PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

cavbim
12-17-2012, 04:39 PM
I do have to say one thing, Leaman seems to get guys into his doghouse and they never get out of it
No I think it is closer to cleaning house.....we now have depth so Cross is an extra piece----basically a 6th liner, overaged and thus has bluntly no upside. Worse Army made him a full boat man. Leaman is far better at negotiating scholarship deals then either Army or Pooley. Losing Cross allows him the room to get another highly regarded forward with far more upside.

For Cross it basically is the same deal as with LaPlante. Move now, go to a Canadian college and play. Further I am not sure if Canadian colleges will recognize his medical red shirt season....if they don't he only would have what is left of this season and next

Bottom line for PC to move forward we needed the scholarship opened up

The Zlax45
12-17-2012, 06:49 PM
I think Cross was a much better player then some of the guys that have been getting time..aka Schaller! Chris Rooney is getting very little time on the ice also which surprises me

PC91
12-20-2012, 07:52 AM
A must win for Providence tonight if they are to be taken seriously the second half of the season.

Vermont has three wins in HE this season. One of the wins was thanks to our team and despite their struggles Vermont is just two points behind Providence.

The Zlax45
12-20-2012, 10:34 AM
A must win for Providence tonight if they are to be taken seriously the second half of the season.

Vermont has three wins in HE this season. One of the wins was thanks to our team and despite their struggles Vermont is just two points behind Providence.

I believe PC is a heavy underdog tonight as Gillies is a difference maker between the pipes and the drop off from Gillies to Wells/Stein is HUGE!

PcFriars13
12-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Russ Stein is getting the start tonight, per Mark Divver's twitter.

Well played, Mayans.

irishfan85
12-20-2012, 10:55 AM
I believe PC is a heavy underdog tonight as Gillies is a difference maker between the pipes and the drop off from Gillies to Wells/Stein is HUGE!

Huge drop off between Gillies and Wells...A monumentally huge drop off between Gillies and Stein. Wells is not bad.

The Zlax45
12-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Huge drop off between Gillies and Wells...A monumentally huge drop off between Gillies and Stein. Wells is not bad.

Wells hasn't even gotten a period...I heard he was injured thus the reason he didn't dress for a couple of games lately...

jcarter7669
12-20-2012, 12:01 PM
well played, mayans.

lmao...

PcFriars13
12-20-2012, 12:11 PM
lmao...

I try, I try.

PC91
12-20-2012, 08:47 PM
I'll take it. Good luck to UVM the rest of the way.

Hoffman is a good goalie and Stein did well to backstop a tie. I hope the team and student body have a restful time off. Good job by the Friars to be where they are at this point of the season.

The Zlax45
12-20-2012, 09:41 PM
I'll take it. Good luck to UVM the rest of the way.

Hoffman is a good goalie and Stein did well to backstop a tie. I hope the team and student body have a restful time off. Good job by the Friars to be where they are at this point of the season.

Harvey is an absolute joke...still can't believe he is getting ice time...two terrible mistakes by him on two of the UVM goals on poor laziness

steven22
12-21-2012, 06:40 AM
Harvey is an absolute joke...still can't believe he is getting ice time...two terrible mistakes by him on two of the UVM goals on poor laziness

You are exactly correct! As a senior you should never be making the type of mistakes he makes. Last night should of been a 4-2 win, but credit Vermont for dumping the puck into his corner of the
ice.

The Freds
12-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Does anyone recall the last time PC was in fourth place at Christmas?

MikeLogan
12-21-2012, 07:04 AM
The Friars were in the top 4 at Christmas in 2005 and 2007 (I think). This has been a solid first half of the season, but they let a point slip away last night. Anytime you have a two goal at home in the third period, that should be a win. Hopefully, they learn from it and make better late game decisions. This team has a tough second half with 9 of their 16 games on the road and 7 games against the top three in BC, BU and UNH.

cavbim
12-21-2012, 04:35 PM
The Friars were in the top 4 at Christmas in 2005 and 2007 (I think). This has been a solid first half of the season, but they let a point slip away last night. Anytime you have a two goal at home in the third period, that should be a win. Hopefully, they learn from it and make better late game decisions. This team has a tough second half with 9 of their 16 games on the road and 7 games against the top three in BC, BU and UNH.

The last part is very true. Our youthful inconsistency as cost us a few points and now we have a much tougher road to hoe. It is also too bad our veteran Dman have not really stepped up.....though in Harvey's in particular a lot is being asked of a guy who started out as a walk on.....still with his experience you expect him to at least play as a strong #4 man on defense. I also thought Alex played very well in OT....the first 60 minutes----not so much. Team also still needs some guy who can pick this team up and score the big goal. It is grat the offense is so balanced....would not be surprised if by the end of Jan we have 16 guys with 10 points, but no one with 20

The Zlax45
12-21-2012, 05:06 PM
Doesn't matter if he was a walk on or recruited...point is he is getting quality ice time and doesn't deserve it

The Freds
12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
So what is on the Friar's Christmas wish list?

On my wish list is the hope that my schedule and the Friar's schedule will find a mutual date that will allow me to make it to the Coffin.

PC91
12-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all!!!

All the best to you psychos and your families in the coming year!

PcFriars13
12-24-2012, 09:30 AM
My Christmas wish is for the pep band to stop playing Bad Romance and to stop playing during the games/when there is music over the PA system. I also hope athletics will promote a few more games as being "sold out" to make sure that students actually get there on time:rolleyes: ;)

...but mostly I just want a fantastic last semester as an undergrad at Providence College. I can't believe it's actually here.

Merry Christmas everyone.

cavbim
12-24-2012, 12:47 PM
. I also hope athletics will promote a few more games as being "sold out" to make sure that students actually get there on time:rolleyes: ;)

What they do for the rest of the year should be interesting......by having to close 3 exits due to construction they have to lower capacity.....per game we lose 950 seats per game....once the students are back at least 3 of the games should pass that easily