Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    Now optional across college hockey. Can't imagine too many schools will use them anymore.
    Any idea why this was? I assume it was a budgeting/monetary issue?

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
      I've watched a lot of hockey and can't remember a time when a goal judge influenced a ref, one way or the other. Now that they have four pairs of eyes on the ice, plus video replay, it's hard to see what value the judge adds.

If those two seats (at opposite ends) now go on the market to the public, it would be interesting to see how they'd be priced. On the plus side, they'd provides a unique view of the game. There are two minuses, though: (a) you only get to see the mayhem in front of the net and (b) anyone who bought a ticket would essentially be wearing a sign saying, "Sad Sack with No Friends."

Comment

During one of BU's goals (the second or the third I think) the red light didn't go on. Who controls the red lights now? Somebody upstairs?
        #OneKnight

Comment

Jack Parker's control panel has a new button between the "control weather" and "pop the net loose" options.

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
            Originally posted by goalguard View Post
            I've watched a lot of hockey and can't remember a time when a goal judge influenced a ref, one way or the other. Now that they have four pairs of eyes on the ice, plus video replay, it's hard to see what value the judge adds.
            My understanding is pretty much what goalguard said. Not so much a money thing as just coming to the realization that with today's technology, it just isn't necessary.

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
            During one of BU's goals (the second or the third I think) the red light didn't go on. Who controls the red lights now? Somebody upstairs?
            I believe it's someone upstairs, but I'm not 100% on that.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
              Jack Parker's control panel has a new button between the "control weather" and "pop the net loose" options.
              Actually, JP delegated operation of the red light button to his twin brother. Coaching the team and operating the other two buttons are all Jack can handle,
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

For anyone considering going to the game Saturday, the tickets being sold at Agganis only cost $12 Apparently UNH slashed the crap out of their prices. Great value now.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Merrimack now charges $25.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                    Shhhh!!!

Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Merrimack now charges $25.
                      is it $25? i thought they capped it at $20! ***! well, there goes that $14 i saved on unh.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        For anyone considering going to the game Saturday, the tickets being sold at Agganis only cost $12 Apparently UNH slashed the crap out of their prices. Great value now.
                        Great to hear, was the worst value in HE. Now NU holds that crown with lower bowl seating at $20.

Edit: holy $h!t, guess not. W T F is Merrimack thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          is it $25? i thought they capped it at $20! ***! well, there goes that $14 i saved on unh.
                          Looks like its $15 for most games and $20-25 for higher profile opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Great to hear, was the worst value in HE. Now NU holds that crown with lower bowl seating at $20.
                            Full price downstairs corners (ie the non obstructed seats) are $14 (or at least were last year). Definitely below the average HE ticket price. The tickets they give to the away team are in the most expensive tier though.

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                            Looks like its $15 for most games and $20-25 for higher profile opponents.
                            The tickets HAA is selling for $12 are also being sold for $25.50 BEFORE fees on UNH's ticketmaster page. Nice of them to sell to the away fans for less than half what they are charging their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                              The tickets HAA is selling for $12 are also being sold for $25.50 BEFORE fees on UNH's ticketmaster page. Nice of them to sell to the away fans for less than half what they are charging their own.
                              Double post and replying to myself, I suck, I know.

But, if you are a UNH fan and pay for season tickets WITH the young alumni discount in the section HAA is selling tickets in you are still paying over $4 more per game than we are. Who came up with this idiotic pricing model? Not that I'm complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                I would like to register a complaint! (to be spoken in a John Cleese accent from the dead parrot skit).

The video highlights on the BU athletic sight have become almost useless. They often show, literally the last half of a second before a goal is scored. Check out Hohmann's goal on the highlights from last nights game (or either of the PC goals). Is the cost per second super high? Also, I would prefer the angle from above rather than the ice level angles they often show, which give you know idea how a play developed.

Someone who can make a difference, please do!
                                Good grief, you ain't kidding. They have all that pregame garbage that they keep in there, plus the "celebrations" after the goals.

My comments on the game:
                                • It had the general feel of a first game. Seemed both teams were doing a bit of feeling it out for a while before things started flowing.
                                • PC's second goal was no shining moment for O'Connor. Was definitely a case of him not sealing off the post after poking the initial attempt back at the fwd. The puck went in clean through the gaping hole he left. The good news is that he bounced back and made some real good stops the rest of the way, not letting any more in.
                                • Not so sure about the full 60 minute effort. They did seem to get a little "loose" in the defensive end for a while there, which led to PC's first goal. Maybe not bad on the effort scale, just not great execution.
                                • Overall, a very good start. Getting an early W in league play is big. Just listened to JP's post game comments and it sounds like it's going to be a rough go all year.
                                • One comment on the crowd. There was a young lady next to us who needs to be stopped. I wasn't listening totally, but she claimed to be Danny O'Regan's "puck girl"? Is that a thing now? Like in Friday Night Lights? Anyway, she was horrible. Standing in the aisle, leaning up against the glass, and screeching such things as "Yayyyyyy Danny!" every time O'Regan hit the ice/touched the puck. Ugh. /getoffmylawn
                                Go BU!

Comment

Working...
                                X