PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

The Freds
03-15-2013, 10:20 PM
A nice welcome back tonight. Great to see the old crew again. Look forward to another game tomorrow.

Was your old friend Friartown able to make it?

cavbim
03-16-2013, 07:49 AM
1. Was good to get a visit from The Freds. Maybe encouragement to come a little more often now we are winning a bit more
2. Funny word was only a few seats left. Attendence left almost 700. Did notice quite a few season ticket holders did not come though (I'm thinking most were the ones where in season you get the family 4 pack for a great deal, at $15 a pop 4 tickets equal a good portion of your season ticket price), they did not specifically hold those seats as The Freds explained to me and as I heard from a few others
3. First home playoff win in 12 years (Last was the BU double ot game in 2001)
4. Thought our defense broke down quite a bit. Harvey saw little time late, Hart bad some bad decisions, and Shamanski coughed up at least the post ringer and was on the ice for the power play goal where the defense broke down.
5. Nick Saracino is the surprise freshman of the year. We knew Gillies was good, knew Jankowski would need growing up but he came in hearlded, DeJersey had big numbers coming in and Gilmour and Parisi would play major roles. However no one has had bigger goals then him this year.
6. As a side note I think he ends up being edged out for the rookie team as there have been some freshman who have had big years all year where his early injury cost him too many games.
7 Thought Gillies was very good, defense break downs cost him, but he saved their butts on a bunch of breakaways
8 We have had a lot of post rung against us, but I think that is Gillies too, as he covers so much shooters go a little wider and miss, hitting the post. It goes back to the arguement we had in the Vermont game where it was said their 4 goals would go in no matter what. No the point is Gillies makes shooters think and readjust and miss even if it is by a hair.
9. I do wonder if we have run out of gas. UNH like UML (though not to the extent) dictated the flow of the game.
10. You know things are going well when you score the game winner after watching UNH cycle the puck for 2 or 3 minutes running our defense ragged, only to get a fortuitous bounce and a Saracino goal.

cavbim
03-16-2013, 08:25 AM
One more note

All three PC goals were with both teams at full strength. UNH's goals were a power play and a 4 on 4 situation. We are very good at even strength, no so with special teams. When you are not you are playing with fire

PC91
03-16-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm very sorry that I missed you UNH1982. Got coverage to leave my job a bit earlier and busted my son out of the Catholic Country Club that he attends in West Roxbury.
My cell is 617-938-1175 in the future. I sold tonight's game but love taking other HE fans to games at Schneider.... even an grumpy old coot from BC. ;)
Hope to meet up with you in the near future. Sorry again that I missed your post.

PC91
03-16-2013, 09:48 AM
91 travel safe my friend hopefully we can meet up at the garden next weekend. Tell Wes we will miss him

I'm sitting in my hotel waiting on my overtired 15 year old to start his day and have a great view of Wes' new home (SA Field) and the Rockies. I could hit the stadium with a rock, even at my advanced age. :p

I'm sorry I missed the gang last night, especially the triumphant return of the Freds!!! Thanks to BUO for the updates last night as it made waiting in the airport tolerable. I was so excited to read that the team held on that I didn't realize I put Ghost Pepper sauce on my airport burrito until after it was too late. If you've never tried Ghost Pepper sauce before it's like kicking your mouth in the nuts...repeatedly but I survived as I'm very brave. ;)

Jon
03-16-2013, 09:52 AM
I was so excited to read that the team held on that I didn't realize I put Ghost Pepper sauce on my airport burrito until after it was too late. If you've never tried Ghost Pepper sauce before it's like kicking your mouth in the nuts...repeatedly but I survived as I'm very brave. ;)

All of my coworkers think that making people eat hot sauce is endlessly hilarious. My mouth's nuts would like to avoid that sensation.

PC91
03-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Cav- Most of the folks in the family section seem to be frontrunners even though the price is right. Now, I can respect being frugal in these economic times but since they made my section part of the family section years ago (Thank you Helen G), it seems like our end is full of wackjobs and cheapskates so I'm not surprised at the poor family section turnout. A lot of the family section types seem to miss on most games not against BC, BU, UNH, Maine and now UML. The guy that sits behind me never has the same crew unless it's to the popular games THEN they are all there in full force and even have their lucky seats. :rolleyes:

I understand not renewing for the playoffs if your budget is that fixed but it's $15 dollars to see your team in a playoff game which hasn't happened in your barn in over a decade so maybe renew a pair for the weekend? The ticket office has been great about allowing less or more seats to be bought by season ticket holders for this series.

PC91
03-16-2013, 10:13 AM
All of my coworkers think that making people eat hot sauce is endlessly hilarious. My mouth's nuts would like to avoid that sensation.

