PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

chrisP
10-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Has anyone here purchased either the Cox Online Package or the Friars All Access package? Can you tell me what the secret is to enjoy these services?

I am extremely frustrated again with the Friars web offerings. Two weeks ago I purchased the All Access Package and settled in to watch the live stream and Mike Logan call of the game against Sacred Heart. I had no video for most of the second and part of the third period. Tonight I decided to try the Cox Sports Online deal. I signed up paid my money and then spent 20 minutes in a loop asking me to login and when I logged in it brought me to a page asking me what package I wanted to purchase. That was 30 minutes ago. I have now missed the first period and my guess is we are into the second.

Now I am a tech savvy guy. Heck I owned a tech company for years. These products, for me, leave much to be desired and I will not purchase again.

After 30 years of season ticket ownership, having moved away from Rhode Island, and having the team be worth watching again I thought it would be fun to watch online. The hell with that these services are terrible in my humble opinion.

I had the same issues watching it online - it came on for me during the second intermission, so I got to see the third period. Maybe it was just opening night difficulties for Cox, hoping to see the whole game tomorrow...

BTW, the feed on friars.com is usually quite good, sometimes when video is involved it gets a shaky - but again for most part its pretty dependable.

The Zlax45
10-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Schaller needs to be better for this team to be successful. He isn't playing like a top center in HE right now....

PC's defense isn't playing well in their own zone as they seem to be shorthanded every time the other teams gets the puck deep in the zone.

cavbim
10-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Schaller needs to be better for this team to be successful. He isn't playing like a top center in HE right now....

PC's defense isn't playing well in their own zone as they seem to be shorthanded every time the other teams gets the puck deep in the zone.

I'll begin on your two comments

Schaller does have to produce more....let's sau if you figured he played a full season last year instead of missing 1/3 of it...he would have produced 20 goals....definitely through 5 games we are not getting that production...on the other hand I really think part of the issue is that the cohesion/chemistry.....last night he switched Luke for Army. I think though part of the difference is the experience Bergland gave them and his willingness to set Schaller up (also remember several of Schaller's goals w ere SH and those are a bit of luck). Anyway at the moment I think this line is ging to revolve around Jankowski's and he clearly needs time to get use to the college game

Now for the defense. The big positive for this group is experience and to some extent it is nullified by the fact that both Adams and Velischek lost a season. None of them would really be considered true number 1 or 2 on most teams. I've noticed Harvey/Hart, who most likely are being called the 1 and 2.....they have been on the ice when a good number of the goals have been scored. I think though you are asking guys Lbeit experienced to do a role they really are not of the same level. In other words the other teams best simply is better and it just naturally flows down. What we hopefully get as last year as the year goes on and the new guys get accustomed to their roles as a team they get better...individually I just don't think the talent level is there yet.

I will say except for one bad turnover Gilmour already looks like an upgrade from Danny New

PC91
10-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Watching Yale/Princeton @ Brown before heading over to watch the Friars.

Nobody but friends and family here. Sad cause Brown/Dartmouth face off next. Two good games infront of so few fans. :(

PcFriars13
10-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Maine looks pathetic.

The Freds
10-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Nice to see a PC sweep.

BU2K
10-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Maine looks pathetic.

You can say that again. Nice sweep guys.

satyking
10-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Watching North Dakota/Alaska on Direct and the speed of the game is so much faster than the PC game.....to go somewhere PC will have to do a lot of improving.....good to see a sweep it will add to the confidence.....remember we only beat Maine, not BC or BU

Patronick
10-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Here's a fun fact: the PC pep band is no longer allowed to play the "Hey" song...

Why?

PcFriars13
10-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Why?

Not sure. One of them told me they could no longer play it.

Jon
10-30-2012, 06:32 AM
I'd like to think it's because everyone else in HE does "Rock and Roll Part Two" but it's probably the students chanting "you suck".

PC91
10-30-2012, 08:29 AM
Our "pep" band is almost always a no-show. It would be better if they didn't bother with the pep band and bring in local high schools to serve as the pep band like they used to when the band was off sucking up to the hoop team.

The high school kids were worlds better anyway and actually seemed as though they wanted to be there. Our pep band is unnecessary. Let them stay down at the Dunk.

