Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
    The end of the game brawl happened Feb 15, 1997. The Friars had blown a 4-2 lead heading into the third period the night before @ UNH. The wildcats scored 7 third period goals and things got testy after PC beat UNH 3-2. I believe Dick Umile suffered a minor heart attack after that game as well. Still the wildest ending I've seen to a PC game in my time around the program.
    I had to do a little looking up to verify the date but yes that is the date. I remember John Tuohy cleaning up the mess of providence helmets and gloves after. Frank Cole was the ref who let it get out of control. So we are coming up on the 16th anniversary. Agree wildest end I've ever seen
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
      The end of the game brawl happened Feb 15, 1997. The Friars had blown a 4-2 lead heading into the third period the night before @ UNH. The wildcats scored 7 third period goals and things got testy after PC beat UNH 3-2. I believe Dick Umile suffered a minor heart attack after that game as well. Still the wildest ending I've seen to a PC game in my time around the program.
      That was a wild ending. Umile did have a minor heart attack after that game. I remember Umile on his hands and knees trying to fight one of the PC players.

Comment

I confess that I saw a similar wild ending at a PC game at the old Rhode Island Auditorium in the 60s. For some reason I think the opponent was "Ylae" but I do remember the goalie was Bob Bellemore. It was my very first PC game.

Comment

Funny part is I was a student at unh from 2000-2004...the players would give me dirty looks for wearing a PC hockey t-shirt
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Last night PC inducted Mike Boback '92 into its Hall of Fame. There is a story on Friars.com. He had quite the career. Congratulations to Mike.

Comment

• Irrelevant no more!

From the Hockey East site...PC/BC matchup worthy of being televised as an important matchup.
              When was the last time this happened?
              Now let's win this baby!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NESN ANNOUNCES PROVIDENCE AT BOSTON COLLEGE AS FLEX GAME FOR SATURDAY, MARCH 2ND

Hockey East and the New England Sports Network have announced that the matchup between Providence College and No. 4 ranked Boston College will be broadcast live from Conte Forum on Saturday, March 2nd at 4pm.

Comment

Big 2 points today!
                Providence College
                National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
                  Jon, I believe the UHN started in Worcester at the regionals one year when there was a rowdy group of UNH. These fans made giant UNH letters but held them up in the wrong order thus giving birth to UHN. This was followed by BU fans singing "The wheels on your house go round and round..." to the UHN fans. I believe it was BU fans. Ahhh good times.
                  It was in the regionals at Worcester. The three guys sat out of order and the Cornell fans chanted "You can't spell!"
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Myles Harvey is not in the lineup today. Hmm...
                    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Dear PC fans,
                      Opposing fans should not be out chanting you at the Coffin. Ever.

2-1 Goons after 2

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Well that game was like a good walk spoiled. Oh well, it was a good game for most of it. I don't get to see the Friars play too often, but things are looking way better than a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                          Myles Harvey is not in the lineup today. Hmm...
                          Benched or hurt??? The defense looked much faster moving out of their end without him in the lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven22 View Post
                            Benched or hurt??? The defense looked much faster moving out of their end without him in the lineup.
                            He was injured in the UNH game according to Mike Logan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                              Dear PC fans,
                              Opposing fans should not be out chanting you at the Coffin. Ever.

2-1 Goons after 2
                              Jon, you have got to revive the BoomPC website and don your old gear and go show those students how it's done.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                                Jon, you have got to revive the BoomPC website and don your old gear and go show those students how it's done.
                                I can misspell things and use terrible grammar just fine over here.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X