Jon- I'll kill them for you if you want. They shouldn't mess with people with that as you don't know how someone will react. I've found that breathing is an import part of life. :p
I started with wasabi years ago and graduated to a high tolerance of habanero sauce etc. but I the ghost chili is Satan in a bottle. I grabbed the wrong one last night but survived. Get this stuff anywhere but in your mouth (which is bad enough) like your cheek, eyes or hands and you'll crumb it for hours. I NEVER try to inflict my love of punishing myself on others, especially coworkers as that's just wrong!!!

Go-UML
03-16-2013, 10:40 AM
What is the face price on your regular season tickets? $15 is a very reasonable price for even a regular season ticket across the league. At least three schools are over $20. Of course, anything times four for a family is pricey but I just found the '$15 is high' statement a bit odd....

cavbim
03-16-2013, 10:52 AM
What is the face price on your regular season tickets? $15 is a very reasonable price for even a regular season ticket across the league. At least three schools are over $20. Of course, anything times four for a family is pricey but I just found the '$15 is high' statement a bit odd....

Regular season are 10 for individual games. With the season ticket including the processing fee it worked out to about 8.25 a game. The season ticket packet comes to about 3.00 a game per ticket.

Netman
03-16-2013, 10:57 AM
There is a family deal. 4 seats for 150.

PC91
03-16-2013, 10:57 AM

The normal ticket price for a PC game is $10 a ticket and the family section season seats are $150 for four seats total per season. You're looking at less than $2.50 a ticket per game. The family section tickets at PC has to be one of the best in sports. This is why I can see why someone paying $150 for 17 games might be gun shy about paying $120 to $180 for this weekend alone. I bought my usual 4 plus an extra for this series but now I'm out of town. :(

squidjigger
03-16-2013, 11:39 AM
I think we are spoiled down in providence with our ticket prices. With recent success coupled with the rink improvements, it won't be long for our prices to even out with the rest of the league.
On the subject of season ticket holders not going to all the playoff games...I'm a season ticket holder and I opted not to go last night but reserved my seats for tonight and sunday(hopefully not). I always assume that it may go to a game 3, and by picking up game 2 and 3 I'm guaranteed an end to the series one way or another. Personally, making the trip to providence from boston 3 days in a row is a bit much. Money-wise yea 3 days in a row for a pair of tickets, a few beers and the roundtrip adds up. If we are fortunate enough to make it to the Garden, I'd have to most likely take a half day at work and the tickets won't be cheap. As much as I love the friars, between the money and the simple fact I don't want to block off my whole weekend for hockey, not going last night made sense.
Everyone should calm down about the attendance, I'm sure tonight will be close to a sell out. I'm still finding pleasure in the terrible superfraud turn-out at conte last night for a nationally televised game.

PcFriars13
03-16-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm hoping to make the second and third periods tonight. I'm on the plane now headed for Providence.

HockeyMan2000
03-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Great effort in the 3rd. I think Gilles must've been asleep -- that 3rd goal was brutal.

Wish I could've been there -- hope for a good turnout tomorrow :)

Jon
03-16-2013, 05:37 PM
Good effort, typical ending. Zero confidence for tomorrow given the past 12 years of getting emotionally slaughtered by rooting for this team.

HockeyMan2000
03-16-2013, 05:44 PM
Good effort, typical ending. Zero confidence for tomorrow given the past 12 years of getting emotionally slaughtered by rooting for this team.

I wasn't there but, just from watching it on tv, the ending today brought back bad vibes from Game 3 of the 90 (?) Quarterfinals when UNH whipped us in the last 20 minutes and Mark Romaine gave up a flurry of goals. Some old UNH woman with a fishnet handbag started screaming at the top of her lungs near us, then ran into the walkway, grabbed a UNH flag and continued to scream as she ran all the way around the rink. That kind of thing you do not easily forget!

Jon
03-16-2013, 05:47 PM
I wasn't there but, just from watching it on tv, the ending today brought back bad vibes from Game 3 of the 90 (?) Quarterfinals when UNH whipped us in the last 20 minutes and Mark Romaine gave up a flurry of goals. Some old UNH woman with a fishnet handbag started screaming at the top of her lungs near us, then ran into the walkway, grabbed a UNH flag and continued to scream as she ran all the way around the rink. That kind of thing you do not easily forget!
I wasn't there, but I've heard the stories. Groundhogs Day?

The Zlax45
03-16-2013, 05:56 PM
This PC team hasn't shown up at home in weeks now...so what will happen on Sunday? I would feel more confident if this game on Sunday was on the road...

cavbim
03-16-2013, 06:07 PM

Yes it was '90....Ricky Bennett's last game. We won the first game convincingly, got shutout the 2nd night and then fell apart to lose 7-4 as you say the game got away. Except for the old UNH women part I was thinking the same thing as the 3rd goal went in.