PDA

View Full Version : '12-13 Michigan Tech Season Thread: Screw the Election, Let's Play Hockey!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Shirtless Guy
11-16-2012, 01:51 PM
To update on the NLI question, looks like the list could be pretty long. Not sure how it will all shape out but here is my best guess:
Marcus Ericsson
Chris Leibinger (Confirmed)
Mike Neville (Confirmed)
Reid Sturos
Tyler Heinonen
Jake Jackson (Confirmed)
Joel L'Esperance
Dylan Steman

huskyfan
11-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Huskies!

mtu_huskies
11-16-2012, 11:14 PM
Wow that was gloomy for awhile tonight, way to fight back and much needed W

Mel's postgame thoughts:
Happy for our players, they battled hard through this slump, they've stayed positive and worked hard
Key to the game was 2nd goal at end of 2nd period, got us back in the game
Walsh kicking out juicy rebounds, didn't get puck to the net enough in 1st period, as we continued we got some rebounds
PP goals, sometimes they go in and we did that tonight
Good for Jujhar with his goals, he's gotten better, was just telling our assitants how much better Jujhar has gotten since week 1
D. Johnstone played like a warrior, he won battles, races and kept puck moving, goals will come
Genoe made critical saves in 3rd, he battled
Good first 15 mins, didn't give them anything, and then Nielsen misses puck and they score, they fed off momentum
Good start and finish, need to take care of in-between
BSu went into a defensive shell 2nd period, can be frustrating, similar to UNO, backed off our forecheck some, in 3rd we went back to 2 guy forecheck again
We drew them into penalties, they could've been called for a few more and we capitalized on the PP
We have a lot of individuals that can play better, feel good about tomorrow

First Time, Long Time
11-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Very nice comeback Tech.

stuckinwi
11-16-2012, 11:30 PM
Just need to play like the 3rd and OT tomorrow... completely dominated the OT period.

FadeToBlack&Gold
11-17-2012, 01:25 AM
4 of those 5 Tech goals were scored by crashing the net for rebounds/bounces. I hope they've learned their lesson.

HuskyNation
11-17-2012, 03:54 AM
4 of those 5 Tech goals were scored by crashing the net for rebounds/bounces. I hope they've learned their lesson.

Go to the net and clean up the trash. Gotta be garbage men out there. Ugly goals count for just as much as the pretty ones do.

melmac
11-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Go to the net and clean up the trash. Gotta be garbage men out there. Ugly goals count for just as much as the pretty ones do.

Gosh... where have I heard that before? :p
Different context, of course.

Andrew J Carter
11-17-2012, 11:10 AM
As a BSU fan, I was bummed. Up 4-1 and on a roll late in the 2nd period, and then we successfully manage to do all the little things necessary to permit a comeback. Between periods, I was trolling around the hallways of the Sanford Center hoping to show off my vintage 1971 NMU basketball letter jacket and strike up a conversation, only to find no one in Tech apparel. I did the same when Lake State was here. After the game, I did see someone in a white & gold Tech sweatshirt but by then, I had lost my sense of humor. Hopefully, I can regain it tonight. GO BEAVERS!

Flashy Man
11-17-2012, 11:17 AM
As a BSU fan, I was bummed. Up 4-1 and on a roll late in the 2nd period, and then we successfully manage to do all the little things necessary to permit a comeback. Between periods, I was trolling around the hallways of the Sanford Center hoping to show off my vintage 1971 NMU basketball letter jacket and strike up a conversation, only to find no one in Tech apparel. I did the same when Lake State was here. After the game, I did see someone in a white & gold Tech sweatshirt but by then, I had lost my sense of humor. Hopefully, I can regain it tonight. GO BEAVERS!

There will be at least three more Tech fans and a NMU fan there tonight.

geezer
11-17-2012, 05:24 PM
A sweep would go a long way toward improving my mood. Who starts in net tonight? I'd guess Phillips gets his chance?

Shirtless Guy
11-17-2012, 06:58 PM
I have a feeling its genoe again.

huskyfan
11-17-2012, 07:09 PM
There will be at least three more Tech fans and a NMU fan there tonight.

Cheer loud, friends!

huskyfan
11-17-2012, 07:10 PM
How could you not start Genoe?

manurespreader
11-17-2012, 07:12 PM

definitely agree Genoe deserves the start, therefore I think Phillips will get the nod.

geezer
11-17-2012, 07:30 PM

well I didn't see the game yesterday, but his GAA hasn't been exactly stellar. I thought they might give the kid a chance.

lawdoggies
11-17-2012, 07:52 PM
One other thing from my limited viewing: JJ Khaira is a big athletic beast. When the flow of the game starts to click for him more, he's going to be very scary for the bad guys and a joy for Tech fans. Hopefully that happens before the end of 2012.

It's still 2012, and maybe the flow of the game is starting to click for him. Actually, he directed the flow of the game at times last night.

Genoe certainly has been stout in the latter part of recent games.

geezer
11-17-2012, 10:53 PM
A sweep would go a long way toward improving my mood

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
go tech.

and yes, another big game from JJ, 2nd star, he's looking good. Genoe as well, putting it together.

mtu_huskies
11-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Another OT win! A few bounces went our way tonight, but we also played well. All those shots and only 2 goals though.

Mel's postgame thoughts:
Big win, our guys played well from the get go, we dictated the way the game woudl go
Little stretch in 3rd they got momentum, but for a majority we were the better team
Didn't sense a lul like Friday night, we played hard
Genoe made some big saves
Liked our composure, thought Petans goal should have counted, struck shortly after that
Big win, the week off really helped us, nice going into break with 2 Wins
Blake Pietila, nervous when he went down in 2nd, but came back/hung in there
Discipline of our team was good, did a great job
They said goaltender interference, Petan bumped goalies arm/crease, but Mel feels Goalie bumped into Petan
Hyland did a nice job tonight, a lot of special teams, good vision, poise with the puck
Have had good luck in OT, with exception of DU/Final Five, we like OT
so happy for our players, they've worked so hard
We will practice for a few days, would like for guys to go home and enjoy their families and then get back at it to get ready for UMD
On game winner, foot race, BSU guy lost his edge, Jujhar got the puck, good no call, things even out, Tech's goal should've been good earlier in the game
Get your tickets for Duluth in a couple weeks, a good turnout woudl be great, or guys are working hard

UpNorthHockey
11-17-2012, 11:17 PM
Watched the game on the Bemidji internet feed tonight...almost fell asleep due to their monotone announcers. WKMJ was about 15 seconds out of sync with the Bemidji video....arrrrggghh! Ice must have been terrible....puck looked like a tennis ball. Pietila, Khaira, Johnstone, Petan and Seigo looked great. Nice to see Hyland play. I thought he looked pretty good. I'm still worried about our goaltending. I'd like to get a look at Phillips in a game.