• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Oh, just pinch me.

Comment

Well worth the $10 live stream tonight. So we can be 1-5 place after tomorrow? yikes...

Comment

Yes, four way tie would go to PC.

Three way tie between BC, PC and UML would go to BC.

Comment

Sweet victory! Ok The moment is over. We have a game to play. Go hard and it is 1st place!!!
          Providence College
          National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
            Sweet victory! Ok The moment is over. We have a game to play. Go hard and it is 1st place!!!
            In 40 years of watching the Friars play I can't think of a bigger game at Schneider. Only 2 I can think of that are close are the double ot BU game in game 3 in '01 and the NCAA play in game vs BU in'78

I believe in all time PC has only twice been #1 seed.....in '64 and in '83.

In a kind of note of irony 2 members of the '83 team will be part of the pre game ceremony, Both now have sons who have a chance to repeat the same feat.

As a side note I saw a stat Myles Harvey blocked 5 shots and it should be noted he was a key player in the 5-3 pk with Shamanski in the box cutting who could be on D----Goss just could not have been thrown in that situation

I don't think you can say we play 10 freshman any more.....the majority are seasoned now. Speaking of freshman I think it is clear in the end Gillies is the ROY, but win tonight and he is player of the year......never thought Jim Madigan had such a soft spot for us.
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Great job by the Friars last night.

It's almost too simple... win tonight and we get one of those banners like they have in Durham!!! Not to mention a bubble team for the NCAAs.

Lose and you are most likely a road playoff team. Can any of you think of a bigger game played at Schneider in the last decade to 15 years? BU/PC overtime is the last that I can come up with.

Root hard for me Section E'ers et al as I can't make it. I have to be at a high school hoop game (rescheduled from last night) as the AD for my school. FML!!!

Comment

I guess I got my answer!

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  I guess I got my answer!
                  Mingoia a hat trick last night for tri city
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I went to the game last night, and I'll tell you: PC will be a tough out. They WILL be one of the four teams at The Garden and they have a very good chance of walking away with the trophy at the end of it. Goalie is Ken Dryden-like AND a Freshman. This could herald a mini sea-change in Hockey East.
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                      NESN picked the wrong game
                      Nope...average viewer won't know what's on the line tomorrow, UNH would still get the higher ratings. A few more years of UML and PC doing this and it'll gradually change. But, all about the $$, donchakno
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                        Nope...average viewer won't know what's on the line tomorrow, UNH would still get the higher ratings. A few more years of UML and PC doing this and it'll gradually change. But, all about the $$, donchakno
                        Everyone I talk to thinks PC plays at the Dunkin Donuts Center and gets them confused with the P-Bruins
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          Everyone I talk to thinks PC plays at the Dunkin Donuts Center and gets them confused with the P-Bruins
                          Everyone up in Lowell thinks the same thing.

Comment

Hopefully in a couple of weeks they will!
                            Providence College
                            National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Great game by your boys last night, well deserved win.

Tonight should be fun, looking forward to my first visit to Schneider in a long, long time!

Hoping not to see a tie, would be nice to see one of our schools win the title.
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                                Great game by your boys last night, well deserved win.

Tonight should be fun, looking forward to my first visit to Schneider in a long, long time!

Hoping not to see a tie, would be nice to see one of our schools win the title.
                                Same here...keep it out of the Big 4's grasp
                                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Working...
                                X