PC Hockey - On the road back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
    Last night was a good one for both Providence teams. Both came back from 3-1 deficits against highly-ranked opponents and tied the game in the dying stages.

The only difference is Schneider was sold out, while Meehan couldn't have been a third full. Stop taking fans away from us! :P
    You have a band on skates. We can't compete with that.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
      You have a band on skates. We can't compete with that.
      Hey now, that skating friar with the creepy face is pretty neat. As is the La Salle Academy pep band that often shows up at Schneider.

Comment

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        Hey now, that skating friar with the creepy face is pretty neat. As is the La Salle Academy pep band that often shows up at Schneider.
        In all seriousness, I would LOVE to see the La Salle band permanently installed as the PC hockey band. The PC pep band is almost always a no show and never there on basketball game days. The La Salle band is also hands down better than the PC pep band and these are high school kids! Unless you like hearing the pep band playing the same tired 4 songs over and over and over and over, a change should be made.

It was nice seeing our BC friends and look forward to seeing you at Conte or back at Schneider later in the season. I also enjoyed getting to talk to Cav for the first time in a while and thanks to Chris for coming over to say hi to the grumpy old man and myself!

Nice hustle by both teams last night with great (legal) hitting from both sides. Nice turn out by the students and I hope to see that continue. They are very raw with chants etc. but it was great to have their energy.

13 needs to join us on the FOF room for a soda or stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
          13 needs to join us on the FOF room for a soda or stronger.
          I've been up there many times...clutching a Narragansett...but definitely soon!
          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Why does PC even have a pep band if they don't attend hockey/hoops games? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Comment

Or were you saying that they go to hoops games, but if there's a hoops game at noon, they won't be at a 7 pm hockey game?

Comment

I did LOL at hearing the band play bad romance. Sounded terrible but i could still hear it as i listened to the radio broadcast.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I did LOL at hearing the band play bad romance. Sounded terrible but i could still hear it as i listened to the radio broadcast.
                  Don't.
                  Get.
                  Us.
                  Started.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Or were you saying that they go to hoops games, but if there's a hoops game at noon, they won't be at a 7 pm hockey game?
                    Hit it right on the head. Last weeks hoop game started at 2pm with a hockey game later that evening and they were nowhere to be found!!!

Comment

highlights from last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOQ8f...layer_embedded

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        Don't.
                        Get.
                        Us.
                        Started.
                        I'm always tempted to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1xqI_4btnc
                        whenever they play during the games...like this one person on either the bass or electric guitar WILL NOT STOP during the game. Same with someone on the cymbals. I'm not sure that they realize that people can hear them and they'd like them to please stop during the actual game.
                        and I basically had a panic attack when they were all fooling around before the game and making noise when there was music over the PA system. Too much noise at one time. System overload. It's unacceptable.
                        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                          I'm always tempted to do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1xqI_4btnc
                          whenever they play during the games...like this one person on either the bass or electric guitar WILL NOT STOP during the game. Same with someone on the cymbals. I'm not sure that they realize that people can hear them and they'd like them to please stop during the actual game.
                          and I basically had a panic attack when they were all fooling around before the game and making noise when there was music over the PA system. Too much noise at one time. System overload. It's unacceptable.
                          I agree. With 16:43 to go in the game the crowd is fired up and cheering lets go Friars! Play stops and the PA guy drowns them out with canned music. Really?
                          Providence College
                          National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Per Mike McMahon's Merrimack blog:

Last week, Red Sox COO Sam Kennedy told me that the team was in the planning stage of bringing Frozen Fenway back to the Fenway Park for the winter of 2014.

“We are deep into the planning phase for the possibility of a return of Frozen Fenway in 2014,” Kennedy said. “We will need to secure proper City approvals and complete our negotiations with the many teams who are interested in competing before we will have any formal announcement.”

Hockey East commissioner, in an interview with Merrimack radio’s Mike Machnik on Friday night, confirmed that the league was hoping for the event to return, and that he hoped the teams without prior exposure to the event would be included.

According to several people, Merrimack College is likely to be involved in the event should it be approved and planned.

The preliminary plan, as I’ve been told by several sources, is for Boston College and Notre Dame to play in the nightcap with Merrimack and Providence likely the early game. UMass Lowell is likely to get a game as well.

The plan would give Merrimack, Providence and Lowell – the three teams who have yet to participate in the event – a game on the Fenway ice.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeLogan View Post
                              Per Mike McMahon's Merrimack blog:

Last week, Red Sox COO Sam Kennedy told me that the team was in the planning stage of bringing Frozen Fenway back to the Fenway Park for the winter of 2014.

“We are deep into the planning phase for the possibility of a return of Frozen Fenway in 2014,” Kennedy said. “We will need to secure proper City approvals and complete our negotiations with the many teams who are interested in competing before we will have any formal announcement.”

Hockey East commissioner, in an interview with Merrimack radio’s Mike Machnik on Friday night, confirmed that the league was hoping for the event to return, and that he hoped the teams without prior exposure to the event would be included.

According to several people, Merrimack College is likely to be involved in the event should it be approved and planned.

The preliminary plan, as I’ve been told by several sources, is for Boston College and Notre Dame to play in the nightcap with Merrimack and Providence likely the early game. UMass Lowell is likely to get a game as well.

The plan would give Merrimack, Providence and Lowell – the three teams who have yet to participate in the event – a game on the Fenway ice.
                              Why are all these good things happening after I graduate?

Comment

Last edited by PcFriars13; 12-09-2012, 03:44 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

Working...
                                X