Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    it does say that.
    Are you guys sure you are looking at the Men's poster?

Who the hell proof reads this stuff!? Scarlet is going to blow a gasket.

BU Hockey: It Takes a Task Force...
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Bump! Page 2?!?

We got Friars coming on Saturday. I don't trust those guys.
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
        Bump!

Page 2? I don't think so.

We got Friars coming on Saturday. I don't trust those guys.
        Well any returning players should recall that they beat us early in the season last year. So they should be prepared. Looking forward to seeing what this Gilles kid is all about.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I have 2 tix in sec 114 available for sat nite for the right persons. Email:leg7@att.blackberry.net
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

From The Boston Hockey Blog twitter:

"LINEUP UPDATE: Freshman D Ahti Oksanen will sit out two games for NCAA violations during his time with the Espoo Blues. The Blues had a professional player with them for two games, so Oksanen needs to sit out one NCAA game for each he played with a pro. Jack Parker knew of the violation before bringing Oksanen in over the summer."

So he didn't play as a pro, but since he had a teammate who was a pro that played for 2 games he has to sit out an equal number of games. Doesn't make sense. Welcome to the NCAA Ahti!

Comment

I'm sure he gained some mad skills playing along a player who got paid for the game that would be totally unfair to other players without such benefits. [/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                I'm sure he gained some mad skills playing along a player who got paid for the game that would be totally unfair to other players without such benefits. [/sarcasm]
                And it was a much larger benefit than those players who went to NHL Development Camps and played with pro's and weren't suspended.

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88298351@N03/

A little late, but here's some photos from BU's game against the Varsity Blues last Sunday. Funny one-sided game.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                    From The Boston Hockey Blog twitter:

"LINEUP UPDATE: Freshman D Ahti Oksanen will sit out two games for NCAA violations during his time with the Espoo Blues. The Blues had a professional player with them for two games, so Oksanen needs to sit out one NCAA game for each he played with a pro. Jack Parker knew of the violation before bringing Oksanen in over the summer."

So he didn't play as a pro, but since he had a teammate who was a pro that played for 2 games he has to sit out an equal number of games. Doesn't make sense. Welcome to the NCAA Ahti!
                    Well, that's really stupid.

Par for the course with the NCAA. Yet they had no problem letting that Yale kid play a few years back.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Well, that's really stupid.

Par for the course with the NCAA. Yet they had no problem letting that Yale kid play a few years back.
                      everyone knows... you don't f with the skulls
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Anybody have any inside info on who plays Saturday, and line combinations? I'm guessing that this being the first real week of practice, the coaches may still be making those decisions.

I'm excited to see some BU Hockey for the first time since March.
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Just a note to anyone coming to the game Friday, you may have read that there's been a rash of armed robberies in the area surrounding Agganis in Brookline, as well as last night one on Comm Ave down the street. Two were in broad daylight on heavily trafficked streets and one in the evening, so when you park your car, don't flash any valuables as you're walking down the street.
                          I believe they bagged one of the little ******** yesterday so hopefully problem solved after he gives up his buddies.
                          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            I believe they bagged one of the little ******** yesterday so hopefully problem solved after he gives up his buddies.
                            Yes, one of those little cretins turned himself in. Which is always nice but I personally prefer police solving the crime and swat teams kicking in doors and perps getting roughed up or tazed myself. Personally preference of course.
                            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I find the whole thing sad more than anything else. They're just kids. What a waste. I just hope they can still find a way to salvage their lives, and that the justice system won't leave them in worse shape than when it found them.
                              #OneKnight

Comment

Maybe they thought they would get the $10,000...

Comment

Working...
                                X