Runsub5
10-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Our "pep" band is almost always a no-show. It would be better if they didn't bother with the pep band and bring in local high schools to serve as the pep band like they used to when the band was off sucking up to the hoop team.

The high school kids were worlds better anyway and actually seemed as though they wanted to be there. Our pep band is unnecessary. Let them stay down at the Dunk.

The Pep Band was there for Friday's game. Where were they Saturday ? They sounded pretty good on radio.

PC91
10-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Exactly my point. They played on Friday and then a no-show on Saturday. They weren't playing for the hoop game because the basketball team played an exhibition game at Alumni at 2pm earlier on Saturday.
They're students so I don't want to slag them but calling them a pep band is an oxymoron. Most times over the past several years they come off as being anything but peppy. Like they are being forced to be there.

PcFriars13
10-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Exactly my point. They played on Friday and then a no-show on Saturday. They weren't playing for the hoop game because the basketball team played an exhibition game at Alumni at 2pm earlier on Saturday.
They're students so I don't want to slag them but calling them a pep band is an oxymoron. Most times over the past several years they come off as being anything but peppy. Like they are being forced to be there.

I don't think I could have said it better myself. I feel bad about saying this, as I have a few friends in pep band, and I know they mean well...

they are freaking terrible.

a) when there's music or an announcer over the PA system, that means it's their turn to be loud and your turn to be quiet.
b) Lady Gaga is not appropriate hockey game music.
c) Hockey games and basketball games do not require the same musical traditions. Hockey, for instance, has a rather well-crafted entrance mix. They don't need to have the drawn out version of When the Saints Go Marching In. (WHY is that our fight song, btw? We're the Friars, not the saints.)
d) When the game is playing, keep your hands/mouth off of your instrument. For the love of God, please. The absolute worst example I can think of this was during the Merrimack game last year when the guy on the keyboard decided to start playing "We Found Love" by Rihanna during overtime. Just like...by his or herself. (I can't remember if it was a boy or a girl.) Like um...this is overtime against the #1 team in the country. PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME. The bass players do the same thing now during the game and it's absolutely infuriating.
e) I get excited when I see that the pep band isn't there. And that's terrible. The pep bands at other schools (Maine and BU immediately come to mind) are actually competent, decent bands. Ours just thinks that they're at an extremely cold basketball game and makes zero effort to actually adapt their music to what's actually happening at the game.

Runsub5
10-30-2012, 11:12 AM
I thought I heard them play the Law and Order theme after a Maine penalty, that was sort of cute. I don't know enough about them to comment beyond that. I sort of agree about the Lady Gaga music.

SecE
10-30-2012, 11:13 AM

What side of Corn Neck road are you on?

PC91
10-30-2012, 12:04 PM
in between the two parts that were underwater. Right across from the town beach. I'm shocked that our driveway was not washed away. We were fortunate but there is a slew of damage to contend with out here.

SecE
10-31-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm glad you are okay. The photo's of the road were amazing.

Jon
10-31-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't think I could have said it better myself. I feel bad about saying this, as I have a few friends in pep band, and I know they mean well...

they are freaking terrible.

a) when there's music or an announcer over the PA system, that means it's their turn to be loud and your turn to be quiet.
b) Lady Gaga is not appropriate hockey game music.
c) Hockey games and basketball games do not require the same musical traditions. Hockey, for instance, has a rather well-crafted entrance mix. They don't need to have the drawn out version of When the Saints Go Marching In. (WHY is that our fight song, btw? We're the Friars, not the saints.)
d) When the game is playing, keep your hands/mouth off of your instrument. For the love of God, please. The absolute worst example I can think of this was during the Merrimack game last year when the guy on the keyboard decided to start playing "We Found Love" by Rihanna during overtime. Just like...by his or herself. (I can't remember if it was a boy or a girl.) Like um...this is overtime against the #1 team in the country. PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME. The bass players do the same thing now during the game and it's absolutely infuriating.
e) I get excited when I see that the pep band isn't there. And that's terrible. The pep bands at other schools (Maine and BU immediately come to mind) are actually competent, decent bands. Ours just thinks that they're at an extremely cold basketball game and makes zero effort to actually adapt their music to what's actually happening at the game.

Please stop having my wife write your posts. I have to agree with you on points a, b, c, d. As far as e goes, it's tough to compete against Maine and BU in that department. We have a fight song, but it's been AWOL since 1997. Ugh.