PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

The Zlax45
10-20-2012, 09:49 PM
I'll take the tie on the road. Now let's see if the Friars can't earn a nice early season road win tonight!

The games this weekend and next are a good test in their young season. Go Friars!

Games next weekend are MUST wins with the way Maine was CRUSHED this weekend by St. Lawrence in Orono

PC91
10-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Games next weekend are MUST wins with the way Maine was CRUSHED this weekend by St. Lawrence in Orono

I agree. Maine is not what we'd all expect this season. Granted they are bound to improve as the season progresses but the Friars need to sweep if they want to make some noise in HE this season.

Netman
10-21-2012, 10:45 AM
A tie and a OT loss to the #4 team on the road this weekend. We need to rebound next weekend and score some W's.

satyking
10-21-2012, 12:45 PM
We can start the "Fire Timmay" thread in Maine with a sweep

A tie and a OT loss to the #4 team on the road this weekend. We need to rebound next weekend and score some W's.

AMC
10-22-2012, 07:41 AM
We can start the "Fire Timmay" thread in Maine with a sweep

Nah. That's what the season thread is for these days. Maine is godawful this year. I need to make it back down to Schneider to see some actual good hockey.

SecE
10-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Nah. That's what the season thread is for these days. Maine is godawful this year. I need to make it back down to Schneider to see some actual good hockey.

WOW!!! Going to Schnieder to see good hockey. Havent heard anything like that in years. But it's great to hear. Hoping th buys have agreat season this year.

mvfriar
10-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Couple of projo stories about hockey team; one focuses on Acciari, the other on USCHO poll...BTW, Miami is now no. 3...

Acciari makes an impact in PC debut (http://news.providencejournal.com/sports/college/2012/10/acciari-makes-an-impact-in-pc-debut.html)

Despite winless weekend, PC skaters get more votes in national poll (http://news.providencejournal.com/sports/college/2012/10/despite-losses-pc-skaters-receive-more-votes-in-national-poll.html)

irishfan85
10-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Having seen Maine several times and PC once, I'd be shocked if PC didn't sweep, especially with games at home. Superior coaching, superior goaltending, better blue line corps, both have a few talented forwards, but PC has better depth.

PC91
10-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Having seen Maine several times and PC once, I'd be shocked if PC didn't sweep, especially with games at home. Superior coaching, superior goaltending, better blue line corps, both have a few talented forwards, but PC has better depth.

I'd be disappointed if the Friars don't sweep this weekend. I have a great deal of respect for the Maine hockey program and it seems as though they are in for an un-Blackbear like season. I've read a number of posts from their fans and unfortunately a number of the fans feel that the team will be lucky to win over 10 games.
Maine traditionally gets stronger as the season progresses so I'm sure that the team we see this weekend will be better for the game in Orono but PC should have a successful weekend if they put forth the proper effort.

all bear
10-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Maine will be lucky to win 10 games this season. Providence will have no problem with this sweep.

Jon
10-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Maine will be lucky to win 10 games this season. Providence will have no problem with this sweep.

Why is it every time Maine fans tell us this, PC ends up getting swept?
Where are Fred's rose colored glasses when I need them?

satyking
10-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Jon I think 91 has them

all bear
10-25-2012, 08:12 PM

fftttt...maine hasnt swept pc in centuries, your memory is obviously friared. This ME team is really weak, no d, no goalie and no scoring. Its all freshman and a lot of no's.

The Freds
10-26-2012, 07:16 AM

Nah, PC always plays Maine tough at home. I remember the year Maine came in with Paul Kariya and Jom Montgomery and PC swept two ending Maine's national title hopes.

Anything is possible Jon.

PC91
10-26-2012, 12:40 PM
I sure do. :D

I also want to add again that I'm very proud of Derek Army for staying and I've enjoyed watching this young man mature as a player and adjust his style of hockey. He has become a smarter player while still showing grit on the ice.

This will be a good weekend as Maine is always dangerous if you sleep on them.

all bear
10-26-2012, 01:26 PM
I sure do. :D

I also want to add again that I'm very proud of Derek Army for staying and I've enjoyed watching this young man mature as a player and adjust his style of hockey. He has become a smarter player while still showing grit on the ice.

This will be a good weekend as Maine is always dangerous if you sleep on them.

ahem, we prefer to be on top. :o

PcFriars13
10-26-2012, 04:47 PM
Here's a fun fact: the PC pep band is no longer allowed to play the "Hey" song...

BU2K
10-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Go Friars!

The Freds
10-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Has anyone here purchased either the Cox Online Package or the Friars All Access package? Can you tell me what the secret is to enjoy these services?

I am extremely frustrated again with the Friars web offerings. Two weeks ago I purchased the All Access Package and settled in to watch the live stream and Mike Logan call of the game against Sacred Heart. I had no video for most of the second and part of the third period. Tonight I decided to try the Cox Sports Online deal. I signed up paid my money and then spent 20 minutes in a loop asking me to login and when I logged in it brought me to a page asking me what package I wanted to purchase. That was 30 minutes ago. I have now missed the first period and my guess is we are into the second.

Now I am a tech savvy guy. Heck I owned a tech company for years. These products, for me, leave much to be desired and I will not purchase again.

After 30 years of season ticket ownership, having moved away from Rhode Island, and having the team be worth watching again I thought it would be fun to watch online. The hell with that these services are terrible in my humble opinion.

Jon
10-26-2012, 09:29 PM
And despite my well earned pessimism
, PC wins 3-2.