PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47

HockeyMan2000
03-16-2013, 07:08 PM
This PC team hasn't shown up at home in weeks now...

PC was all over UNH in the 3rd. That shot that hit the crossbar was one of several good opportunities they had. If they can come out and play for 60 minutes the way they did over the second half of today's game, I think they've got a good shot. Anything less than that, though, and it's a whole other matter.

cavbim
03-16-2013, 07:08 PM
This PC team hasn't shown up at home in weeks now...so what will happen on Sunday? I would feel more confident if this game on Sunday was on the road...

If Mount finishes off LaSalle maybe Meehan will be available.

HockeyMan2000
03-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Yes it was '90....Ricky Bennett's last game. We won the first game convincingly, got shutout the 2nd night and then fell apart to lose 7-4 as you say the game got away. Except for the old UNH women part I was thinking the same thing as the 3rd goal went in.

So was I. That was a rough one to give up at that point in time too.

cavbim
03-16-2013, 07:21 PM
PC was all over UNH in the 3rd. That shot that hit the crossbar was one of several good opportunities they had. If they can come out and play for 60 minutes the way they did over the second half of today's game, I think they've got a good shot. Anything less than that, though, and it's a whole other matter.

I think we got to hit a bit more and slow UNH down a bit, also hope Gillies bounces back....maybe, giving what in the other thread you decribed as his worst goal of the year (and I agree), he'll be extra motivated to carry the team.

cavbim
03-16-2013, 07:23 PM
(
I wasn't there, but I've heard the stories. Groundhogs Day?

Dejas vous all over again:(

HockeyMan2000
03-16-2013, 09:42 PM
I think we got to hit a bit more and slow UNH down a bit, also hope Gillies bounces back....maybe, giving what in the other thread you decribed as his worst goal of the year (and I agree), he'll be extra motivated to carry the team.

I obviously haven't seen as many games as you cav but I would imagine given his rep and what I've seen of him, that was a really atypical goal. And it was definitely a bad one in a bad spot to give up.

Totally agree -- his performance tomorrow is another huge factor.

F O F room fan
03-16-2013, 10:00 PM
The lineup tonight was puzzling to me. Can someone give me some insight as to why all the changes?

steven22
03-16-2013, 10:04 PM
The lineup tonight was puzzling to me. Can someone give me some insight as to why all the changes?

Would be interesting to know why....I thought the Rooney line played pretty well Friday night. I guess not.

The Zlax45
03-16-2013, 10:16 PM
Would be interesting to know why....I thought the Rooney line played pretty well Friday night. I guess not.

Leaman tends to rotate that fourth line on back to back games to tire out the other team with fresh legs...Demopoulos being scratched was a huge shock as Harvey deserved to be benched over him

Hokydad
03-17-2013, 07:07 AM
PC wins today. Cant compare John McNamara teams to Terry Francona teams. This team is the most resilient team in many years. Great ability to lose and bounce back. Did so two weeks ago vs bc, did so vs unh a while back. Have done so several times this season. Would have been easy to write off in 2nd half of this year with that brutal stretch but look what they did. Better team lost both Friday and Saturday night. Best team wins today, PC

They would be in NCAA right now if Gilles didnt go to WJC.....

cavbim
03-17-2013, 08:55 AM
Leaman tends to rotate that fourth line on back to back games to tire out the other team with fresh legs...Demopoulos being scratched was a huge shock as Harvey deserved to be benched over him

The Rooney thing is as you describe. In Divver's pre game tweets he first noted line up changes, then said Demopoulous is out day to day, then corrected and said all healthy scratches. Obviously don't have his information but I wonder if Demo is not 100% and he wanted to protect if possible for later use.

If Adams was healthy I would imagine he would have switched him and Harvey, but at this point he is not doing that switch with Goss

BUObserver
03-17-2013, 10:26 AM
A rather lackluster performance yesterday. A few brief spurts but IMO didn't seem interested in wanting this game at all. I would love to see the come out and beat on uhn like they did against bc a few weeks ago. The 3rd goal was soft but Gillies gets a pass with how he has played this year. He probably won't have another one like that in his career. The timing wasn't great but what can you do

I am looking forward to today and hope the Friars come out on top

The Zlax45
03-17-2013, 10:41 AM
The Rooney thing is as you describe. In Divver's pre game tweets he first noted line up changes, then said Demopoulous is out day to day, then corrected and said all healthy scratches. Obviously don't have his information but I wonder if Demo is not 100% and he wanted to protect if possible for later use.

If Adams was healthy I would imagine he would have switched him and Harvey, but at this point he is not doing that switch with Goss

See I rather have Goss out there as he never really screwed up to the levels of Harvey has...

Didn't Adams get injured real early in the year? Can he get a redshirt?

steven22
03-17-2013, 11:00 AM
See I rather have Goss out there as he never really screwed up to the levels of Harvey has...

I agree with you on Goss. The worst part of Harvey's game is that he screws up when he is not being pressured.

I believe Adams was hurt in the Friday night game (November 2nd) at Vermont. He played in the Friday game, but was not in the lineup Saturday night going forward.

cavbim
03-17-2013, 02:01 PM

I think he is eligible if he desired a medical red shirt season and PC wants him for a 5th season. On his part remember he is drafted and might want to give it a go, I guess what happens next year tells us if PC wants him.

The rule for medical red shirt is not to play any games in the 2nd semester and you play less than 20% of your team's games. Yesterday's game puts him under 20%

cavbim
03-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Kevin Rooney back in lineup. Divver's tweet leaves spot game time decision Demopoulous or Chris Rooney. As I said earlier wonder if Demo is less than 100%, thus the question

satyking
03-17-2013, 05:42 PM
The only game in HE and they send Bunyon......why

Go-UML
03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
The only game in HE and they send Bunyon......whyBetter than Hansen

Jon
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Better than Hansen
I'm not sure who I'd want to see to be honest. Not Bunyon.

Chris_NH
03-17-2013, 05:53 PM
Obstruction Interference, explained:

"I have this reeeealllly shiny whistle that I just got. See? SEE?! It is so cool. With it, I can make people do what I want. I just blow this thing whenever I want...so COOL!"