Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    I'll take the tie on the road. Now let's see if the Friars can't earn a nice early season road win tonight!

The games this weekend and next are a good test in their young season. Go Friars!
    Games next weekend are MUST wins with the way Maine was CRUSHED this weekend by St. Lawrence in Orono
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Games next weekend are MUST wins with the way Maine was CRUSHED this weekend by St. Lawrence in Orono
      I agree. Maine is not what we'd all expect this season. Granted they are bound to improve as the season progresses but the Friars need to sweep if they want to make some noise in HE this season.

Comment

A tie and a OT loss to the #4 team on the road this weekend. We need to rebound next weekend and score some W's.
        Providence College
        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

We can start the "Fire Timmay" thread in Maine with a sweep

Originally posted by Netman View Post
          A tie and a OT loss to the #4 team on the road this weekend. We need to rebound next weekend and score some W's.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
            We can start the "Fire Timmay" thread in Maine with a sweep
            Nah. That's what the season thread is for these days. Maine is godawful this year. I need to make it back down to Schneider to see some actual good hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
              Nah. That's what the season thread is for these days. Maine is godawful this year. I need to make it back down to Schneider to see some actual good hockey.
              WOW!!! Going to Schnieder to see good hockey. Havent heard anything like that in years. But it's great to hear. Hoping th buys have agreat season this year.

Comment

Hockey articles in projo

Couple of projo stories about hockey team; one focuses on Acciari, the other on USCHO poll...BTW, Miami is now no. 3...

Acciari makes an impact in PC debut

Despite winless weekend, PC skaters get more votes in national poll

Comment

Re: Hockey articles in projo

Having seen Maine several times and PC once, I'd be shocked if PC didn't sweep, especially with games at home. Superior coaching, superior goaltending, better blue line corps, both have a few talented forwards, but PC has better depth.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                    Having seen Maine several times and PC once, I'd be shocked if PC didn't sweep, especially with games at home. Superior coaching, superior goaltending, better blue line corps, both have a few talented forwards, but PC has better depth.
                    I'd be disappointed if the Friars don't sweep this weekend. I have a great deal of respect for the Maine hockey program and it seems as though they are in for an un-Blackbear like season. I've read a number of posts from their fans and unfortunately a number of the fans feel that the team will be lucky to win over 10 games.
                    Maine traditionally gets stronger as the season progresses so I'm sure that the team we see this weekend will be better for the game in Orono but PC should have a successful weekend if they put forth the proper effort.

Comment

Maine will be lucky to win 10 games this season. Providence will have no problem with this sweep.
                      sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                        Maine will be lucky to win 10 games this season. Providence will have no problem with this sweep.
                        Why is it every time Maine fans tell us this, PC ends up getting swept?
                        Where are Fred's rose colored glasses when I need them?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                        -Blackadder
                        "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                        -Casablanca
                        "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                        -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Jon I think 91 has them

Originally posted by Jon View Post

Comment

fftttt...maine hasnt swept pc in centuries, your memory is obviously friared. This ME team is really weak, no d, no goalie and no scoring. Its all freshman and a lot of no's.
                            sure why not

Comment

Nah, PC always plays Maine tough at home. I remember the year Maine came in with Paul Kariya and Jom Montgomery and PC swept two ending Maine's national title hopes.

Anything is possible Jon.

Comment

I sure do.

I also want to add again that I'm very proud of Derek Army for staying and I've enjoyed watching this young man mature as a player and adjust his style of hockey. He has become a smarter player while still showing grit on the ice.

This will be a good weekend as Maine is always dangerous if you sleep on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X