PC Hockey - On the road back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    I'll take it. Good luck to UVM the rest of the way.

Hoffman is a good goalie and Stein did well to backstop a tie. I hope the team and student body have a restful time off. Good job by the Friars to be where they are at this point of the season.
    Harvey is an absolute joke...still can't believe he is getting ice time...two terrible mistakes by him on two of the UVM goals on poor laziness
    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
      Harvey is an absolute joke...still can't believe he is getting ice time...two terrible mistakes by him on two of the UVM goals on poor laziness
      You are exactly correct! As a senior you should never be making the type of mistakes he makes. Last night should of been a 4-2 win, but credit Vermont for dumping the puck into his corner of the
      ice.

Comment

Does anyone recall the last time PC was in fourth place at Christmas?

Comment

The Friars were in the top 4 at Christmas in 2005 and 2007 (I think). This has been a solid first half of the season, but they let a point slip away last night. Anytime you have a two goal at home in the third period, that should be a win. Hopefully, they learn from it and make better late game decisions. This team has a tough second half with 9 of their 16 games on the road and 7 games against the top three in BC, BU and UNH.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
            The Friars were in the top 4 at Christmas in 2005 and 2007 (I think). This has been a solid first half of the season, but they let a point slip away last night. Anytime you have a two goal at home in the third period, that should be a win. Hopefully, they learn from it and make better late game decisions. This team has a tough second half with 9 of their 16 games on the road and 7 games against the top three in BC, BU and UNH.

The last part is very true. Our youthful inconsistency as cost us a few points and now we have a much tougher road to hoe. It is also too bad our veteran Dman have not really stepped up.....though in Harvey's in particular a lot is being asked of a guy who started out as a walk on.....still with his experience you expect him to at least play as a strong #4 man on defense. I also thought Alex played very well in OT....the first 60 minutes----not so much. Team also still needs some guy who can pick this team up and score the big goal. It is grat the offense is so balanced....would not be surprised if by the end of Jan we have 16 guys with 10 points, but no one with 20
            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Doesn't matter if he was a walk on or recruited...point is he is getting quality ice time and doesn't deserve it

Comment

So what is on the Friar's Christmas wish list?

On my wish list is the hope that my schedule and the Friar's schedule will find a mutual date that will allow me to make it to the Coffin.

Comment

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!!!

All the best to you psychos and your families in the coming year!

Comment

My Christmas wish is for the pep band to stop playing Bad Romance and to stop playing during the games/when there is music over the PA system. I also hope athletics will promote a few more games as being "sold out" to make sure that students actually get there on time

...but mostly I just want a fantastic last semester as an undergrad at Providence College. I can't believe it's actually here.

Merry Christmas everyone.
                    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                      . I also hope athletics will promote a few more games as being "sold out" to make sure that students actually get there on time
                      What they do for the rest of the year should be interesting......by having to close 3 exits due to construction they have to lower capacity.....per game we lose 950 seats per game....once the students are back at least 3 of the games should pass that easily
                      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavbim View Post
                        What they do for the rest of the year should be interesting......by having to close 3 exits due to construction they have to lower capacity.....per game we lose 950 seats per game....once the students are back at least 3 of the games should pass that easily
                        Really? Wow. I didn't know that.
                        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Where did you hear this? People were sitting in every section on Thursday

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                            Where did you hear this? People were sitting in every section on Thursday
                            Yes they were but we did not have 2089 people at the game so it doesn't matter where they sit just can't go over----see station night club fire. Look around you will see the signs posted stating new capacity
                            Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Yes they were but we did not have 2089 people at the game so it doesn't matter where they sit just can't go over----see station night club fire. Look around you will see the signs posted stating new capacity
                              Didn't see the new signs so what is the number now? I don't understand why they had to close those doors right now as in a fire I could get through that construction mess lol

Comment

Well my Christmas wish is for a top 4 finish and home ice.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X