Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Sullivan is ahead of both.
    On what basis? Please substantiate.
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      Quinn had dinner next to me Saturday night (Panera Bread. I recommend the Cuban Chicken Panini.) I asked him point blank: "Are you taking over for Jack or what?" He laughed and took a chomp on his salad.*

*Okay, I lied. I did have dinner next to him, but I didn't ask him about the BU coaching situation. But, he was in the arena Saturday night. Scouting his new job? Quick, someone start a rumor!

BU Hockey: Stories From Panera Bread
      More likely scouting the game for available and worthy free agents

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        As Mike Bavis' tenure behind the bench grows with each passing year, is it becoming inevitable that he will replace Jack? Most of us have been throwing out other names (Quinn, Sullivan, Hynes to name a few), but as time goes on and Mike puts in his time, seemingly not even looking at other options (not sure if he has had any), it seems to me that Jack is planning on Mike being the guy.

Thoughts?
        The same question is asked about Mike Cavanaugh in regard to the BC job. I think he should be the #1 candidate to take over, but not everyone agrees with that. You would think Bavis would be next in line, but who really knows other than Jack himself (and Hoky of course). I get the sense most BU fans don't want Bavis taking over though.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          On what basis? Please substantiate.
          Hahahaha. The great and powerful (ly wrong) Hoky doesn't need to substantiate his baseless statements. He just knows stuff. Like Miss Cleo.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            The same question is asked about Mike Cavanaugh in regard to the BC job. I think he should be the #1 candidate to take over, but not everyone agrees with that. You would think Bavis would be next in line, but who really knows other than Jack himself (and Hoky of course). I get the sense most BU fans don't want Bavis taking over though.
            I agree. I would prefer Quinn and Sullivan to Bavis. Quinn has a proven coaching record, and is young enough to related to the players. Sullivan has a less diverse coaching background (Pretty much pro only), but he was one of the best captains BU has ever had, and I think similar to Quinn, I picture him being able to sell BU hockey as well as Parker (recruiting). Both these guys just seem to have all the tools to get it done. And I could easily see them keeping what is good about BU Hockey, while bringing back the elite level status to the program.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
              I agree. I would prefer Quinn and Sullivan to Bavis. Quinn has a proven coaching record, and is young enough to related to the players. Sullivan has a less diverse coaching background (Pretty much pro only), but he was one of the best captains BU has ever had, and I think similar to Quinn, I picture him being able to sell BU hockey as well as Parker (recruiting). Both these guys just seem to have all the tools to get it done. And I could easily see them keeping what is good about BU Hockey, while bringing back the elite level status to the program.
              One would think Bavis as a less established coach would have a pretty short leash if things were going bad, unlike say Sullivan with his NHL pedigree or Quinn given his contributions to the national championship team via his recruiting. For example, if Quinn or Sullivan opened up their career with two mediocre years they could rightfully argue that they need a little more time for their recruiting and coaching style to take hold and Im guessing most fans would understand. If Bavis has two bad seasons out of the gate people will fairly or unfairly want him fired in favor a big name coach.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                Hahahaha. The great and powerful (ly wrong) Hoky doesn't need to substantiate his baseless statements. He just knows stuff. Like Miss Cleo.
                And the other "opinions" were substantiated?

Sullivans job if he wants it, end of story

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  And the other "opinions" were substantiated?

Sullivans job if he wants it, end of story
                  It's BC week and we're talking about a job that won't be open for another 15 years
                  GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                    It's BC week and we're talking about a job that won't be open for another 15 years
                    Okay, I introduced the coaching topic, so I'll change it up.

What are your favorite BU vs BC moments in recent memory?

Three that jump to my mind:
                    1. The Lawrence-Higgins-Yip three on two to win the 2006 HE Championship (all subsequent games from that season have been erased from my memory bank) :-)
                    2. The #8 vs #1 series win at Conte, with Eric Thomassian, of all people, scoring a big goal in Game 3 - what year was that? We barely finished 8th, beating UNH in OT to grab the last playoff spot. After beating BC, we lost to Jimmy Howard and Maine, 1-0. 2004?
                    3. Justin Maiser's third goal of the game to beat the Eagles in the 2003 HE Semifinals in 2OT.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I think the program should be handed over to Buddy Powers

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        I think the program should be handed over to Buddy Powers
                        What about Toot Cahoon instead?
                        GO BU

Comment

1. The Lawrence-Higgins-Yip three on two to win the 2006 HE Championship (all subsequent games from that season have been erased from my memory bank) :-)
                          2. The #8 vs #1 series win at Conte, with Eric Thomassian, of all people, scoring a big goal in Game 3 - what year was that? We barely finished 8th, beating UNH in OT to grab the last playoff spot. After beating BC, we lost to Jimmy Howard and Maine, 1-0. 2004?
                          3. Justin Maiser's third goal of the game to beat the Eagles in the 2003 HE Semifinals in 2OT.
                          Your #2 was 03-04. And the description is incomplete without Sean Fields turning to the BC students and flapping his arms like a bird once the series was over.

I'll add in the 3 goals in 44 seconds in 08-09.

Plus for more sentimental value than actual importance the stick salute from the BU team to the BU fans after the 5-0 win at Conte last year while BC players watched, made better by York complaining about it.

Comment

What did York have to say? Does BC do a stick salute when they usually win at Agganis?

Comment

Video of #1 and #3 among those on this listing. A few other BU-BC highlights, too.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                What did York have to say?
                                wah WAAAAAAHHHHH!!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X