Elmira College - 2012/2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post
    Good old Krogol. In a past life, he may have been our Captain.

So, who's excited for round 3? Will most likely be down friday.
    I'll be there as usual, I love a god hockey ge at the Domes ;-)
    Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
    Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
    Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

UC v EC

EC theme for the night ... Flashes of brilliance followed by spells of malaise
      • Nice making vcxc's acquaintance tonight.
      • Great to see UC's #12 on the ice. Got to see him play as HS sophomore. Quality kid.
      • Educate is the real deal
      • Simpson had a couple of early defensive gaffes early on which UC couldn't capitalize
      • Pios seemed to be a bit better with their sticks. Always lifting or tying up an opponent's
      • Elmira's first 10 minutes were their best of the season, the next 28 ... not so much.
      • If UC is a top 3 team, then I'm the King of Salem ... no offense intended
      • Elmira reverted back to taking penalties, and their PK cost them the game
      • If coach could predict which goalie would have the hot hand before the game, record would be very different.
      • Burtt left in the 1st on 1 leg, returned for the 3rd, got charged / boarded / raped, only a minor given!?
      • Last 2 minutes of the game were complete chaos. Empty net, on PP, place was going absolutely nuts

E1 - Odd man rush, rebound batted in by the 4th guy on the rush
      U1 - Very end of PP, UC bats in a rebound
      U2 - Very end of PP, UC bats in a rebound
      U3 - UC pots another rebound
      U4 - PP through a crowd
      U5 - PP (do you recognize a theme?)
      E2 - Looked like a tip-in from a long blast
      E3 - Depp hustle play created an easy rebound tap-in for Sumi
      E4 - PP blast tipped in

Interesting call of the game. EC on the kill, clears the puck out of their own end which hits a UC bench player. Refs bring the face-off back into the EC defensive zone. Led indirectly to a UC goal. {bizarre}

Comment

Re: UC v EC

Utica is not a top three team. You are correct when you say EC's penalty kill cost them the game, because it was pretty awful. DeMelo should of started, but like you said who knew?
        2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Re: Elmira College - 2012/2013

Pardon me if I'm missing something here, but who is saying Utica is a Top 3 team?
          Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
          Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
          Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
          2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
          2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Re: EC and Tourneys

I was wondering the same thing.

Edit: Well, I guess a bit back, we did think that we should be considered a top 3 team if Oswego was the 4th team.
            Last edited by UCBadger; 01-18-2013, 10:06 PM.
            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
              EC theme for the night ... Flashes of brilliance followed by spells of malaise
              • Nice making vcxc's acquaintance tonight.
              • Great to see UC's #12 on the ice. Got to see him play as HS sophomore. Quality kid.
              • Educate is the real deal
              • Simpson had a couple of early defensive gaffes early on which UC couldn't capitalize
              • Pios seemed to be a bit better with their sticks. Always lifting or tying up an opponent's
              • Elmira's first 10 minutes were their best of the season, the next 28 ... not so much.
              • If UC is a top 3 team, then I'm the King of Salem ... no offense intended
              • Elmira reverted back to taking penalties, and their PK cost them the game
              • If coach could predict which goalie would have the hot hand before the game, record would be very different.
              • Burtt left in the 1st on 1 leg, returned for the 3rd, got charged / boarded / raped, only a minor given!?
              • Last 2 minutes of the game were complete chaos. Empty net, on PP, place was going absolutely nuts

E1 - Odd man rush, rebound batted in by the 4th guy on the rush
              U1 - Very end of PP, UC bats in a rebound
              U2 - Very end of PP, UC bats in a rebound
              U3 - UC pots another rebound
              U4 - PP through a crowd
              U5 - PP (do you recognize a theme?)
              E2 - Looked like a tip-in from a long blast
              E3 - Depp hustle play created an easy rebound tap-in for Sumi
              E4 - PP blast tipped in

