Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Any word on who is in goal tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
      Any word on who is in goal tonight?
      I would be shocked if it isn't O'Connor. The reality is that, while Maguire has bounced back from his tough first game, O'Connor is playing at a higher level at the moment. I suspect Maguire will next start either in a non-conference game, or a home game against a lower half opponent.

With Privitera back, who sits on d - MacGregor or Oksanen? With Gaudreau flying down the wing, who do you want trying to stop him? I think Parker will reward Oksanen for his goal Friday night.

At forward, Kurker did not play Friday night, Moran and Rosen did. I'm guessing Kurker starts over Moran.

We do need to start seem some offense out of the third line.

I'm pumped for the game!
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I'd agree on O'Connor and Oksanen. Ahkti has a great shot and more speed than MacGregor. But expecting Moran to stay in the lineup. Older and more experienced with higher-end competition than Kurker.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
          Wait, wait, wait... Am I reading this right that UConn beat Merrimack 3-1 tonight? Suddenly I'm not as impressed with our handling of them last night for some reason.
          Are you just as unimpressed with the win over North Dakata given their loss to SCSU?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            There was an event at Agganis tonight.
            Was there? I walked by and it was dark and unpopulated. Very odd for a Saturday at Agganis haha.

Comment

Originally posted by timbhealey View Post
              Was there? I walked by and it was dark and unpopulated. Very odd for a Saturday at Agganis haha.
              Wasn't Comics Come Home last night?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Wasn't Comics Come Home last night?
                According to the Agganis website it is next Saturday... which would help explain the UNH game being on a Sunday...

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                  According to the Agganis website it is next Saturday... which would help explain the UNH game being on a Sunday...
                  Yeah, CCH is next Saturday. The game is on Sunday because of that and the fact that the team is playing in Vermont Friday night, so they'll have a long bus ride Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    I would be shocked if it isn't O'Connor. The reality is that, while Maguire has bounced back from his tough first game, O'Connor is playing at a higher level at the moment. I suspect Maguire will next start either in a non-conference game, or a home game against a lower half opponent....
                    whatever. the tall dude needs to work on his quickness. that is now two goals in his 6.5 games where he is too slow getting back to cover his post when the puck gets behind the line. unacceptable. i would sit him next weekend and tell him to go work on it and get back to us when he's ready to move.

unacceptable to give up those two goals. one mistake, not good. two in such a short sample. sit.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• I guess there are three teams that dive now
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        whatever. the tall dude needs to work on his quickness. that is now two goals in his 6.5 games where he is too slow getting back to cover his post when the puck gets behind the line. unacceptable. i would sit him next weekend and tell him to go work on it and get back to us when he's ready to move.

unacceptable to give up those two goals. one mistake, not good. two in such a short sample. sit.
                        Score, please?
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                          Score, please?
                          Final: BC 4 - BU 2
                          National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                          Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                          Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
                          two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
                          b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

• Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                            Final: BC 4 - BU 2
                            Thank You
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              I guess there are three teams that dive now
                              How embarrassing for Jack. Of course, he totally deserves this.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Wait? Rawlings transferred to BU? I can't believe I missed this...
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X