X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey articles in projo

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    I sure do.

I also want to add again that I'm very proud of Derek Army for staying and I've enjoyed watching this young man mature as a player and adjust his style of hockey. He has become a smarter player while still showing grit on the ice.

This will be a good weekend as Maine is always dangerous if you sleep on them.
    ahem, we prefer to be on top.
    sure why not

Comment

Here's a fun fact: the PC pep band is no longer allowed to play the "Hey" song...
      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Go Friars!
        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Has anyone here purchased either the Cox Online Package or the Friars All Access package? Can you tell me what the secret is to enjoy these services?

I am extremely frustrated again with the Friars web offerings. Two weeks ago I purchased the All Access Package and settled in to watch the live stream and Mike Logan call of the game against Sacred Heart. I had no video for most of the second and part of the third period. Tonight I decided to try the Cox Sports Online deal. I signed up paid my money and then spent 20 minutes in a loop asking me to login and when I logged in it brought me to a page asking me what package I wanted to purchase. That was 30 minutes ago. I have now missed the first period and my guess is we are into the second.

Now I am a tech savvy guy. Heck I owned a tech company for years. These products, for me, leave much to be desired and I will not purchase again.

After 30 years of season ticket ownership, having moved away from Rhode Island, and having the team be worth watching again I thought it would be fun to watch online. The hell with that these services are terrible in my humble opinion.

Comment

And despite my well earned pessimism
            , PC wins 3-2.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
            -Blackadder
            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
            -Casablanca
            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
              Has anyone here purchased either the Cox Online Package or the Friars All Access package? Can you tell me what the secret is to enjoy these services?

I am extremely frustrated again with the Friars web offerings. Two weeks ago I purchased the All Access Package and settled in to watch the live stream and Mike Logan call of the game against Sacred Heart. I had no video for most of the second and part of the third period. Tonight I decided to try the Cox Sports Online deal. I signed up paid my money and then spent 20 minutes in a loop asking me to login and when I logged in it brought me to a page asking me what package I wanted to purchase. That was 30 minutes ago. I have now missed the first period and my guess is we are into the second.

Now I am a tech savvy guy. Heck I owned a tech company for years. These products, for me, leave much to be desired and I will not purchase again.

After 30 years of season ticket ownership, having moved away from Rhode Island, and having the team be worth watching again I thought it would be fun to watch online. The hell with that these services are terrible in my humble opinion.
              I had the same issues watching it online - it came on for me during the second intermission, so I got to see the third period. Maybe it was just opening night difficulties for Cox, hoping to see the whole game tomorrow...

BTW, the feed on friars.com is usually quite good, sometimes when video is involved it gets a shaky - but again for most part its pretty dependable.

Comment

Schaller needs to be better for this team to be successful. He isn't playing like a top center in HE right now....

PC's defense isn't playing well in their own zone as they seem to be shorthanded every time the other teams gets the puck deep in the zone.
                Last edited by The Zlax45; 10-26-2012, 10:49 PM.
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  Schaller needs to be better for this team to be successful. He isn't playing like a top center in HE right now....

PC's defense isn't playing well in their own zone as they seem to be shorthanded every time the other teams gets the puck deep in the zone.
                  I'll begin on your two comments

Schaller does have to produce more....let's sau if you figured he played a full season last year instead of missing 1/3 of it...he would have produced 20 goals....definitely through 5 games we are not getting that production...on the other hand I really think part of the issue is that the cohesion/chemistry.....last night he switched Luke for Army. I think though part of the difference is the experience Bergland gave them and his willingness to set Schaller up (also remember several of Schaller's goals w ere SH and those are a bit of luck). Anyway at the moment I think this line is ging to revolve around Jankowski's and he clearly needs time to get use to the college game

Now for the defense. The big positive for this group is experience and to some extent it is nullified by the fact that both Adams and Velischek lost a season. None of them would really be considered true number 1 or 2 on most teams. I've noticed Harvey/Hart, who most likely are being called the 1 and 2.....they have been on the ice when a good number of the goals have been scored. I think though you are asking guys Lbeit experienced to do a role they really are not of the same level. In other words the other teams best simply is better and it just naturally flows down. What we hopefully get as last year as the year goes on and the new guys get accustomed to their roles as a team they get better...individually I just don't think the talent level is there yet.

I will say except for one bad turnover Gilmour already looks like an upgrade from Danny New
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Watching Yale/Princeton @ Brown before heading over to watch the Friars.

Nobody but friends and family here. Sad cause Brown/Dartmouth face off next. Two good games infront of so few fans.

Comment

Maine looks pathetic.
                      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Nice to see a PC sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                          Maine looks pathetic.
                          You can say that again. Nice sweep guys.
                          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Watching North Dakota/Alaska on Direct and the speed of the game is so much faster than the PC game.....to go somewhere PC will have to do a lot of improving.....good to see a sweep it will add to the confidence.....remember we only beat Maine, not BC or BU

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                              Here's a fun fact: the PC pep band is no longer allowed to play the "Hey" song...
                              Why?
                              Lowell Forever
                              Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                                Why?
                                Not sure. One of them told me they could no longer play it.

Comment

Working...
                                X