Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    They didn't have hockey when my dad went there in 1948 (when the campus was in Back Bay) and again for his CPA in 1964 (when the "campus" was at the Prudential Center). Considering how beautiful the facilities were (their gym complex is amazing) when my sister was there in 1987 (her dorm was like a four-star hotel) I am quite amazed that they don't have a rink...
    And they have done a lot of upgrades to their campus in the last 5 - 10 years or so... new baseball stadium, new track etc etc.... but I'm not sure where a rink would fit on the campus.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
      And they have done a lot of upgrades to their campus in the last 5 - 10 years or so... new baseball stadium, new track etc etc.... but I'm not sure where a rink would fit on the campus.
      Well, I guess it's all part of the amenities that schools need to provide these days to keep competitive. I haven't even gone into the Student Village at BU because I think it would make me sick when I compare it to my cinder block rectangle (with desk and bed) at West Campus!! I've heard it's like a five-star hotel. Just looking up at all the ellipticals, treadmills, TVs etc every time I go to a game (and notice I only mentioned inanimate objects here lest anyone get the wrong idea ) makes me ALMOST want to go back to school!!

Comment

Interview with Mike Eruzione on why he's auctioning off his Olympic items. I would love to see someone get tehse items and then donate to the USOC Hall of Fame or the Smithsonian or something. Though why some of this stuff isn't already in either of these places is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Interview with Mike Eruzione on why he's auctioning off his Olympic items. I would love to see someone get tehse items and then donate to the USOC Hall of Fame or the Smithsonian or something. Though why some of this stuff isn't already in either of these places is beyond me.
          As I posted the other day. Good for him and his family. This stuff was in the attic. It wasn't anywhere before, so if it goes into a tv room in someone's house for a mil, so be it.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            I can't think of any other reason why that jersey and stick are still in his possession other than "he wanted to keep them". No doubt the Hockey Hall of Fame, the US Hockey Hall of Fame, BU, etc. asked him if he would donate them. My guess is none of them would give money beyond shipping and caretaking costs by policy. I don't blame him, I would have kept those things too.

Nice that he mentions Parker.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Time for Brian Gentry to step up and pay Eruzione's price and then donate the jersey to BU.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                ...., BU.
                If I learned anything about bu and how haa was built, they would have taken mike's stuff.... And had mike call mike to have him donate money to build the wall to display it

Comment

Reminder to all season ticket holders that today is the deadline for ordering beanpot tickets..........

Comment

Reminder to all season ticket holders that today is the deadline for ordering beanpot tickets..........
                    wow, it's the deadline for you guys and some of us just got our applications yesterday

Comment

As long as Harvard gets 1/4 there is never a deadline....

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        I'd be surprised if their band even shows up this year.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          wow, it's the deadline for you guys and some of us just got our applications yesterday
                          I can one up that... some of us never even got our applications.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            This of course is true... the beanpot has not been a difficult ticket the past few years.

Comment

This of course is true... the beanpot has not been a difficult ticket the past few years.
                              yeah, sure do need NU or Harvard to won one of these ................on second thought, even if Harvard won another one they'd still bring no students.

Comment

Harvard has more cheaters than fans?

Comment

Working...
                                X