X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    Damian Cross has left the PC program...

So Stein is getting the start on Thursday night since Dylan Wells is coming off an injury
    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...oss_leaves.php

Comment

• Article says nothing about the reason but looks like Leaman is slowly getting rid of the Army kids now...
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

I mean I'm not shocked based off of playtime and such, but I didn't think he'd actually leave...
        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
          I mean I'm not shocked based off of playtime and such, but I didn't think he'd actually leave...
          I do have to say one thing, Leaman seems to get guys into his doghouse and they never get out of it

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
            I do have to say one thing, Leaman seems to get guys into his doghouse and they never get out of it
            That was the knock on Timmy Army and it seemed each year the team would quit on him. So fart that doesn't seem to be the case with Nate.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
              No I think it is closer to cleaning house.....we now have depth so Cross is an extra piece----basically a 6th liner, overaged and thus has bluntly no upside. Worse Army made him a full boat man. Leaman is far better at negotiating scholarship deals then either Army or Pooley. Losing Cross allows him the room to get another highly regarded forward with far more upside.

For Cross it basically is the same deal as with LaPlante. Move now, go to a Canadian college and play. Further I am not sure if Canadian colleges will recognize his medical red shirt season....if they don't he only would have what is left of this season and next

Bottom line for PC to move forward we needed the scholarship opened up
              Last edited by cavbim; 12-17-2012, 04:42 PM.
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

I think Cross was a much better player then some of the guys that have been getting time..aka Schaller! Chris Rooney is getting very little time on the ice also which surprises me

Comment

A must win for Providence tonight if they are to be taken seriously the second half of the season.

Vermont has three wins in HE this season. One of the wins was thanks to our team and despite their struggles Vermont is just two points behind Providence.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                    A must win for Providence tonight if they are to be taken seriously the second half of the season.

Vermont has three wins in HE this season. One of the wins was thanks to our team and despite their struggles Vermont is just two points behind Providence.
                    I believe PC is a heavy underdog tonight as Gillies is a difference maker between the pipes and the drop off from Gillies to Wells/Stein is HUGE!

Comment

Russ Stein is getting the start tonight, per Mark Divver's twitter.

Well played, Mayans.
                      Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        I believe PC is a heavy underdog tonight as Gillies is a difference maker between the pipes and the drop off from Gillies to Wells/Stein is HUGE!
                        Huge drop off between Gillies and Wells...A monumentally huge drop off between Gillies and Stein. Wells is not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                          Huge drop off between Gillies and Wells...A monumentally huge drop off between Gillies and Stein. Wells is not bad.
                          Wells hasn't even gotten a period...I heard he was injured thus the reason he didn't dress for a couple of games lately...

Comment

Originally posted by pcfriars13 View Post
                            well played, mayans.
                            lmao...
                            Originally posted by Hokydad
                            Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              lmao...
                              I try, I try.

Comment

I'll take it. Good luck to UVM the rest of the way.

Hoffman is a good goalie and Stein did well to backstop a tie. I hope the team and student body have a restful time off. Good job by the Friars to be where they are at this point of the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X