PDA

View Full Version : SCSU @ UNH: The Granite City Travels To The Granite State

Pages : [1] 2

SCSU Euro
10-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Neither of these teams is ranked, though they are 3rd and 4th highest on the "receiving votes" category that isn't ranked, so for those who want to look at it that way, this is #24 St. Cloud @ #23 New Hampshire.

Both of these teams were picked in the coaches' poll to finish 4th in their leagues, which I think is more telling than something USCHO put together that had a 10th place UW, and gutted UMD and CC squads ahead of SCSU.

Also, not sure if anyone has told either of these fan bases but UNH has never won a National Championship and SCSU has never even gotten to a Frozen Four.

Discuss....

GoUNH
10-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Neither of these teams is ranked, though they are 3rd and 4th highest on the "receiving votes" category that isn't ranked, so for those who want to look at it that way, this is #24 St. Cloud @ #23 New Hampshire.

Both of these teams were picked in the coaches' poll to finish 4th in their leagues, which I think is more telling than something USCHO put together that had a 10th place UW, and gutted UMD and CC squads ahead of SCSU.

Also, not sure if anyone has told either of these fan bases but UNH has never won a National Championship and SCSU has never even gotten to a Frozen Four.

Discuss....

SCSU is an OOC team that I have never seen play and I am looking forward to it. Any fans who want to watch this game should go to www.unhwildcats.com and for a small fee, it shall be yours.

OOOWEN
10-09-2012, 05:08 PM
SCSU EURO----Tiny and I are leaving tomorrow for Durham....Will we see you there?? Owen

The Exiled One
10-09-2012, 05:17 PM
I like the title of this thread better than the other one, though technically he beat you by 6 minutes.

Home ice and a preseason game work to the Wildcats' advantage. And, though the season hasn't started yet, the Huskies are already dealing with two freshmen injuries (Morley and Benik). They're not high caliber enough to validate an excuse, but I thought I'd just mention it.

On paper, I can't say that there's much reason to give the Huskies an advantage, but I think that Husky fans are going to be pretty optimistic anyway. Our leadership is mature, seasoned, and highly talented. As Motzko has stated, that's the type of scenario that ends up working out the best. (As opposed to the most talented kid being an underclassman or having less leadership ability.)

What UNH fans can expect to see is a lot of the top line, likely to include Hanowski, LeBlanc, and an unknown right-winger. The defensive corps is deep, but you're still likely to see a lot of the top three guys: Jensen, Prochno, and Gravel. I'm not sure who the fourth defenseman will be, but solid options include Rabey, Daly, or Johnson. They'll do a good job of getting the rush started and keeping the Wildcat fowards in front of them. The Wildcats may be able to get off a lot of shots, but most of them will be from the perimeter and Faragher will have a good look. If Faragher can play to his typical level, I don't think the Wildcats' will score more than three goals. Hopefully the Huskies can find a way to score four, but I guess we'll see!

johnnyredshoes
10-09-2012, 05:47 PM
I like the title of this thread better than the other one, though technically he beat you by 6 minutes.

Home ice and a preseason game work to the Wildcats' advantage. And, though the season hasn't started yet, the Huskies are already dealing with two freshmen injuries (Morley and Benik). They're not high caliber enough to validate an excuse, but I thought I'd just mention it.

On paper, I can't say that there's much reason to give the Huskies an advantage, but I think that Husky fans are going to be pretty optimistic anyway. Our leadership is mature, seasoned, and highly talented. As Motzko has stated, that's the type of scenario that ends up working out the best. (As opposed to the most talented kid being an underclassman or having less leadership ability.)

What UNH fans can expect to see is a lot of the top line, likely to include Hanowski, LeBlanc, and an unknown right-winger. The defensive corps is deep, but you're still likely to see a lot of the top three guys: Jensen, Prochno, and Gravel. I'm not sure who the fourth defenseman will be, but solid options include Rabey, Daly, or Johnson. They'll do a good job of getting the rush started and keeping the Wildcat fowards in front of them. The Wildcats may be able to get off a lot of shots, but most of them will be from the perimeter and Faragher will have a good look. If Faragher can play to his typical level, I don't think the Wildcats' will score more than three goals. Hopefully the Huskies can find a way to score four, but I guess we'll see!

Rabey skated quite a bit with Gravel last year (at least thats what I remember) and that seemed to be a pretty good pairing. Right up until the time we were down to 9 forwards and he had to switch positions.

SCSU Euro
10-09-2012, 06:29 PM
SCSU EURO----Tiny and I are leaving tomorrow for Durham....Will we see you there?? Owen

Negative, its high school football season and the job wont allow it. MAY get to see them Saturday when they host _untsville, but likely the first time I will see SCSU live will be in Denver with the usual crowd

SCSU Beat Anyone
10-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Friday game will be on Fox College Sports Pacific.

SCSU Beat Anyone
10-09-2012, 09:31 PM
SCSU is an OOC team that I have never seen play and I am looking forward to it. Any fans who want to watch this game should go to www.unhwildcats.com and for a small fee, it shall be yours.

What's the stream like?

New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
10-09-2012, 10:33 PM
What's the stream like?

Well, you can judge for yourself when you watch the game on FCS (Pacific), as that channel will likely stream http://unhwildcats.tv coverage. If you like that, then it may interest you in purchasing the Saturday game online.

johnnyredshoes
10-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Will Friday's game be available for stream yet? I don't have that cable channel and was hoping to see the season opener.

New Hampshire 'Cats Fan
10-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Will Friday's game be available for stream yet? I don't have that cable channel and was hoping to see the season opener.

All UNH home games are available to watch online via http://unhwildcats.tv (including this Friday). As a heads up, the games become available for viewing approximately 5-15 minutes prior to the event start time.

Dude Love
10-10-2012, 01:48 AM
This is a heck of a series. UNH is almost as big of a colossal failure as we are!

Lady wore Black
10-10-2012, 11:21 AM
So this is going to be the battle of the dumpster fires. Awesome. :cool:

vizoroo
10-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Glad to hear this game will be on FCS Pacific. Preview of opponents: DU plays UNH in Nov or Dec and the "Cloudies" always give us a hard time.

First Time, Long Time
10-10-2012, 07:28 PM
SCSU Media Release

http://scsuhuskies.com/documents/2012/10/9/MHOCRelease109.pdf?id=91

Lady wore Black
10-10-2012, 08:54 PM
SCSU Media Release

http://scsuhuskies.com/documents/2012/10/9/MHOCRelease109.pdf?id=91

Thanks for posting that. Now I am going to have nightmares on how bad that guide was laid out. What an abuse to Futura!? :mad:

d.gerry
10-11-2012, 04:57 PM
This is a heck of a series. UNH is almost as big of a colossal failure as we are!

Such a comedian!

First Time, Long Time
10-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks for posting that. Now I am going to have nightmares on how bad that guide was laid out. What an abuse to Futura!? :mad:

I care about the information, not the layout.
Graphic Geek. :)

Dude Love
10-12-2012, 04:01 AM
I think tomorrow I'm gonna make fajitas and listen to the game while drinking a couple beers.

Lady wore Black
10-12-2012, 08:26 AM
I care about the information, not the layout.
Graphic Geek. :)

That is what I am trained to do. :)

Also, when reading the document, I loved the stat of scores, in particular "no one scores". :rolleyes: