PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

PC91
01-19-2013, 11:05 PM
PC came ready to play. Talented squad.

Hard fought win. UNH didn't let up and keep the pressure going to the end. Exciting hockey game and the season series is a long way from over. I expect the game at PC will be another good one on the smaller sheet. UNH deserves their ranking and will be in the thick of things in the NCAA's.

The Zlax45
01-19-2013, 11:36 PM
The last time PC beat UNH I was 15. Last time they beat them at UNH I was 12. Wow.

Last time PC beat UNH at UNH...I was a senior at UNH...

UMLFan
01-20-2013, 01:49 AM
And once the Alliance was back on ... everything was right with the world. Well done Friars!

The Freds
01-20-2013, 07:25 AM
It is exciting to know that once again our Friars can win anywhere any night. Things are looking rosy.

Go-UML
01-20-2013, 07:50 AM
And once the Alliance was back on ... everything was right with the world. Well done Friars!

What he said! ^^^

Jon
01-21-2013, 03:11 PM
And the next opponent: someone else we always lose to. Gotta love Hockey East.

PC91
01-21-2013, 09:22 PM
PC loses to #18 UML, the now #15 team in the country, and beats the then #3 UNH Wildcats in Durham and actually FALLS in the rankings. W_T_F???

Unbelievable!!!

Jon
01-23-2013, 03:03 PM
PC loses to #18 UML, the now #15 team in the country, and beats the then #3 UNH Wildcats in Durham and actually FALLS in the rankings. W_T_F???

Unbelievable!!!

had we not lost to UML, we'd still drop. Stupid polls...

Jon
01-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Good news everyone! The HE blog is picking us to split and get swept respectively!
I feel much better now!

cavbim
01-26-2013, 02:29 PM
In 40 years of regularly going to PC games that was the absolute worst display of school spirit I have ever seen. You know they allowed only X amount of tickets for student and people said they saw some turned away, yet I would say half of them stopped tapping on their iphones and went home after the 2nd period. Was not like this was a game were getting killed in, or a dull dump and chase hockey games. Also was not like this was an unimportant game and it wasn't that late (2nd period ended about 8:20ish) God help if they do want games in Hockey East to start at 7:30 next year, the students will leave after the 1st period. We need a 6:15 start obviously to keep them at the game till it is over

Maybe Providence is too much a basketball school--bball has 2 halves so hockey must have only 2 periods:rolleyes:

They certainly must not have endeared themselves to the powers to be either by once again yelling F BU which they got scolded for after the first game last year

PcFriars13
01-26-2013, 02:43 PM
I wasn't at the game (I was on a bus from DC on the March for Life trip with Campus Ministry) but I know a lot of students are frustrated with the way athletics is handling ticket sales to students. I have never missed a game that I've been on campus for, and if I get shut out because of someone who leaves after a period and a half I'm going to be extremely aggravated. By making the tickets scarce, they've certainly upped the demand for them, but there's no real cohesion of the student section, and frankly, the seats are terrible. You can't see a large chunk of the ice. I've been to games at 9/10 Hockey East schools and I've never seen such bad management of game day environment. There's zero incentive for students to actually attend the game. We're constantly being yelled at for standing/yelling/etc and it's just not fun, plus sitting in front of the pep band while they play at the same time as the PA system is incredibly uncomfortable.

I mean, remember at the first game of the season when athletics waited until the end of the game to give out teeshirts? Yeah, students were initially instructed that their teeshirts from the game would guarantee them admission into Late Night Madness, but that didn't happen. All the students got their shirts and sprinted to alumni hall right after--in the middle of the third period. (I'm a senior and I just barely got in to LNM because I actually stayed to watch the end of the game.) I went to the BU game the next night--where they also gave out shirts--and it was a much better, controlled, happier environment. Something just isn't clicking at PC. It's really frustrating to watch Athletics make the same mistakes over and over again.

