PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47

PcFriars13
03-17-2013, 09:05 PM
I really have to complement the students. They really began to pick it up and be loud. The Music guy gave them a chance to cheer.

Thanks!! See you in Boston!

The Freds
03-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Back home after a wonderful weekend in my home state. It was a lot of fun to finally see the Friars play in person this season, and I think the first time in three years. What a difference a few years make. I know some of you were grumbling about yesterday's loss and some close games this season. Heck, I think we should be nothing but excited about this program. My compliments, once again, to Nate Leaman and his staff. I heard some interesting facts about how he runs this program, the attention to detail, what the players are thinking and how they have responded. Right now there is only an upside in my view. I was able to watch Nate work at Union during the years I lived in New York's Capital District and was impressed then. He has been more successful, more quickly in Providence. I liked the hustle and speed of this team, the resilience after losses the past few weeks and the fact there were able to get it done this weekend.

As I look to next weekend, anyone can take the title and so I plan to make the trip to Boston and hope to see some old friends while there. Go PC!

The Zlax45
03-17-2013, 11:00 PM
Back home after a wonderful weekend in my home state. It was a lot of fun to finally see the Friars play in person this season, and I think the first time in three years. What a difference a few years make. I know some of you were grumbling about yesterday's loss and some close games this season. Heck, I think we should be nothing but excited about this program. My compliments, once again, to Nate Leaman and his staff. I heard some interesting facts about how he runs this program, the attention to detail, what the players are thinking and how they have responded. Right now there is only an upside in my view. I was able to watch Nate work at Union during the years I lived in New York's Capital District and was impressed then. He has been more successful, more quickly in Providence. I liked the hustle and speed of this team, the resilience after losses the past few weeks and the fact there were able to get it done this weekend.

As I look to next weekend, anyone can take the title and so I plan to make the trip to Boston and hope to see some old friends while there. Go PC!

What did you hear?

The Zlax45
03-18-2013, 12:02 AM
In case you want to look ahead to next year,

According to Mark Divver, Miami (OH) will be PC's home opener in 2013-2014 season...Not a bad series at all to start out.

zoofer
03-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Sorry Mookie but no relation I know of...Clark would be about 5-8 years older than Bruce so maybe distant relative.

zoofer
03-18-2013, 08:48 AM
UNH played the Friars hard so in accepting their loss I tend to agree with Czeck in that its nice to see the league as competitive as it is and seeing more then the usual suspects at the top...at the women's senior day just past, I ran into an old-time Providi fave...Kurt Kleinendorst's daughter was finishing her career as a Wildcat! It was great getting to say hi and talk about the old days in Schneider....for me that family IS Providence hockey!

The Zlax45
03-18-2013, 10:51 AM
The hockey guy was on PC's bench during the second and third periods of the game yesterday!

steven22
03-18-2013, 11:31 AM
The hockey guy was on PC's bench during the second and third periods of the game yesterday!

That was Chris Rooney behind the bench in the silver suit. The hockey guy was in the press box.

The Zlax45
03-18-2013, 12:07 PM
That was Chris Rooney behind the bench in the silver suit. The hockey guy was in the press box.

Who was at the end of the PC bench in a suit where the backup goalie stands and where PC comes out? Pretty sure it was the AD

steven22
03-18-2013, 12:12 PM
Who was at the end of the PC bench in a suit where the backup goalie stands and where PC comes out? Pretty sure it was the AD

I never heard of an AD being on the bench during a game, but who knows it might have been him. Rooney was exactly in the middle behind the bench.

The Zlax45
03-18-2013, 12:45 PM
I never heard of an AD being on the bench during a game, but who knows it might have been him. Rooney was exactly in the middle behind the bench.

Same here...that was why I brought it up

steven22
03-18-2013, 02:18 PM
Same here...that was why I brought it up

It could of been him. I sit across from the bench and would of found it strange seeing him on the bench.

cavbim
03-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Another perfect day for hockey in the capital!

Sometime in February they were talking that the basketball teams of PC, URI, Brown and Bryant all won on the same day for the first time and even getting the older 3 to win on the same weekend has been rare.

I believe it is only the 3rd time both teams have advanced to the semi's in the same year--1978 (both ECAC), 2003, and now 2013. Now that is a rare feat.

The Freds
03-18-2013, 04:56 PM
PC has moved into a five way tie for 16th place in the Pairwise and is ranked 16th in the USCHO poll this week. Given the autobids, it's likely not good enough to sneak into the NCAAs but I have seen stranger things. A couple of years ago when I lived in NY I watched RPI sneak into the tourney when about 12 things that had to happen happened. We'll see. But of course, they don't have to worry if they win their next two games. It sure is fun to watch your team play in March.

BrocktonNU
03-18-2013, 11:55 PM
What a great series that was vs UNH. I'm glad I took the trip down to Schneider for game 1 of the series (Schneider is actually the closest arena to me only about 35 mins away). Much better atmosphere there for that game than when I saw NU play there (in fairness NU was in last place). The goal to win the 1st game in the third was pretty dramatic considering UNH tied it up being down 2-0 and had PC under siege in their own end before Saracino was able to wrist it past DeSmith. Lively crowd but still lot's of empty seats which is actually my question, is there empty seats because lack of interest or does the renovation prevent PC from selling every seat in the arena. Thanks, and good luck at the Garden. Always got a soft spot for the Friars, my first ever college hockey game was the 1995 Hockey East Finals vs Maine when I was 8.

uncle_cliff
03-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Any PC fans headed to Boston on Friday afternoon and interested in a pre-game meetup at a local drinking establishment?

SkatingFriar
03-19-2013, 01:33 PM
There is a pre-game meet up for PC at Hurricane O'Reilly's from 2:30-5:00pm - free appetizers and cash bar.

uncle_cliff
03-19-2013, 02:07 PM
There is a pre-game meet up for PC at Hurricane O'Reilly's from 2:30-5:00pm - free appetizers and cash bar.

Sounds good, hope to see you there. Thanks for the info.

PcFriars13
03-19-2013, 06:12 PM
So they sold out of student tickets before I could get one............

now what?

Go-UML
03-19-2013, 06:30 PM
So they sold out of student tickets before I could get one............

now what?Get one at the Garden Box Office day of the game. Lowell personnel said that a student ID would get you a discount at the box office, can't see why wouldn't be the same for PC.