter, he is having surgery at the mayo clinic tomorrow morning, i assume for his wrist.
wow!

huskyfan
12-11-2012, 07:51 AM
Per Dan Sova's Twitter, he is having surgery at the Mayo Clinic tomorrow morning, I assume for his wrist.

whoa. whats up?

mtu_huskies
12-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Some other tweets from Yesterday:

Buccigross (Sports Center) - Michigan Tech DMan Daniel Sova surgery tomorrow morning at the Mayo Clinic. Putting a screw across scaphoid. (Wrist)

Stephen Anderson - Pearson showed Kero article about Jonathan Ericcson, who played (and scored) in '09 Stanley Cup finals, 4 days after appendectomy.

Stephen Anderson - ...Pearson on whether North Dakota, in Kero's case, is on par with the Stanley Cup finals: "Yout bet it is."

Stephen Anderson - C. Pietila and Fillion in full practice mode today. D. Johnstone doing all drills but in gray limited contact jersey. No Kero yet.

mtu_huskies
12-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Mel pearson show summary from 12-10:

Basically got a split in Madison, with 2 points, always want more, but with banged up team, happy with their competing and getting 2 points
It was pretty easy to go around the locker room both nigths to find guys that played hard and played well
Dirk - Mel always says this or that guy looks good in practice, Dirk wondered how good if they're not in the lineup, but Holmberg/Brown, A. Pietila all played well on a weekend thay had to come in and make an impact
We always talk about being ready for your opportunity

On NMU Game:
Hard start, took a penalty and were on our heels in 1st period
But weathered that storm and form taht point we were better team, need to do certain things to be succesful, check other teams 1st line, limit other teams opportunities, good goaltending (Phillips very good), take advantage of scoring opportunities
Did all that expect take advantage of scoring opportunities, NMU goalie was very good
Mel's looking forward to just playing NMU on a weekend, Norther didn't have games last weekend, could put everything into Tuesday night game
Like how we're playign defensively without the puck

Mel reviewed the week of injuries/travel:
Started with traveling back from NMU, stopped to pick up 4 mitchs misfits with broken down car, got home late
Started drive to UW on Thursday with D. Johnstone on the bus on 22 man travel roster thought he coudl play, an hour or so in, got notified that D. Johsntone shouldn't play after looking at Xrays
Called league to get Eick on travel roster, had to drive down 8AM Friday, got there an hour before the game Friday
Friday skate, Kero wasn't feeling well, thought it was a bug, but in the end needed surgery to get appendix out, so Eick who got there an hour ago has to play
Given circumstances, it was all good
Kero is okay, Jonathan Ericsson of red wings had surgery on Wed and played Saturday in Stanley Cup finals, 18 mins that night, it's dealing with pain

On Friday UW game:
Best defensive game of year, real good job
Told guys to start with sense of urgency we show in OT, thought guys played well to start the game
On B. Pietila goal, good pass by Gordic
JJ Takes the penalty, overall PK was better this weekend, Whitten made good adjustments
Bad penalty, we talkeda bout that after the game, can't take those and JJ knows that
Tough goal, slow whistle, UW had a few wacks at it for it to trickle in
were we lucky to only get 2 on JJ penalty? It wasn't viscous, his hand got him in the facemask, a lot worse things happening that are worth 5 min
Looked good on PP, didn't get much to show for it, but we're moving it around
We got 3 posts in the game, no puck luck, we were better team
Seigo really good Friday, really likes big ice sheets, godo skater

On Saturday game:
UW came out harder than Friday, they were making it tought for us to come out of the zone playing their 1-1-3
Kevin playing well, making key saves, still a few bad goals we'd liek to get out of his game, had 1 on Saturday
Jamie P. pushing hard as far as competition in practice and NMU, hard decision to make Saturday
Holmberg takes advantage of bad Dman leaving puck at blueline, Holmber tried to deke and drag it around, but Gould follows up and takes wack at the puck, big goal
We got outshot in period, it wasn't that bad watching the game back for Grade A chances etc
Seigo gets the goal to make it 3-2, a lot of good thigns, Furne with good patience to get Seigo the puck, just a wrist shot by Seigo, it gets through, JJ was in front of net, goalie had no chance
Hietila ties at 3-3 in 3rd, Hyland and Eick good play to catch them on a line change, Eick good move, quick shot on net, Blake driving the post, puck is waist high and he takes a swipe at it, Ref said he went to hit it, missed it and it went in, off glove would've been no goal
Genoe made some great saves, read a UW back door play and stopped it, played well, from mid 2nd throug most of the game we were better team
Undefeeated in 4 games against badgers going back to last year, we'll play them again, Mel/Eaves have talked about continuing to play, hope to in the future

Moose Larson passed away this week, spent a lot of time with him. Great guy, great character, sympathy to his family.

Ticket giveaway question for UND?
Everyone new Larson as Moose, what's his first name? Sheldon

GLI is coming up, 48th annual, founding fathers are Macinnes, Lincoln Cavelary and what other person? Jack Thompkins

Shoudl be great games this weekend, most talented team in this league. Mel watched the DU/UND games already.
Fightin Sioux play with an edge, hard/physical. We had two real good games with them last year.
A well put together team, they wont league playoffs last year.
Big challenge

Questions, send them to dj@themix93.com:
What was explanation on no goal at NMU?
Light contact between Kero and Goalie, clips him a little bit. Very incidental. Go by the rule and law, no goal.

Of recently signeld players, how many will be here next year?
To be determiend, could be all, probably half for sure, players will have a big part of decision too. Tommy Brown can have a redshirt and could come back if he chooses, we'll have some depth.

We need 2 wins, last year at this time had 13 points, good second half and just missed hoem ice. A couple big wins would be big this weekend.
Like our scheudle this second half. Had a tough schedule fist half, Defense is coming around. Compeition is great right now too.
UND very good, but beatable, we've beaten good teams already this year.
WCHA is so close this year, Eaves/Mel talked about that after the game, have to be ready to play every night.
Will have more practice time this week than last week.

Come out to the games, last home games for awhile.

herbst20
12-11-2012, 10:49 PM
Michigan Tech recruit Mark Auk has been traded from Port Huron of the NAHL to Cedar Rapids (USHL). 17 year old defenseman