PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

The Zlax45
02-18-2013, 04:06 PM
This question begs for an answer......after all the bad third period goals this team has allowed this year. I think some one affiliated with team should post a reply

Also the player who nailed Luke should be suspended by Hockey East as it was obviously intentional (watch the tape)

Divver won't question Leaman about this...

CollegeHockeyRinkReport
02-19-2013, 02:12 PM
A shameless plug: story on PC freshman netminder Jon Gillies

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/hockey-east/2013/2/19/4005864/providence-hockey-jon-gillies-calgary-flames-prospect

cavbim
02-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Why was Mauermann playing a point up by a goal with under 5 minutes left?

Assuming the boxscore is correct Mauerman was not playing the point, he was covering the point. The forwards on the ice at the time of the goal were Jankowski, Mauerman and DeJersey. I believe Jankowski was on the boards so he would be the right winger and Mauerman the center. Parisi and Gilmour were the dmen. From what little you can tell about them from the replay Gilmour gets back way too late, and on Mauerman's left so it would suggest he was the right D and Parisi holding the left point. If that was the case. Mauerman was rotating back there to cover when Gilmour pinched down low, could not hold it in with Bates on top of him at (from the video) already at full steam, gaining several steps on Mauerman in the race to get on Gillies. Out of the picture at that point is Scotti, but clearly to be as close to Bates as he was he either read the play very well or gambled the clear was going to get through. Thus he had many steps on Parisi who in the video never comes into view on the left D side. So Mauerman is just approaching Bates with his stick extended which if someone had covered the left side might have been enough harassment to limit the quality shot Bates could have taken on a ready Gillies. However with Scotti free Gillies could not commit to him till to late since it was Bates handling the puck. Gilmour trying to get back to his position would be the lone Friar with momentum toward Gillies but as in the picture he was way too late to help.

satyking
02-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks Cav I feel better but the staff has to work on the D being up ice in situations like this

MikeLogan
02-19-2013, 09:30 PM
PC was just changing lines right before the goal. Mauermann is the right point man with Gilmour on the left on the second power play unit. Parisi got the puck to Saracino and then went to the bench. Saracino's shot went wide and deflected hard off the boards before everyone had entered the zone and Gilmour was just replacing Parisi as Merrimack was headed up ice.

chrisP
02-19-2013, 10:39 PM
From Mark Divver's twitter - not good news:

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
Shane Luke 'could be out anywhere from two weeks to the remainder of the season' with knee injury suffered on Sunday, says Nate Leaman

Does anyone know if Bigos is going to get any time off for this dirty play....

cavbim
02-20-2013, 04:04 AM
PC was just changing lines right before the goal. Mauermann is the right point man with Gilmour on the left on the second power play unit. Parisi got the puck to Saracino and then went to the bench. Saracino's shot went wide and deflected hard off the boards before everyone had entered the zone and Gilmour was just replacing Parisi as Merrimack was headed up ice.

It is why I prefaced by saying assuming the boxscore was correct. If you had asked me leaving the arena who was on the ice I would have said I obviously know Mauerman was there. I would have said I believed DeJersey and Saracinio and I did think Gilmour was in the play. So was Jankowski on the ice of or off....I would think he would change up with Saracino. Who is the 5th Friar on the ice.....Parisi was clearly penalized with a -1 on plus minus (Saracino was not charged). The video does not really show enough to answer but Gilmour ended up on Gillies' right and to Mauerman's left, if he was just getting off the bench and trailing the play would he not come into the play on Mauerman's right at least making at attempt to get between Scotti and Bates to shut off the passing lane. The bottom line is you want Gillies only to have to deal with Bates. So is the issue a combination of events causing and the resultant line change being messed up?

cavbim
02-20-2013, 04:37 AM
From Mark Divver's twitter - not good news:

Mark Divver ‏@MarkDivver
Shane Luke 'could be out anywhere from two weeks to the remainder of the season' with knee injury suffered on Sunday, says Nate Leaman

Does anyone know if Bigos is going to get any time off for this dirty play....

talking of the projo, I found that my hard copy of the paper Monday had nothing at all on the game and I looked at Divver's twitter about 6 or 7 last night to see if he had any word on Luke, and found he hadn't twittered at all about PC over the weekend.. Had twitter coverage of Brown's weekend. The was a PBruins game simultaneous to the PC game.

My opinion is the league is calling the whole thing a wash. First time I thought that was when they just gave him the major and not a game misconduct. It was like they set the bar by calling Luke for only the major and not the game. Maybe they gave Merrimack the benefit of the doubt since they lost Jardine for the game. So maybe in retrospect they feel Merrimack has lost enough since Jardine is supposedly gone for the year and they don't really want to affect how things come out seeing everything is so tight. He was also tossed in the first game vs PC and I believe Dennehy sat him the next game as he didn't dress at Providence the next night.

BrocktonNU
02-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Just a quick ticket question. Would it be safe to assume tickets will be available day of game? I just ask because I know Schneider has a small capacity.

steven22
02-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Just a quick ticket question. Would it be safe to assume tickets will be available day of game? I just ask because I know Schneider has a small capacity.

I would call the box office and try to buy tickets from them before heading to the rink. Construction has lowered the capacity to around 2000 per game.

BrocktonNU
02-20-2013, 01:48 PM
I would call the box office and try to buy tickets from them before heading to the rink. Construction has lowered the capacity to around 2000 per game.
Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. Got two seats Upper level, section E, row B. How are those seats, hard to imagine many bad seats in such a small arena.

Jon
02-20-2013, 02:33 PM
You're probably far enough away from the press box to see everything at both ends of the ice. The truly bad seats are the ones in the upper levels around the press box. Second only to the seats under the balcony at Alfond in uselessness.

steven22
02-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the heads up, much appreciated. Got two seats Upper level, section E, row B. How are those seats, hard to imagine many bad seats in such a small arena.
Your welcome. enjoy the game !

The Zlax45
02-20-2013, 10:20 PM

We still have 3,030 SEATS in the arena so there is plenty of places to move. It is just the fire code is lower as the fire exits on one side are closed.

UML
02-21-2013, 09:28 AM
You're probably far enough away from the press box to see everything at both ends of the ice. The truly bad seats are the ones in the upper levels around the press box. Second only to the seats under the balcony at Alfond in uselessness.
The seats at Matthews next to the press boxes are just as bad.

Jon
02-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Embarrassingly enough, I've never sat on the upper levels at Matthews. Hmmm...

The Freds
02-21-2013, 06:59 PM

Just watch out for those crazy fans in the lower bowl in Section E. I hear all the miscreants are starting to crawl back now that the team is doing well.

satyking
02-22-2013, 12:13 PM
We need 4 points this weekend to make a real try for home ice in the playoffs, anything less and we will be on the road for sure

steven22
02-22-2013, 09:04 PM
We need 4 points this weekend to make a real try for home ice in the playoffs, anything less and we will be on the road for sure

2 down, 2 to go!!

satyking
02-22-2013, 09:09 PM
And they played until the final horn.....they attacked all nite and that is how to play the game

2 down, 2 to go!!