Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Lol

You really wanna use something college fan said?

Dave, I know you're a little slow...nobody is whining about that moron posting in the bc thread. We've all enjoyed responding to him. All I pointed out to pirate is that the guy seems to be a troll himself. I welcome it.

And if you havent realized all things weighart are a running joke, I dont know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Defkit, maybe they should just stick to the ugly goalie chant for opposing goalies...the **** one is a little creepy IMO.
      Especially combined with the fact that it's a predominantly male student section that shrieks when there's a 1 on 3 crossing the blue line

Anyway very impressed with O'Connor. Showed a lot of poise. Had Arnold & Gaudreau looking up at the ceiling a couple of times.

Anyone else notice something off with the ice yesterday? Puck was sticking everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Wow. O'Connor gives up 3 goals to the #1 team in the country, and he is now the brunt of jokes, and even BU fans think he should sit? Amazing how different people can look at the exact same thing and get two totally different views. He deserved the #2 star because he made some great saves, including an all out breakaway and a couple others where someone was in all alone (incl. the two best forwards on BC). Did Gaudreau seem to shoot it right at him? Sure, but that is why you come out aggresively and cut down the angle - so it hits you. Was the second goal a poor one to give up? Sure. But it was also a great play by the Hayes. And I don't think either of the other goals were his fault. He covered the post to make a save on the wrap around, and Hohmann didn't cover Straight who tucked in the rebound. I give credit to BC's speed on that one.

Bottom line for me: O'Connor is still far ahead of where I had hoped either of these goalies would be. Does he need to work on speed to cover the post? Sure. For a guy 6'5", I guess that is the down side that partially off-sets the benefit of having such a huge frame to cover the shots coming from in front. So he has something to work on, 5 games into his college hockey career. I don't see that as a reason to get on him.
        Further, if you watch the highlights, it appears the puck doesn't go off his skate, but rather his thigh, and his skate was indeed on the post by the time the puck got to his leg. If our biggest complaint about a freshman goalie one month into his career is that he's been scored on twice from behind the net, one on a 1 in 1000 play (UND), I'll take that and run with it. Maguire looks hesitant and jumpy in net, and the team's play has reflected that in both games he's started. O'Connor looks under control and focused in net, and the team's play has reflected that when he's started. He's not a flashy guy, he's not flailing his glove like Kieran did, and he's not jumping all over the place. Generally, his positioning has been excellent.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          it's a predominantly male student section that shrieks when there's a 1 on 3 crossing the blue line

Anyway very impressed with O'Connor. Showed a lot of poise. Had Arnold & Gaudreau looking up at the ceiling a couple of times.

Anyone else notice something off with the ice yesterday? Puck was sticking everywhere
          Check again, there's actually quite a few females. Remember, culture of sexual entitlement...

Don't tell mookie you're impressed with O'Connor. And no, didn't notice anything off with the ice, only the BU "powerplay".
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
            Puck was sticking everywhere
            Pre game it did look like they were having to do some ice repairs so they must have been having some trouble with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Pre game it did look like they were having to do some ice repairs so they must have been having some trouble with it.
              That was debris they were cleaning off from the mats they used for the BUPD color guard and Dear Abbeys for the national anthem.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by pirate View Post
                Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist in our arena. Was it magic karma? Did they get their karma from the same guy that sold Jack his magic beans?
                Every time My Cousin Vinny is quoted on these boards, an angel gets its wings.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Is it too much to ask that we see replays of all goals not just those scored by BU
                  This is old school thinking. The paying fan deserves to see as much as someone sitting at home
                  The NFL has tried to address this problem and shows the booth replays that the official views.

I missed the Hayes goal after his intial shot and a replay would have helped

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                    Is it too much to ask that we see replays of all goals not just those scored by BU
                    This is old school thinking. The paying fan deserves to see as much as someone sitting at home
                    The NFL has tried to address this problem and shows the booth replays that the official views.

I missed the Hayes goal after his intial shot and a replay would have helped
                    1000000000% agree. We all would've loved to have seen what the hell happened on the behind the net bank shot goal, since we could only see the broken up 2 on 1 then suddenly the puck's in the net and we're bufuddled. I can understand not showing a replay while an official is reviewing it, but please for the love of Freddy Meyer, show it afterwards.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Defkit, maybe they should just stick to the ugly goalie chant for opposing goalies...the **** one is a little creepy IMO.

Ugly goalie one is at least creative and creativity isnt commonplace at hockey east rinks.
                      The orginal is indeed creative. What cracked me up with the **** goalie chant, was that once I realized what they were saying, I anticipated exactly what would happen when he put his mask down, and the crowd delivered. It was just funny in my mind.

While never one to put too much time into gauging where the ladies (or guys in some cases) might put a male on the attractiveness scale, I did notice that his official team photo bears a resemblance to Mr. Beckham back in his younger days (I'll let some with more technical skills put up the side-by-side photos). So I wasn't surprised when I heard the chant.
                      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Stopped by here today to see if there was any interesting thoughts on a pretty good hockey game. I should have know it would be mostly monkey house feces slinging. My bad. I are a moron.
                        http://www.travisroyfoundation.org/

Comment

Watching the game on NESN, couple of observations:

1.) Jack Edwards is horrible. He's the only reason why the NHL lockout is tolerable
                          2.) BC is heads and shoulders better than BU. They seemed out of sync on the power play, otherwise it would have bee a 5 goal blowout
                          3.) O'Connor is going to be a good goalie for BU and should play most of the games the rest of the way.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                            1.) Jack Edwards is horrible.
                            I read that too fast and thought you said Jack Edwards was adorable. I heard he also said Yassin Gill at one point.

Comment

Maybe I'm just unimpressed with BC because I expected more from a #1. There's no doubt they're good, but I wouldn't call their win a dominant performance. BU's major problem was shots on goal. How many shots are they going to miss wide or high? We ended the night with 27 shots on goal but that number could have been higher. O'Connor was the most impressive terrier on the ice tonight. Barring 2 goals I could barely see because they came from unconventional angles, he had a solid night in terms of quality saves. He surprised me with his ability to cover the 5-hole despite being a large goalie.

The most notable absence of archetype player for BU was the lack of a power forward. I saw BC stand us up at lot at the blue line just as Merrimack had the night before. We just don't have a guy who can reliably carry the puck into the offensive zone without getting knocked off.

Comment

Originally posted by CASHockey View Post
                                Maybe I'm just unimpressed with BC because I expected more from a #1. There's no doubt they're good, but I wouldn't call their win a dominant performance. BU's major problem was shots on goal. How many shots are they going to miss wide or high? We ended the night with 27 shots on goal but that number could have been higher. O'Connor was the most impressive terrier on the ice tonight. Barring 2 goals I could barely see because they came from unconventional angles, he had a solid night in terms of quality saves. He surprised me with his ability to cover the 5-hole despite being a large goalie.

The most notable absence of archetype player for BU was the lack of a power forward. I saw BC stand us up at lot at the blue line just as Merrimack had the night before. We just don't have a guy who can reliably carry the puck into the offensive zone without getting knocked off.
                                BC scored like 40 seconds into the game and never trailed, right? That means BU (a top ten team give or take) lost at home to its fiercest rival and trailed for 59:20 of the game. Umm, that sounds like a pretty **** good team to me.
                                Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X