PC Hockey - On the road back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Anyone know why Matt Montesano hasn't played in a game this year? He was on my ticket tonight and just recognized I haven't seen him at all this season.
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Just a heads up if anyone plans on going to the Abbey before the game...DO NOT PARK in the lot on the corner of river and admiral where the terrible new hookah bar Jamra is. Parked there at 5:30 tonight and had a great meal and drinks at the Abbey, left at 6:40 to go to the game and my car was gone...signs on the street say customers only... is that customers to the hookah bar, laselle bakery or the abbey? Some jerk is payed to sit in the lot, which i found and had a long convo with. So I had to get a cab to who knows where in provi ($20) and pay $140.00 to get the car out. Ended up getting to the game about half way through.. Expensive game for me, but at least we won!

Comment

Lady Gaga

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
          Lady Gaga
          purple spandex next?

Comment

I saw in the Projo today that PC's long time equipment manager Bo Riendeau passed away in South Carolina. After 17 years with PC he followed Lou to the Devils organization. He retired to Florida. RIP Bo.

Comment

The Alliance is off this week!
              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                The Alliance is off this week!
                Wait, Lowell fans are rooting for UNH on Saturday? The devil, you say!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Gillies earned himself co rookie of the week

On a side note his successor in waiting continues his up and down rookie year in the USHL. He gave up 7 goals to Sioux Falls. The previous week Nick Ellis had been named the leagues goalie of the week.

The other 2 USHL guys we have coming in actually got on the scoresheet last week. McLaughlin got his 5th goal of the year---his first since he committed. His line for the year is now 5-1-6. McKenzie got an assist to raise his line to 0-4-4.

In the BCHL Josh Monk has 4 goals and 21 assists picking up 3 assists in 2 games

Connor MacPhee was scoreless in 3 games leaving his totals at 8-15-23

The rest of the recruits are tougher to see what they have done: Rufo at Kua, Florentino for Sotheby's Kent, Aldworth at Cushing, Lee at Northwood, Reed at SSM and Pinho at St John's Prep
                  Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                    Gillies earned himself co rookie of the week

On a side note his successor in waiting continues his up and down rookie year in the USHL. He gave up 7 goals to Sioux Falls. The previous week Nick Ellis had been named the leagues goalie of the week.

The other 2 USHL guys we have coming in actually got on the scoresheet last week. McLaughlin got his 5th goal of the year---his first since he committed. His line for the year is now 5-1-6. McKenzie got an assist to raise his line to 0-4-4.

In the BCHL Josh Monk has 4 goals and 21 assists picking up 3 assists in 2 games

Connor MacPhee was scoreless in 3 games leaving his totals at 8-15-23

The rest of the recruits are tougher to see what they have done: Rufo at Kua, Florentino for Sotheby's Kent, Aldworth at Cushing, Lee at Northwood, Reed at SSM and Pinho at St John's Prep
                    We need some snipers and some D-men that can get the puck out of their end...Those two things are holding this team back...Who is going to step in the lineup for Hart the next couple of weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                      We need some snipers and some D-men that can get the puck out of their end...Those two things are holding this team back...Who is going to step in the lineup for Hart the next couple of weeks?
                      I mean, by process of elimination it's Goss...he's the only D left.
                      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                        I mean, by process of elimination it's Goss...he's the only D left.
                        With the way the rest of the D-men have played, I thought Leaman maybe didn't want Goss to play since anyone is better then what Harvey has been giving PC.

Comment

Ironically we grabbed another forward for the future today, Ryan Tait who is presently at Omaha in the USHL (his stats are 0-4-4, but he is 16 in that league). In looking him up he was at the same school, Shattuck as Truman Reed last year. So in the process I found Reed's numbers for this year. He has produced in 41 games 10 goals and 23 assists. Despite all that I am not convinced they won't hold him back a year, let him play in the USHL a year and then come to PC in '14.
                          Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            In case you don't see the Journal Divver gave 3 options. Play Goss for the 1st time, play a kid who is not on the roster but a couple of years ago he was at Elmira (DIII) before transferring to PC, or since Accari is back play 13 forwards. My choice would be at least in Lowell would be go with 5 defensemen, play Mauerman on the power play point as he has been to save some minutes, and have protection for Accari. Then hope Gillies comes up big again. Saturday on the big ice not sure you can do that with just 5 dmen.

