X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
    Students are here, appear to be mildly interested, and there's no pep band
    Yeah it took them about 52 minutes to get into the game.....at least those that did show up did stay till the end (though it was a fast game)
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Great win tonight for PC. Gillies made some great saves on the UNH powerplays in the 3rd period.
      Last edited by steven22; 02-13-2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Best game I have seen since the friars beat BU in double or in 2001. Just a super fun team to watch can't wait to go again. Hell I may even see about getting my old seats back

HM hope all is well with you, it's been a long time

91 thanks for the ticket try appreciated

Comment

5 of 6 points from the SMTs good times. Keep it rolling!!!
          Providence College
          National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
            SMTs??
            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
              SMTs??
              Skating Mother Theresa's -- UNH fans believed none of their player (Daryn Haydar included) were perfect never committing a penalty yet they themselves were repeatedly mugged and beaten up. You should have heard the cries when Darth Platt took a rather cheap shot at one of them (Hemmingway I believe--one of the more saintly of the SMTs). On the other they their assistant did push poor Josh MacNevin and started the college hockey brawl to end all hockey brawls
              Last edited by cavbim; 02-14-2013, 03:26 AM.
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

1. 4 shutouts in his first year, school record is 7 I believe by Tyler. Now it is too bad Gillies got lifted after 2 periods because we were thumping Sacred Heart or it most likely would be 5 already.

2. I thought the penalty killing was very good last night. The defense was pretty good at Gillies good looks and not backing into him and the forwards were very tenacious/aggressive giving us several pretty good short handed chances.

3. Did Luke get hurt....do not recall seeing him in the 3rd and he began the game with Jankowski and Schaller and obviously it was Demo who was on the ice with them when the goal was scored.

4. Havey's minutes are not as plentiful. I actually think both the freshman (Gilmour and Parisi) have taken some of the key minutes and Harvey and Velischek now that Hart is back are the 5th and 6th guys on the depth chart

5. I also think that Jankowski has begun to show signs of developing. I think he tends to be a bit more of a playmaker right now then a shooter but he is showing signs of handling the puck and moving it well.

6. Which might lead to Schaller getting his goal total up. He was a bit snake bitten last night but he certainly worked to earn some nice chances.

7 I actually think Demo is a nice complement to that combo of Jankowski and Schaller

8 And yes at some point next year we are going to wish we had a power forward like Schaller around

9. That said I do think not only is Jankowski showing signs of growing but Drew Brown played a pretty strong game also and again it helps him being with his prep linemate Accari (another one who will certainly step up his scoring as his role expands)

10 Give Hokey credit about his belief in Murphy. In the end it is his intangibles that will make him the most missed senior of the group. Hokey did call that one.

11. Bet Union would love to have Brown, Demo and Mauerman all would most likely be there if Leaman stayed.

12. Speaking of Mauerman a) did not really think he was in that clean to get a penalty shot and b) I'd rather have the 2 minute power play.

13 Home or away no one is going to want to play Providence in the first round, particularly if Gillies is really on that weekend
                Last edited by cavbim; 02-14-2013, 03:55 AM.
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by Netman View Post
                  What he said!

Comment

To answer cavbim, Luke was on the ice and was the one Demopoulos changed with when the goal was scored.
                    https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                    Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                      Skating Mother Theresa's -- UNH fans believed none of their player (Daryn Haydar included) were perfect never committing a penalty yet they themselves were repeatedly mugged and beaten up. You should have heard the cries when Darth Platt took a rather cheap shot at one of them (Hemmingway I believe--one of the more saintly of the SMTs). On the other they their assistant did push poor Josh MacNevin and started the college hockey brawl to end all hockey brawls
                      That was a brilliant contribution from our alternator stealing friends in Orono. There was a 4 years period where UNH had ridiculously talented teams that somehow never won a national title. This also coincided with the steady belief that the rest of Hockey East was getting dirtier and dirtier in a futile attempt to stop them. At the beginning, it was only PC that was "cheating" to stop them, but after a while it was pretty much everyone with the possible exception of Northeastern. Maine fans got annoyed enough to start calling them the SMT's and the name stuck. Also sticking was the labeling of PC as the Goons. And UHN was another funny name started by some dyslexic fellow in Orono and carried to it's natural conclusion when some New Hampshire people held up "U" "N" and "H" signs but got the order wrong during an NCAA tournament game against Cornell. This really makes me miss Darth Platt, the Pinhead Brother's war against Darrin "the Little Lumberjack" Haydar, Clemmensieve, Matty Five Hole, and Chuck Murray's epic stories...

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        That was a brilliant contribution from our alternator stealing friends in Orono. There was a 4 years period where UNH had ridiculously talented teams that somehow never won a national title. This also coincided with the steady belief that the rest of Hockey East was getting dirtier and dirtier in a futile attempt to stop them. At the beginning, it was only PC that was "cheating" to stop them, but after a while it was pretty much everyone with the possible exception of Northeastern. Maine fans got annoyed enough to start calling them the SMT's and the name stuck.
                        I believe UNH considered leaving Hockey East for a local non checking league during that time.

Comment

Highlights from last night:

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                            That was a brilliant contribution from our alternator stealing friends in Orono. There was a 4 years period where UNH had ridiculously talented teams that somehow never won a national title. This also coincided with the steady belief that the rest of Hockey East was getting dirtier and dirtier in a futile attempt to stop them. At the beginning, it was only PC that was "cheating" to stop them, but after a while it was pretty much everyone with the possible exception of Northeastern. Maine fans got annoyed enough to start calling them the SMT's and the name stuck. Also sticking was the labeling of PC as the Goons. And UHN was another funny name started by some dyslexic fellow in Orono and carried to it's natural conclusion when some New Hampshire people held up "U" "N" and "H" signs but got the order wrong during an NCAA tournament game against Cornell. This really makes me miss Darth Platt, the Pinhead Brother's war against Darrin "the Little Lumberjack" Haydar, Clemmensieve, Matty Five Hole, and Chuck Murray's epic stories...
                            Jon, I believe the UHN started in Worcester at the regionals one year when there was a rowdy group of UNH. These fans made giant UNH letters but held them up in the wrong order thus giving birth to UHN. This was followed by BU fans singing "The wheels on your house go round and round..." to the UHN fans. I believe it was BU fans. Ahhh good times.
                            Providence College
                            National Champions

Comment

Cav, what year was that UNH/PC brawl? The wildest end to a game I have ever seen. If there was video it would have a million hits on youtube.
                              Providence College
                              National Champions

Comment

The end of the game brawl happened Feb 15, 1997. The Friars had blown a 4-2 lead heading into the third period the night before @ UNH. The wildcats scored 7 third period goals and things got testy after PC beat UNH 3-2. I believe Dick Umile suffered a minor heart attack after that game as well. Still the wildest ending I've seen to a PC game in my time around the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X