The Freds
01-26-2013, 03:13 PM
I wasn't at the game (I was on a bus from DC on the March for Life trip with Campus Ministry) but I know a lot of students are frustrated with the way athletics is handling ticket sales to students. I have never missed a game that I've been on campus for, and if I get shut out because of someone who leaves after a period and a half I'm going to be extremely aggravated. By making the tickets scarce, they've certainly upped the demand for them, but there's no real cohesion of the student section, and frankly, the seats are terrible. You can't see a large chunk of the ice. I've been to games at 9/10 Hockey East schools and I've never seen such bad management of game day environment. There's zero incentive for students to actually attend the game. We're constantly being yelled at for standing/yelling/etc and it's just not fun, plus sitting in front of the pep band while they play at the same time as the PA system is incredibly uncomfortable.

I mean, remember at the first game of the season when athletics waited until the end of the game to give out teeshirts? Yeah, students were initially instructed that their teeshirts from the game would guarantee them admission into Late Night Madness, but that didn't happen. All the students got their shirts and sprinted to alumni hall right after--in the middle of the third period. (I'm a senior and I just barely got in to LNM because I actually stayed to watch the end of the game.) I went to the BU game the next night--where they also gave out shirts--and it was a much better, controlled, happier environment. Something just isn't clicking at PC. It's really frustrating to watch Athletics make the same mistakes over and over again.

Some things never change...

cavbim
01-26-2013, 03:13 PM

In general I understand your complaints, let's face it after 40 years I perfectly aware that the powers to be at PC could screw up a 1 car funeral. I defintely believe that not having enough tickets for students is wrong. You know how many season tickets you have sold, you know what your allottment to the visiting team is (which hopefully has been cut by 1/3). You then have the students pick up their tickets ahead of time (granted this game might be tough to do so since you just got back from break), X number of days before the game what has not been picked up by students then goes on sale to general public. As far as your last paragraph goes look we all know they must have used 3 Stooges shorts as training videos--that has been true since day 1 (a lot less long ago since Lou had some control over what the athletic department did to varying degrees). But he's been gone over 25 years so that is now ingrained.

On the other hand your gripe about the seats and to an extent the Pep band is just a poor excuse. Those have been the students seats since I was a freshman the day they opened Schneider. It didn't keep students away or have them leave early for 35 years. Just what seats would be better....estentially you have the same issue in each part of the arena with much of the press box side being really bad. The Pep band by and large has always sat in that area except when they used a smaller version of it (so it was at every game) in the early 80's and they were in the pit just above the Zamboni. Granted the PA does cause issues since over the years they use it to get announcments made now that they clearly have sold which they did not do in the long ago past and you can't make them during a game I guess in this day and age of modern communication there could be some device between the pressbox and the band director so he knows when they are going to be overlapped by the PA

The Freds
01-26-2013, 03:14 PM
They certainly must not have endeared themselves to the powers to be either by once again yelling F BU which they got scolded for after the first game last year

So BU fans should understand, they chant F BC at every game at Agannis. ;)

cavbim
01-26-2013, 05:24 PM
He is definitely a work in progress, it would appear. I know he played really well in high school but he hasn't shown enough yet, IMHO, that I thought anybody would be offering him. A bit of a shocker.

He's been so nondescript that his even being offered was kind of a head scratcher for me and the guy I sat next to at the game tonight since we chatted about it when it was announced at the game.

Now in 4 games since he committed he has 2 goals and 4 assists. So is he getting more ice time, better linemates, or maybe as a 16 year old he is beginning to adjust?

Jon
01-26-2013, 07:53 PM
So BU fans should understand, they chant F BC at every game at Agannis. ;)
Yes, but it's only okay when they do it for some reason.

Cav's line about the one car funeral was fantastic.

The Zlax45
01-26-2013, 08:38 PM
FYI...before they cut back tickets to the arena, I saw PC students turned away from the BC game....

Anyways, terrible officiating to put BU on the two man advantage...Absolute joke they call those two!

Jon
01-26-2013, 08:44 PM
FYI...before they cut back tickets to the arena, I saw PC students turned away from the BC game....

Anyways, terrible officiating to put BU on the two man advantage...Absolute joke they call those two!

Yeah. It's comical how scared they are of Jackie.

The Freds
01-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Rumor has it that PCObserver was spotted at the games this weekend.. Nice to see old friends back in action.

Jon
01-26-2013, 09:12 PM
That's two goals the refs gave to to BU tonight.