PC Hockey - On the road back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Hockey - On the road back

Season is about to start so I think its time for a new thread as we continue to climb the Hockey East ladder all the way to Pittsburg

Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Well, go Friars. Saw the TV commercial for tickets over the weekend. Some good old memories in the video. Hoping for some new highlights!

Comment

Just days away! Is anyone coming up to Boston for the Saturday night tilt?

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
        I am. Where do you park at BU/What is there to do before the game?
        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
          You can park on any of the streets/side streets on meters and they stop collecting at 6 so that is free if you can find one. Otherwise, Agganis has a garage but it will be a game rate to park there. I've never parked there but I know it isn't that cheap. For food before hit up T's Bar(it will be packed) T's pizza, Uburger, or Sunset cantina. All are on Comm ave within a few blocks of Agganis.
          GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
            Will you be there? My goal on Saturday is to hopefully meet my faux relatives. Anyone here know if any of the parents travel?

Comment

Can't remember looking this forward to a season starting - really looking forward to Friday. Have already starting to think who we may see play this weekend, possible line combinations...

Think the blueline is pretty set (with Parisi out for a while with an injury) - Harvey, Velischeck, Hart, Shamanski, Adams and most likely the freshman Gilmour.

Goalie - Gillies

Up front wondering if we'll see Jankowski at Center or Wing. If center, we could see Jankowski, Schaller, Demopoulos and maybe Army or Acciari?? On the wings, LW - Maurmann, Murphy, seem set with Luke, Saracino, Brown, Tanev fighting for the open spots. For RW, see Cross and DeJersey and then a center (Army, Acciari, C. Rooney) getting a spots.

Just some early thinking - I'm sure coach Leaman has is own ideas....

Comment

The 7 home games that are not on Cox this season will have live video streaming online at www.friars.com. This is great news for those of you who can't make it to the rink.

Comment

Anyone got extras for the BU-PC game on Saturday night? Don't want to pay face value for those!
                  Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                    Hang out at T's Pub and buy our BU friends a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      Anyone got extras for the BU-PC game on Saturday night? Don't want to pay face value for those!
                      you shouldnt have trouble finding a scalper outside selling one well below face.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I thought T's closed or is now under another name? Anyone going Friday night? I might be there. Can't make Saturday son has a game at Babson

Comment

Originally posted by SecE View Post
                          I thought T's closed or is now under another name? Anyone going Friday night? I might be there. Can't make Saturday son has a game at Babson
                          closed, reopened as 973 commonwealth, they realized that was dumb, reopened again as t's.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                            Think the blueline is pretty set (with Parisi out for a while with an injury) - Harvey, Velischeck, Hart, Shamanski, Adams and most likely the freshman Gilmour.

Goalie - Gillies

Up front wondering if we'll see Jankowski at Center or Wing. If center, we could see Jankowski, Schaller, Demopoulos and maybe Army or Acciari?? On the wings, LW - Maurmann, Murphy, seem set with Luke, Saracino, Brown, Tanev fighting for the open spots. For RW, see Cross and DeJersey and then a center (Army, Acciari, C. Rooney) getting a spots.
                            I think you have D right. Beside Parisi I believe Abrahamson is not 100%
                            I would guess Gillies too though if there was any game on the schedule I'd give one one of the backups playing time it would be against Sacred Heart. However there is no way you want Gillies starting his first college game as a debut at BU.
                            Up front from what I heard Saracino is banged up enough so I'd venture he is out of the lineup. Healthiest players would be Janko, Schaller, Mauerman (he was the 2nd line c last year not Demo), Army, Brown, Rooney, Murphy, Cross, Acciari, Luke and Tanev.....then you have those slowed earlier in training like Dejersey vs those who got banged up this week and depending on how resilient they are may be kept out of the lineup....especially if the extra day has them ready for BU
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Will you be there? My goal on Saturday is to hopefully meet my faux relatives. Anyone here know if any of the parents travel?
                              Yes they do and hopefully I will.

The only thing that would keep me away is Peter Gabriel at Mohegan Sun. I saw him in Boston a few weeks ago and he was great! I hope to see you and some of your hooligan BU fan counterparts if I make it over on Saturday night!

Comment

Working...
                              X