PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

The Zlax45
03-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Nope...average viewer won't know what's on the line tomorrow, UNH would still get the higher ratings. A few more years of UML and PC doing this and it'll gradually change. But, all about the $$, donchakno

Everyone I talk to thinks PC plays at the Dunkin Donuts Center and gets them confused with the P-Bruins

UML
03-09-2013, 09:07 AM
Everyone I talk to thinks PC plays at the Dunkin Donuts Center and gets them confused with the P-Bruins

Everyone up in Lowell thinks the same thing.

Netman
03-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Hopefully in a couple of weeks they will! ;)

UMLFan
03-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Great game by your boys last night, well deserved win.

Tonight should be fun, looking forward to my first visit to Schneider in a long, long time!

Hoping not to see a tie, would be nice to see one of our schools win the title.

The Zlax45
03-09-2013, 09:14 AM

Tonight should be fun, looking forward to my first visit to Schneider in a long, long time!

Same here...keep it out of the Big 4's grasp

The Freds
03-09-2013, 10:37 AM
A few more years of UML and PC doing this and it'll gradually change. But, all about the $$, donchakno

We've been waiting for a long time to see PC and UML work their way back to the prominence the programs had in the early days of Hockey East. Things always do cycle and to some extent all programs will have down years. I'd like to think PC has the next Jerry York behind the bench though.

Jon
03-09-2013, 10:38 AM

Pretty much. If not us, Lowell winning HE would be lovely!

Go-UML
03-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Pretty much. If not us, Lowell winning HE would be lovely!Exactly.

UMLFan
03-09-2013, 11:15 AM
We've been waiting for a long time to see PC and UML work their way back to the prominence the programs had in the early days of Hockey East. Things always do cycle and to some extent all programs will have down years. I'd like to think PC has the next Jerry York behind the bench though.Never thought I'd feel this way (especially about Lowell) but both teams look like they are setting themselves up for continued success. Not at the BC level obviously, but consistently fighting towards the top.

As a fan of one of the "other 6" (soon to be 7, then 8) ... it's good to see.

satyking
03-09-2013, 12:44 PM
There are tix still available.....lets fill the joint.....go Friars

J.D.
03-09-2013, 01:12 PM

Would you take a tie over a loss?

The Zlax45
03-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Would you take a tie over a loss?

Tie gives both teams a conference title so go us!

Friartown
03-09-2013, 02:03 PM
If PC wins they win Hockey East and are still not a lock for the NCAA's. That would suck to win the regular season conference and not go to the NCAA tourny. Goes to show still no respect. BTW has that ever happened?

steven22
03-09-2013, 02:31 PM
If PC wins they win Hockey East and are still not a lock for the NCAA's. That would suck to win the regular season conference and not go to the NCAA tourny. Goes to show still no respect. BTW has that ever happened?

The NCAA's are based on the Pairwise rankings. If PC wins the playoff Hockey East Title they get the auto bid for the NCAA's. Regular season title auto bid has not been in place for a number of years.

SecE
03-09-2013, 03:42 PM
The NCAA's are based on the Pairwise rankings. If PC wins the playoff Hockey East Title they get the auto bid for the NCAA's. Regular season title auto bid has not been in place for a number of years.
No, I am well aware of that. What I am saying has anyone ever won the HE regular season without worrying that they may still not get in. While teams that finished below them were still locks to get in? You would think winning the regular season that you would be a lock to get in.

J.D.
03-09-2013, 03:46 PM

No, I am well aware of that. What I am saying has anyone ever won the HE regular season without worrying that they may still not get in. While teams that finished below them were still locks to get in? You would think winning the regular season that you would be a lock to get in.

?

Are you also friartown? Anyway, has nothing to do with respect. Has everything to do with math.

J.D.
03-09-2013, 03:47 PM
And for the record, I do think a RS champ is more deserving of an autobid than a tourney champ. It just doesn't jive with the extra money/TV involved with conference tournaments. They want the spotlight on those games more than anything to do with the RS.

REDMEN2002
03-09-2013, 04:16 PM
If the teams don't tie, I hope PC beats UML tonight. Good luck!

Friartown
03-09-2013, 04:35 PM
?

Are you also friartown? Anyway, has nothing to do with respect. Has everything to do with math. LOL No I am with Sec e and used his phone to reply he was alreday logged in. Kind of funny though that math doesn't add up when your on top though must be using formulas that need to be corrected. :) Anyway lets hop PC gets the win and see what happens. Finishing 5th would be awful.

Friartown
03-09-2013, 04:37 PM
And for the record, I do think a RS champ is more deserving of an autobid than a tourney champ. It just doesn't jive with the extra money/TV involved with conference tournaments. They want the spotlight on those games more than anything to do with the RS.This is why I believe if PC gets in they don't stay in PVD. BC would be a bigger draw. :(