Interesting call of the game. EC on the kill, clears the puck out of their own end which hits a UC bench player. Refs bring the face-off back into the EC defensive zone. Led indirectly to a UC goal. {bizarre}
              I'll break my review into multiple parts. Let me start off by saying that Elmira looked like two completely different teams if you saw that game in half. First 30 minutes was all UC. In the last 30, EC played like they deserved to win. They tightened up Defensively, Stayed out of the box(While utica suddenly looked like Bernie Madoff. Looking good one day and locked up the next) Demelo looked excellent, And wow, does Sumi have a ROCKET shot or what? (wow)
              Here's my assessment on the hit:
              From my angle, that was a minor on Morton. Nasty hit and you could definitely argue with the increased emphasis on avoiding head injuries for a major or a game misc., but it was really a matter of two guys going full blast the length of the ice and unfortunately Burtt got a really bad end of the collision. Morton had a look on his face when he skated over like (Crap, did that just happen?... he looked like that was not what he had in mind when he went for that one)
              Subsequently, The refs had to call something there, but i mean, a 10 minute misc or a major would have been at the very top end of the range in terms of calling it. Its a reasonable possibility, but it just looked like two guys going after a loose puck from down there. A 10 could have been justifiable, but i just dont know that it totally would have fit what happened. these things do happen.

The one thing that annoyed me: The girl working the scorers table was practically screaming (and i mean loudly) bloody murder next to me. She thought it was an undisputed game misconduct. That combined with her word choice(Which was pretty bad for a press box at any level when others immediately around you are on the air) caused me to give her a real strange look, then go back about my business like nothing happened. I realistically should send their supervisor a note, but i think i'll let that go.

The good news: That kid was about the only bad apple (besides the morons who apparently were fighting on the other side) i saw all night. Pleasure to meet any and all of you who came down to say hello. I met more than one of you tonight and i'm glad i did. My first time at the domes was a successful one, even with the Internet cutting out every five minutes(And the RLM video feed was crashing right along with us).... Not much you can do as visiting press other than cheerfully go about troubleshooting and ask questions later.

Besides that, The staff was reasonably helpful, the Concessions are nicely placed although i didnt partake in any munchies, The referees did a fairly good job defusing things when they were about to get real hairy, and i think a big reason why is that you had Will O'malley (Who worked the saturday game in the first weekend series) who was very well aware of what happened the first time these two teams played each other. I was hoping to get out of there with a far cleaner game and thankfully, that took place.

I put this on the UC thread, but the Domes are one reliable phone jack away from being a legitimately great barn IMO. I'd go back.
              Our bite is worse than our bark....
              Top guys, out.

Comment

Originally posted by vcxc3200 View Post

I put this on the UC thread, but the Domes are one reliable phone jack away from being a legitimately great barn IMO. I'd go back.
                Glad you agree Sorry I didn't remember to get down to meet you. "I missed the (Morons) fighting on the other side" what was that all about?

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                  Glad you agree Sorry I didn't remember to get down to meet you. "I missed the (Morons) fighting on the other side" what was that all about?

I'm going to go out on a limb with that one. There was a cop hanging out over there and there were people hanging out on those bleachers a bit longer than everyone else. Which makes me think they had just watched something of that nature.... they were there awfully long. Was kind of busy, so i missed it if it did happen.

Btw, told a couple of my UC pals about what krogol said to one of the fans last week(Someone posted that quote on here)..... They shrugged and went "That's just Krogol."
                  Our bite is worse than our bark....
                  Top guys, out.

Comment

There's supposed to be a heat wave tomorrow, 18° at Hobart, anyone going up to watch the "upset" ;-)

Comment

• Re: UC v EC

There's supposed to be a heat wave tomorrow, 18° at Hobart, anyone going up to watch the "upset" ;-)
                      or is anyone upset to go and watch???

Comment

• Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                        I will be there. I've been there in worse weather.

Comment

• Re: Elmira College - 2012/2013

Originally posted by DH003325 View Post
                          I will be there. I've been there in worse weather.
                          Me too Don, only once have I been "forced" to go inside to warm up a little, And people complain about the Domes LMFAO

Comment

Good game by EC tonight vs Hobart, a bit closer than the score indicates. Still a couple dumb penalties but not as many. EC could pull off a victory tomorrow night if they "play smart"

Comment

Good game by EC tonight vs Hobart, a bit closer than the score indicates. Still a couple dumb penalties but not as many. EC could pull off a victory tomorrow night if they "play smart"
                              would be a nice win if they do, they need something to hang their hat on for next yr

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                would be a nice win if they do, they need something to hang their hat on for next yr
                                This definitely a hard team to figure out. It was mentioned by a "Parent" that the "Team" (Coach) is on a three year plan, which,in my opinion, means he's not too worried about the present, but looking at the "Big Year" to be '14-'15 season.
                                At this time, we can only hope that they "Play the Spoiler" cause a little "shuffle" in the standings.

Comment

Working...
                                X