PC Hockey - On the road back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Freds View Post
    As to my original post, what she (PCFriars13) said.

Sorry, no offense intended
    None taken!
    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

I'd like to hear it from a Providence fan: were the refs giving the game to the Friars, or was it just me (and everyone around me)?

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        I'd like to hear it from a Providence fan: were the refs giving the game to the Friars, or was it just me (and everyone around me)?
        PC fan here. No the refs were not giving the game to PC. Brown had 4 power plays and did nothing with them. The spraying of ice in Gillies' face in the 3rd period was absolute bush league. Once the score turned into 3-0, Brown decide to play hack hockey. Good luck with the balance of your season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
          I wonder if the mayor was there to present the trophy?
          Yes he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
            Giving PC the game? I don't know what you are talking about as Brown gooned it up after the first period.

The non-call to the back of Murphy's head was ridiculous to not get called. The punch of the PC player right in front of the PC bench, the headlock that a Brown player put on a PC player, the spraying of the goalie way after the whistle, which of these calls shouldn't have been made?

I have seen alot of college hockey in the last 25 years especially in Hockey East and borderline disgusted with the way Brown acted on the ice...frustration is one thing but playing dirty is just a disgrace!

At least PC didn't have any ejections even though Harvey should have been tossed for facemasking in that scrum
            Last edited by The Zlax45; 11-24-2012, 08:04 PM.
            Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
              None taken!
              Hey, at least we have a female posting now in this thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                Hey, at least we have a female posting now in this thread!
                I mean to be fair I've been here for like three years...and I've been a girl this whole time. :-p
                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                  I mean to be fair I've been here for like three years...and I've been a girl this whole time. :-p
                  This is true but we just found this out! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    Giving PC the game? I don't know what you are talking about as Brown gooned it up after the first period.

The non-call to the back of Murphy's head was ridiculous to not get called. The punch of the PC player right in front of the PC bench, the headlock that a Brown player put on a PC player, the spraying of the goalie way after the whistle, which of these calls shouldn't have been made?

I have seen alot of college hockey in the last 25 years especially in Hockey East and borderline disgusted with the way Brown acted on the ice...frustration is one thing but playing dirty is just a disgrace!

At least PC didn't have any ejections even though Harvey should have been tossed for facemasking in that scrum
                    Funny, I had similar thoughts about the way PC played. Maybe it was just an ugly game from both sides, since we both walked away disgusted with the opponent.

Comment

Yes, but one group walked away with a win and a trophy no one cares about. Meh.

Given the garbage we usually put up with in ECAC games, this was almost NHL caliber.

Fred- first game of the year!

Is it too late for me to pretend to be a woman?
                      Last edited by Jon; 11-24-2012, 08:38 PM.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                      -Blackadder
                      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                      -Casablanca
                      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon View Post
                        Yes, but one group walked away with a win and a trophy no one cares about. Meh.

Given the garbage we usually put up with in ECAC games, this was almost NHL caliber.

Fred- first game of the year!

Is it too late for me to pretend to be a woman?
                        Whadday mean no one cares about the trophy! Some people live for this tournament!

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                          Whadday mean no one cares about the trophy! Some people live for this tournament!
                          They were sold out of the championship tshirt. Sorry
                          Providence College
                          National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

So I have an idea for the NEW lobby or the Locker Room Area at Scheinder Arena...put four trophy cases out there.

One for the Mayor's Cup
                            Regular Season Hockey East Championship Trophy
                            Postseason Hockey East Championship Trophy
                            NCAA National Championship Trophy

Where does PC store the most important trophy in the city of Providence?

Comment

This might only be interesting to me but one of the refs was only 22 or 23 years old today. Crazy to see him doing D-1 hockey at that young of age...People around me thought he was 14 years old.

http://www.thesomervillenews.com/archives/11865

Comment

He has to be better than Bunyon

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                This might only be interesting to me but one of the refs was only 22 or 23 years old today. Crazy to see him doing D-1 hockey at that young of age...People around me thought he was 14 years old.

http://www.thesomervillenews.com/archives/11865

Comment

Working...
                                X