PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

cavbim
03-04-2013, 10:00 AM
So lets say Harvey is healthy for Friday's game? Should he even dress? PC's defense has been MUCH better without him on the ice and why mess with it.

He absolutely dresses if he is healthy. Goss has to be carefully used, is not put on the ice against top lines. His lack of experience meant only Shamanski, Parisi, and Velischek were available to kill the Hart penalty, which ultimately was the deciding factor.

At this point I would not call most of the freshmen, "freshmen" any longer....they have routinely been in key situations and now have the experience less used sophomores bring to the table

So I do think his role is diminished as I would rather Parisi and Gilmour get the key minutes when possible. I just don't want to see Goss tie your hands due to concerns he is not ready yet.

cavbim
03-04-2013, 06:46 PM
Mark Divver‏@MarkDivver

Myles Harvey is 50-50 for @FriarsHockey vs. Lowell this wkend, says Nate Leaman. He's missed last 5 games w/lower body injury.

PC91
03-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Dumped up to 18th from 20th. Go job Friars!

I think that we all agree that PC has to take at least one game from UML this weekend to have a shot at home ice in the opening round of the HE playoffs. A lot riding on this weekend for the Friars. Sweeping UML would actually put them in the running for the NCAA tournament and being swept would really suck for their HE seeding.

Big weekend. Go Friars!

cavbim
03-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Donaldson has certainly taken notice:

http://news.providencejournal.com/sports/college/2013/03/donaldson-pc-icers-grew-up-overnight.html

chrisP
03-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Jon Rheault called up to the Florida Panthers today.

Netman
03-05-2013, 03:25 PM
jon rheault called up to the florida panthers today.

awesome!!!

cavbim
03-06-2013, 02:31 PM
Jon....don't know if this would help in your quest for tickets Saturday......it really sounds like a playoff only plan but I don't see why it is okay one weekend and not the previous based on saying this today:

Mark Divver‏@MarkDivver

If PC gets home ice for Hockey East quarters, school will be allowed by city fire marshal to sell 3,030 tickets. #pchockey

squidjigger
03-06-2013, 05:15 PM
So is the game this saturday officially sold out? My girlfriend got an email last week saying she could get up to 4 free tickets as a pc employee season ticket holder. Then a few days later we got another email saying we could basically get as many free tickets as we wanted for being season ticket holders. We ended up picking up a few extras for family/friends. If it is sold out maybe pc jumped the gun with handing out the freebies.

The Zlax45
03-07-2013, 12:57 AM
Jon....don't know if this would help in your quest for tickets Saturday......it really sounds like a playoff only plan but I don't see why it is okay one weekend and not the previous based on saying this today:

Mark Divver‏@MarkDivver

If PC gets home ice for Hockey East quarters, school will be allowed by city fire marshal to sell 3,030 tickets. #pchockey

The new facility is nearly done enough they might be able to open some of the fire exits maybe?

Go-UML
03-07-2013, 04:15 AM
The new facility is nearly done enough they might be able to open some of the fire exits maybe?

I'm going to guess that should you host, they will do the extra work of filling in the holes or covering them, roping off hazardous areas and other things to appease the fire chief/Marshall.

BUObserver
03-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Anyone have insight to our home/away OOC schedule next year??

The Zlax45
03-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Anyone have insight to our home/away OOC schedule next year??

I am also interested in this...

rdf8585
03-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Leaman has reeled in another Union guy... forward Trevor Mingoia, who left Union in October, announced a commitment to Providence for next season.

A little post I did for my Union blog, with a quote from Mingoia's junior hockey coach.... http://bit.ly/Zvud7U

gofriars2013
03-08-2013, 08:51 AM
the friar ticket office twitter page is doing a contest today for a team autographed stick and 2 tickets to the game tomorrow night, thought i would share

https://twitter.com/FriarTickets

looks like you have to follow and retweet the post in order to win

Jon
03-08-2013, 09:01 AM
This is the second consecutive weekend PC is supposed to get swept... No comment.

UML
03-08-2013, 09:23 AM
I hope I win!
the friar ticket office twitter page is doing a contest today for a team autographed stick and 2 tickets to the game tomorrow night, thought i would share

https://twitter.com/FriarTickets

looks like you have to follow and retweet the post in order to win

cavbim
03-08-2013, 09:25 AM
This is the second consecutive weekend PC is supposed to get swept... No comment.

Bet they didn't tell Nate:D

cavbim
03-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Leaman has reeled in another Union guy... forward Trevor Mingoia, who left Union in October, announced a commitment to Providence for next season.

A little post I did for my Union blog, with a quote from Mingoia's junior hockey coach.... http://bit.ly/Zvud7U

At this point in the year seems like a decent pickup....sounds like he might slot into Murphy's spot. Since he didn't play at all for Union that would mean he only used his freshman year up and will be a sophomore. Starting the year at Union means he is not eligible till second semester though (Similar to the Lavin case when he left PC).

Must be something in him that Leaman would recruit him twice. Also good he has put the year to good use by playing tougher and harder

Over the boards tweet on his committment

Over The Boards‏@OTBPuckWatch

Former Union (ECAC) and Berkshire (NE-Prep) forward Trevor Mingoia commits to Providence. Skilled forward with a scoring touch

cavbim
03-08-2013, 01:10 PM
So lets say Harvey is healthy for Friday's game? Should he even dress? PC's defense has been MUCH better without him on the ice and why mess with it.

well here seems to be your offical answer

Mark Divver‏@MarkDivver

Myles Harvey will return tonight for @FriarsHockey after missing 5 games w/ lower body injury. #pchockey

Dutchfan
03-08-2013, 02:25 PM
You guys are really going to like Mingoia. I thought he was due for a breakout year for us this year but it wasn't meant to be. He's running the point on Tri-City's power play and he could end up being a top 6 guy at Providence.