As far as recruiting the help for next year. As you can tell most teams are working on '14 and '15's classes and we seem to be also. I am convinced we have money with LaPlante deciding to leave before school began and with Cross leaving and I am thinking with Gillies most likely here another year (he metioned being on next year's WJC team as the #1 goalie) we hold Ellis up a year and get his money. On the defensive side I do think we need one more guy to step in next year. Florentino should be one and with time Reed should be the 2nd guy (then you have McKenzie and Monk for depth), but I've heard one school of thought is Reed would benefit from a year in the USHL, if that is the case I would think they would target a dman who is a little more highly regarded than McKenzie so you do upgrade since you are correct being unable to clear the puck is holding this team back.

I do think Cross' departure does open up possibity of looking to bring in another forward for next year. However it is getting late to get a real impact guy. He has signed late Mauerman, Demopoulos, Kevin Rooney, and McPharland, but all were from the viewpoint of scholarship offers low value. He may be looking to snag someone who decommits late. Beyond that I suspect he expects experience to pay off and get more goals out of the guys he has now. It is our special teams that are killing us, at full strength we play as well as anyone offensively (defense is another story)
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Ironically we grabbed another forward for the future today, Ryan Tait who is presently at Omaha in the USHL (his stats are 0-4-4, but he is 16 in that league). In looking him up he was at the same school, Shattuck as Truman Reed last year. So in the process I found Reed's numbers for this year. He has produced in 41 games 10 goals and 23 assists. Despite all that I am not convinced they won't hold him back a year, let him play in the USHL a year and then come to PC in '14.
                              I just returned from the Lancers game tonight where they defeated Cedar Rapids 5-2. Tait must have been pretty stoked today since he had his best game of the season tonight and notched a couple assists. Here are the local stories about him committing to Providence today:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2013011...idence-college

http://www.lancers.com/leagues/newsl...581&page=67304

I don't want to be negative Nancy and burst anybody's bubble but Tait has arguably had the most nondescript season of any forward playing for the Lancers that has played in as many games this season as he has. He has the worst +/- number of any forward on the team this season, too. In fairness to him, he is only 16 (he doesn't turn 17 until June 1st, even), he isn't a very big guy, 5' 9", 165 lbs. (yet, maybe?), and he hasn't played very consistently on any particular line all season, although he has been out there a fair amount lately on a line with RPI commit Drew Melanson and Minnesota State recruit Luca Frigo. All those guys are negative on the year, as well, on a team with a 19-16-0 record.

It has definitely been an off-year for the Lancers, who are the Minnesota/BC/North Dakota/Michigan/BU, etc. of the USHL

He is definitely a work in progress, it would appear. I know he played really well in high school but he hasn't shown enough yet, IMHO, that I thought anybody would be offering him. A bit of a shocker.

He's been so nondescript that his even being offered was kind of a head scratcher for me and the guy I sat next to at the game tonight since we chatted about it when it was announced at the game.
                              Last edited by Red Cows; 01-16-2013, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                                I just returned from the Lancers game tonight where they defeated Cedar Rapids 5-2. Tait must have been pretty stoked today since he had his best game of the season tonight and notched a couple assists. Here are the local stories about him committing to Providence today:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2013011...idence-college

http://www.lancers.com/leagues/newsl...581&page=67304

I don't want to be negative Nancy and burst anybody's bubble but Tait has arguably had the most nondescript season of any forward playing for the Lancers that has played in as many games this season as he has. He has the worst +/- number of any forward on the team this season, too. In fairness to him, he is only 16 (he doesn't turn 17 until June 1st, even), he isn't a very big guy, 5' 9", 165 lbs. (yet, maybe?), and he hasn't played very consistently on any particular line all season, although he has been out there a fair amount lately on a line with RPI commit Drew Melanson and Minnesota State recruit Luca Frigo. All those guys are negative on the year, as well, on a team with a 19-16-0 record.

It has definitely been an off-year for the Lancers, who are the Minnesota/BC/North Dakota/Michigan/BU, etc. of the USHL

He is definitely a work in progress, it would appear. I know he played really well in high school but he hasn't shown enough yet, IMHO, that I thought anybody would be offering him. A bit of a shocker.

He's been so nondescript that his even being offered was kind of a head scratcher for me and the guy I sat next to at the game tonight since we chatted about it when it was announced at the game.
                                Thanks for the information from an honest observer....

Comment

Working...
                                X