Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Thanks, sounds like it's not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      Thanks, sounds like it's not worth it.
      I've been allowed in with a camera bag that is essentially like a laptop bag. I think they are more strict with "backpack" type bags. I had a friend bring in a messenger bag every game one year, so it's YMMV it seems, but I think you'd be ok with it.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Good Win. Hopeflly we can keep it going tomorrow... going into this weekend i was thinking that the loser of game 1 would have the edge in game 2.

Comment

So, what'd I miss?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            So, what'd I miss?
            A whole bunch of teddy bears got the heave-ho, that's what.
            Bugs Bunny - 96
            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Who is in net for the next two? I'd guess they each get one... But which one?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Who is in net for the next two? I'd guess they each get one... But which one?
                Given that Maguire has yet to play a home game when students weren't on break, that Maine is a weaker opponent, and Maguire's worst outing was against UNH I am willing to bet a couple rounds on O'Connor Thursday and Maguire Saturday.

Comment

Cisse out

And so it begins

Comment

Well, I guess I can stop writing my "Why is Cisse still on the top line?" post.

I won't speak ill will on him for leaving. Missing 2 whole seasons because of injuries plus time on the ice recovering, it is pretty clear he lost some vital development years. Hopefully, he can get it back together and become productive on the ice again. With BU putting him on the top line with no production, nobody can say they never gave him a chance.

Not a big loss production-wise, but it leaves BU very thin on forwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      Cisse out

And so it begins
                      I really don't think so, he was sort of the odd man out in terms of where he fit in here. That plus he wasn't producing at all other than woeful penalties including that incredibly dumb interference on a faceoff with 4 seconds to go in the first. I known he had a history of complaining about playing time. My guess is parker told him he was being benched or moved down and he decided to quit.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        I really don't think so
                        Agreed, simply trolling the fact that you can set your calendar to christmas time departures.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          I really don't think so, he was sort of the odd man out in terms of where he fit in here. That plus he wasn't producing at all other than woeful penalties including that incredibly dumb interference on a faceoff with 4 seconds to go in the first. I known he had a history of complaining about playing time. My guess is parker told him he was being benched or moved down and he decided to quit.
                          IIRC, wasn't there an incident last year where he left the bench and even arena mid game after not getting a shift in the 1st period or something like that? That seemed kind of odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                            Agreed, simply trolling the fact that you can set your calendar to christmas time departures.
                            totally different. Coyle left because his teammates were getting rapey with it. Sissy was simply The fall guy for 924
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              IIRC, wasn't there an incident last year where he left the bench and even arena mid game after not getting a shift in the 1st period or something like that? That seemed kind of odd.
                              Yes - see the notes section of this DFP article http://dailyfreepress.com/2012/02/03...r-rubber-game/

Comment

I guess Cisse didn't feel like taking finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X