PC Hockey - On the road back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Wish I didn't see that mess...giving up a goal shorthanded on a five minute PP with a one goal lead...TERRIBLE!

Why was Mauermann playing a point up by a goal with under 5 minutes left?
    Last edited by The Zlax45; 02-17-2013, 11:30 PM.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

come on guys, really, a SHG in the last 5 minutes?

Comment

This question begs for an answer......after all the bad third period goals this team has allowed this year. I think some one affiliated with team should post a reply

Also the player who nailed Luke should be suspended by Hockey East as it was obviously intentional (watch the tape)

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        Wish I didn't see that mess...giving up a goal shorthanded on a five minute PP with a one goal lead...TERRIBLE!

Last edited by satyking; 02-18-2013, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
          come on guys, really, a SHG in the last 5 minutes?
          Pretty much our response. In every game. Sigh.

Did anyone get a good look at the hit on Jardine that resulted in the 5 minute major? I just assume it was a stupid play on our part, but Leaman was infuriated.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
            Also the player who nailed Luke should be suspended by Hockey East as it was obviously intentional (watch the tape)
            I thought the same thing when I saw it. It looked like Bigos stuck his leg out. Luke's hit on Jardine looked like he was trying to finish his check and caught his leg/knee. Hopefully both players are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
              This question begs for an answer......after all the bad third period goals this team has allowed this year. I think some one affiliated with team should post a reply

Divver won't question Leaman about this...
              Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

A shameless plug: story on PC freshman netminder Jon Gillies

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....lames-prospect
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                  Assuming the boxscore is correct Mauerman was not playing the point, he was covering the point. The forwards on the ice at the time of the goal were Jankowski, Mauerman and DeJersey. I believe Jankowski was on the boards so he would be the right winger and Mauerman the center. Parisi and Gilmour were the dmen. From what little you can tell about them from the replay Gilmour gets back way too late, and on Mauerman's left so it would suggest he was the right D and Parisi holding the left point. If that was the case. Mauerman was rotating back there to cover when Gilmour pinched down low, could not hold it in with Bates on top of him at (from the video) already at full steam, gaining several steps on Mauerman in the race to get on Gillies. Out of the picture at that point is Scotti, but clearly to be as close to Bates as he was he either read the play very well or gambled the clear was going to get through. Thus he had many steps on Parisi who in the video never comes into view on the left D side. So Mauerman is just approaching Bates with his stick extended which if someone had covered the left side might have been enough harassment to limit the quality shot Bates could have taken on a ready Gillies. However with Scotti free Gillies could not commit to him till to late since it was Bates handling the puck. Gilmour trying to get back to his position would be the lone Friar with momentum toward Gillies but as in the picture he was way too late to help.
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Thanks Cav I feel better but the staff has to work on the D being up ice in situations like this

Comment

PC was just changing lines right before the goal. Mauermann is the right point man with Gilmour on the left on the second power play unit. Parisi got the puck to Saracino and then went to the bench. Saracino's shot went wide and deflected hard off the boards before everyone had entered the zone and Gilmour was just replacing Parisi as Merrimack was headed up ice.

Comment

• Re: Irrelevant no more!

From Mark Divver's twitter - not good news:

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
                        Shane Luke 'could be out anywhere from two weeks to the remainder of the season' with knee injury suffered on Sunday, says Nate Leaman

Does anyone know if Bigos is going to get any time off for this dirty play....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
                          PC was just changing lines right before the goal. Mauermann is the right point man with Gilmour on the left on the second power play unit. Parisi got the puck to Saracino and then went to the bench. Saracino's shot went wide and deflected hard off the boards before everyone had entered the zone and Gilmour was just replacing Parisi as Merrimack was headed up ice.
                          It is why I prefaced by saying assuming the boxscore was correct. If you had asked me leaving the arena who was on the ice I would have said I obviously know Mauerman was there. I would have said I believed DeJersey and Saracinio and I did think Gilmour was in the play. So was Jankowski on the ice of or off....I would think he would change up with Saracino. Who is the 5th Friar on the ice.....Parisi was clearly penalized with a -1 on plus minus (Saracino was not charged). The video does not really show enough to answer but Gilmour ended up on Gillies' right and to Mauerman's left, if he was just getting off the bench and trailing the play would he not come into the play on Mauerman's right at least making at attempt to get between Scotti and Bates to shut off the passing lane. The bottom line is you want Gillies only to have to deal with Bates. So is the issue a combination of events causing and the resultant line change being messed up?
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Re: Irrelevant no more!

Originally posted by chrisP View Post
                            From Mark Divver's twitter - not good news:

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
                            Shane Luke 'could be out anywhere from two weeks to the remainder of the season' with knee injury suffered on Sunday, says Nate Leaman

Does anyone know if Bigos is going to get any time off for this dirty play....
                            talking of the projo, I found that my hard copy of the paper Monday had nothing at all on the game and I looked at Divver's twitter about 6 or 7 last night to see if he had any word on Luke, and found he hadn't twittered at all about PC over the weekend.. Had twitter coverage of Brown's weekend. The was a PBruins game simultaneous to the PC game.

My opinion is the league is calling the whole thing a wash. First time I thought that was when they just gave him the major and not a game misconduct. It was like they set the bar by calling Luke for only the major and not the game. Maybe they gave Merrimack the benefit of the doubt since they lost Jardine for the game. So maybe in retrospect they feel Merrimack has lost enough since Jardine is supposedly gone for the year and they don't really want to affect how things come out seeing everything is so tight. He was also tossed in the first game vs PC and I believe Dennehy sat him the next game as he didn't dress at Providence the next night.
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Just a quick ticket question. Would it be safe to assume tickets will be available day of game? I just ask because I know Schneider has a small capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by BrocktonNU View Post
                                Just a quick ticket question. Would it be safe to assume tickets will be available day of game? I just ask because I know Schneider has a small capacity.
                                I would call the box office and try to buy tickets from them before heading to the rink. Construction has lowered the capacity to around 2000 per game.

Comment

Working...
                                X