Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

I think all that speculation is false
    Delta is resuming its flights to Minneapolis starting at 6:30 tonight
    All flights are also scheduled for tomorrow
    Should be no problem for those of us going Thursday or Friday

Comment

If you don't mind my asking, where are your seats at the Ralph? I will most likely be in the upper bowl of the student/general admission area.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Since this is not a frequent match-up, any memories from past ones to share?

- of course, most of us know that the Travis Roy injury occured against UND. Jay Pandolfo had a hat rick (first of a gazillion for him that season), BU won 7-3 I think.
        - A few years earlier, I recall that the Sioux had a hot shot freshman (NHL prospect), that BU did an effective job neutralizing/getting under his skin) in a home victory. What the heck was his name...
        - The 2009 championship season started off with a convincing victory over the Sioux in the IceBreaker at Agganis.
        - I think BU has had a handful of two-game trips out to Grand Forks, where they have either gotten swept or managed one tie. But I don't think they've had much success out there.
        One of my top 3 moments in WBA history was the 3 game NCAA QF series vs. NoDak in 1990. BU lost the first game of the series, but came back to win games 2 and 3. Game 3 was a no doubt about it effort. Terriers gave them a good lickin' (5 - 0?). Captain Mike Sullivan led the boys back out of the locker room for an impromptu victory lap. Great stuff.
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          One of my top 3 moments in WBA history was the 3 game NCAA QF series vs. NoDak in 1990. BU lost the first game of the series, but came back to win games 2 and 3. Game 3 was a no doubt about it effort. Terriers gave them a good lickin' (5 - 0?). Captain Mike Sullivan led the boys back out of the locker room for an impromptu victory lap. Great stuff.
          How did I forget to bring that one up? That was the second of three straight best of three series that year where BU lost Friday night and won the next two nights. First was against NU in the HE Quarters (including Joe Sacco's 5 goal game). They then lost a single elimination at Maine. THe UND series was next, followed by the great comeback in Lansing to reach the FF for the first time in my "tenure".

I believe Amonte had an SHG in both games 2 and 3 of that series.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by PhatKroger10 View Post
            If you don't mind my asking, where are your seats at the Ralph? I will most likely be in the upper bowl of the student/general admission area.
            Sec 311

Was that the time the NoDak goalie got a penalty and had to sit in the penalty box?

I remember a season opener at WBA when Landon Wilson (I think?) was on the team and during pre-game warmups there were, um, fisticuffs.

Also, just got word that the team is all set and going. Whew! I won't stop being anxious till I'm sitting on the plane though.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Sec 311

I remember a season opener at WBA when Landon Wilson (I think?) was on the team and during pre-game warmups there were, um, fisticuffs.

That's the guy I was thinking about earlier....thanks!

Comment

Since this is not a frequent match-up, any memories from past ones to share?

- of course, most of us know that the Travis Roy injury occured against UND. Jay Pandolfo had a hat rick (first of a gazillion for him that season), BU won 7-3 I think.
                Are you saying the final of the Travis Roy game was 7-3? I recall 8-6. And O'Sullivan scored on the first shift of the game. It was 1-0 BU when Travis hit the ice.

Scarlet, I believe the "fisticuffs" incidence was before game 1 of that 3-game series in 1990. And Joe Sacco was in the center of it. The Sioux wore the Chicago Blackhawk indian back then.

Then of course there is 1997. *shudder* I still say that is the most disappointing championship that wasn't.

BU Hockey: Sioux Me
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

i made sports final that night!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Are you saying the final of the Travis Roy game was 7-3? I recall 8-6. And O'Sullivan scored on the first shift of the game. It was 1-0 BU when Travis hit the ice.

Scarlet, I believe the "fisticuffs" incidence was before game 1 of that 3-game series in 1990. And Joe Sacco was in the center of it. The Sioux wore the Chicago Blackhawk indian back then.

Then of course there is 1997. *shudder* I still say that is the most disappointing championship that wasn't.

Relying upon fading memory, the pregame brawl preceded the first game of the series. The penalty boxes were full at the opening drop of the puck. The teams came onto the ice surface before the officials. The players were playing chicken as they passed at center ice while skating in half-ice circles. The inevitable occurred, two players collided, many hands were thrown. It was all great fun.
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

I'm definitely not sure of the final of the Roy game. I'm going to revise my guess to 8-5. I still have a videotape with Bob Nuiemeier (sp?) on the evening news. He says the score as a lead in......I'll watch it again one day.

There was definitely the pre-game dust-up before game 1 in the 1990 series at WBA. Landon Wilson was a different time, and I honestly don't remember a pre-game issue. I just remember that BU played him very tight and he started getting frustrated and it got chippy.

1997....no surprise that I legitimately forgot about that one. I always thought it was a bad call by Parker to go back from the great one man forecheck strategy that worked so well against Michigan to a more aggressive game plan. I think he underestimated the Sioux offensive threat. And we were burned when our two best players (Drury ad Kelleher) both made terrible passes that were intercepted and resulted in breakaway goals. Sigh....it was the third straight title game for BU in which we gave up 5 second period goals.

Comment

Also, with respect to the Blackhawks logo - don't be offended Bomber - I think their current logo is amazing, and much better than the old one. If I didn't have allegiance to BU, I would likely follow the Sioux just because of the unis. I know, I know, it's days are numbered.

Comment

I'm definitely not sure of the final of the Roy game. I'm going to revise my guess to 8-5. I still have a videotape with Bob Nuiemeier (sp?) on the evening news. He says the score as a lead in......I'll watch it again one day.

There was definitely the pre-game dust-up before game 1 in the 1990 series at WBA. Landon Wilson was a different time, and I honestly don't remember a pre-game issue. I just remember that BU played him very tight and he started getting frustrated and it got chippy.

1997....no surprise that I legitimately forgot about that one. I always thought it was a bad call by Parker to go back from the great one man forecheck strategy that worked so well against Michigan to a more aggressive game plan. I think he underestimated the Sioux offensive threat. And we were burned when our two best players (Drury ad Kelleher) both made terrible passes that were intercepted and resulted in breakaway goals. Sigh....it was the third straight title game for BU in which we gave up 5 second period goals.
                          The final in the Travis Roy game was 8-5. The Landon Wilson game was from October of 1993. BU won 6-3.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Also, with respect to the Blackhawks logo - don't be offended Bomber - I think their current logo is amazing, and much better than the old one. If I didn't have allegiance to BU, I would likely follow the Sioux just because of the unis. I know, I know, it's days are numbered.
                            I agree. The Blackhawk jersey is the greatest jersey in sports, but the Sioux logo (May it rest in peace) is the greatest logo in college sports. I love the Sioux green jersey's. Wicked shaahp.

BU Hockey: Uni Watch

And yes, 8-5. As soon as you posted that I knew I was off by a goal.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

FYI to Terrier Fan Blog readers - Rogie lost power, supposedly for up to 10 days, so he has not been able to update the blog. I'm hoping to connect with him to fill in while he is off the grid.

Comment

Watch out Jerry!!

http://www.uscho.com/2012/11/01/emba...ator-schachte/

Comment

Working...
                                X