Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    The limiting factor there would be UConn's schedule, as while our conference schedule will drop to 20 games AHA will still have 27, then after UConn's tournament they will only have 5 OOC's left and 11 HE teams.
    I think that UConn's HE games will most likely be NU-UMass-UML-Mack-PC. It's the easiest for them to get to, I'd think.
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
      I think that UConn's HE games will most likely be NU-UMass-UML-Mack-PC. It's the easiest for them to get to, I'd think.
      They are between 1.5 and 2 hours from all 6 MA teams as well as PC, and only 2.5 from UNH. Location between those 8 schools is basically a non-factor towards who they would schedule, and I'm sure they'd prefer to at least schedule one of the "name brand" HE schools.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
        The JAR isn't big enough to deal w/ BU fans and going by the way they sold out their tickets to Bentley at Harvard and had free buses plus scarves and a reception for their fans, I'm sure Bentley would be happy to visit Conte or Agganis.
        I was speaking more in hypotheticals... I agree it is unlikely that BU would play Bentley in Watertown....

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
        Getting to NU is easier than to BU or BC?

So we have a lot of unaccounted for OOC games for next season. With a 20 game conference schedule, that means 14 or 15 OOC. Prob safe to assume Red Hot Hockey, and some of the ECAC teams we traditionally see... and of course the beanpot. Are the Micigan, Wisco and Mich State confirmed as "double headers"? Even if they are, that still leaves open slots.
        Last edited by ericredaxe; 12-11-2012, 03:47 PM.

Comment

mich and msu are one game each shots. we will have a travel partner.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            I was speaking more in hypotheticals... I agree it is unlikely that BU would play Bentley in Watertown....
            Especially since Bentley is in Waltham!!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Especially since Bentley is in Waltham!!
              You might want to check simple facts prior to posting. Bentley plays at the JAR (John A. Ryan Skating Arena) which is located in Watertown. They do not have an on-campus rink.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
              HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
              HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                You might want to check simple facts prior to posting. Bentley plays at the JAR (John A. Ryan Skating Arena) which is located in Watertown. They do not have an on-campus rink.
                Well, excuse me. I guess I was wrong. And how long have you been waiting for that to happen so you could so markedly point it out?

Comment

They didn't have hockey when my dad went there in 1948 (when the campus was in Back Bay) and again for his CPA in 1964 (when the "campus" was at the Prudential Center). Considering how beautiful the facilities were (their gym complex is amazing) when my sister was there in 1987 (her dorm was like a four-star hotel) I am quite amazed that they don't have a rink...

Comment

Yeah, dude. The arena is, like, 2.6 miles away from the school. It's like night and day!

(Love you, mwade -- just busting your chops a bit.)
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Well, excuse me. I guess I was wrong. And how long have you been waiting for that to happen so you could so markedly point it out?
                      i dont think she was waiting at all........

Comment

She lives for it.
                        National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                        Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                        Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                        two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                        b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Chickod was the one who tried to correct another poster. I was pointing out that the original poster was correct. Not sure why folks feel the need to jump on me for that. At minimum jump on Chickod for his/her post as well.

Give the JAR and Bentley a try sometime. Don't know how much tickets are, but I'm guessing they are cheap. It's a different experience from a BU or a BC home game, but it's still fun. Just wear many layers as it sometimes can be very, very, very cold.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

So, did Eruzione finally have to start paying for meals, drinks and golf?

http://www.wcvb.com/news/sports/Mike...z/-/index.html
                            Originally posted by mookie1995
                            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                              So, did Eruzione finally have to start paying for meals, drinks and golf?

http://www.wcvb.com/news/sports/Mike...z/-/index.html

It's a million bucks for a jersey that doesn't fit anymore

Good for Mike and his family
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

Getting to NU is easier than to BU or BC?

So we have a lot of unaccounted for OOC games for next season. With a 20 game conference schedule, that means 14 or 15 OOC. Prob safe to assume Red Hot Hockey, and some of the ECAC teams we traditionally see... and of course the beanpot. Are the Micigan, Wisco and Mich State confirmed as "double headers"? Even if they are, that still leaves open slots.
                                But I think NU would be more eager to play them than BU would. Or possibly BC for that matter.

But then again, who knows. There will be a whole lot more OOC games, and it would be fun to see how they'll be filled. I'm hoping for some really unique matchups (Hi, Penn State!)
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X