Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2012-13 Season Thread -- Up To The Task?

Good luck to all the BU fans this weekend, it's always refreshing to see two premier programs that normally don't play much, give it a go. It's gonna be some good hockey.

Comment

Looking forward to the to check out the Ralph! Provided this storm doesn't prevent me from flying on Thursday. [/nervous nellie]

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Looking forward to the to check out the Ralph! Provided this storm doesn't prevent me from flying on Thursday. [/nervous nellie]
        Take some time before or after the game to check out all the the memorabilia that is all over the arena... some pretty awesome history there. Also, make sure to wipe your feet before entering, we like our marble floors to stay shiny.

Comment

Was hoping one of the "Irish" freshmen would get HE ROTW, but I guess they picked a tough week to shine, as Gilles from PC was stellar.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Was hoping one of the "Irish" freshmen would get HE ROTW, but I guess they picked a tough week to shine, as Gilles from PC was stellar.
            Hockey East: No Irish Need Apply

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
              Great Hockey Viewing! HE vs WCHA
              Unfortunately the quality of the broadcast hasn't been very good this year. The picture has been all washed out. The announcers, Dan Hammer and Scott Koberinski are new to each other. Although Hammer has done play by play for a long time, they haven't really started to mesh yet and Koberinski seems out of his league a bit. It's better than nothing, but not by a huge margin.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                There will be a lot of "Irish" winning HE weekly awards next year and beyond. Those turds are going to run this league and that is why I didn't want them among other important reasons.

(I realize you were talking about different "Irish" but this seemed like a good opportunity to make the play on words)
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Since this is not a frequent match-up, any memories from past ones to share?

- of course, most of us know that the Travis Roy injury occured against UND. Jay Pandolfo had a hat rick (first of a gazillion for him that season), BU won 7-3 I think.
                  - A few years earlier, I recall that the Sioux had a hot shot freshman (NHL prospect), that BU did an effective job neutralizing/getting under his skin) in a home victory. What the heck was his name...
                  - The 2009 championship season started off with a convincing victory over the Sioux in the IceBreaker at Agganis.
                  - I think BU has had a handful of two-game trips out to Grand Forks, where they have either gotten swept or managed one tie. But I don't think they've had much success out there.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                    They sure love Gilles. Although I would argue about how stellar one needs to be against this Maine team.
                    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

There's an article out of North Dakota suggesting that there may be some issues with the team getting a flight out to North Dakota this weekend that could prompt a rescheduling of the series. Based on the weather being just fine here today and forecast to basically stay the same for the week, it wouldn't appear likely, and the article doesn't quote anyone, but does anyone with a connection in the hockey office have any information if this is even at all a possibility? Lots of us making the trek would be out a lot of money for nothing if that's the case.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/eve...roup/homepage/
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

"Both schools have already entered emergency preparations for the hurricane, which made landfall Monday and is expected to continue battering New England for the next few days."

As far as I know, that's simply not accurate. Isn't the hurricane basically over now?

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          There's an article out of North Dakota suggesting that there may be some issues with the team getting a flight out to North Dakota this weekend that could prompt a rescheduling of the series. Based on the weather being just fine here today and forecast to basically stay the same for the week, it wouldn't appear likely, and the article doesn't quote anyone, but does anyone with a connection in the hockey office have any information if this is even at all a possibility? Lots of us making the trek would be out a lot of money for nothing if that's the case.

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/eve...roup/homepage/
                          I'm not aware of any.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            "Both schools have already entered emergency preparations for the hurricane, which made landfall Monday and is expected to continue battering New England for the next few days."

As far as I know, that's simply not accurate. Isn't the hurricane basically over now?
                            Well, BU entered emergency preparations over the weekend, but they're open today and there's no weather issues at all for today, but as I said, even if this is a sliver of a possibility with the airline backlog going on, our group would have to start cancelling hotels and car rentals very soon.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

It all comes down to the airlines getting their sh#t together.
                              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Flights in both places are being canceled already.
                                This is a misleading statement, I think. Is the writer saying the teams' flights were cancelled or flights the day of the storm? Which, duh. That goes without saying. But this was in today's publication, so now I'm officially stressing out. I'm flying the same day as the team and I haven't received any notification that my flight is cancelled. I would imagine most airlines are trying to rebook those who were affected by the cancellations, not cancelling flights two or three days out. Of course, I could have just jinxed myself. I've contacted the hockey office for some info as I am planning a post game event for Friday. Man, this would be a major Opposite Girl moment.......

Comment

Working...
                                X