PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

The Freds
11-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Don't look now, but PC almost cracked the USCHO top 20 this week.

MCHOCKEY
11-28-2012, 07:32 AM
The Freds and Jon...been a long time fellas...hope the holiday season is treating you both well...looks like a fun weekend coming up with the Friars and Warriors playing a home and home...I'm going to try to make it down there on Saturday...but not sure if that is possible yet...plus, since my mom's passing in September, I've sort of been avoiding going to games b/c it reminds me of her and the numerous MC games we went to over the years...but I guess I gotta pick myself up, dust myself off, and get back to watching the greatest game in the world...so hopefully I'll see you guys there on Saturday. It will be a bittersweet moment for sure...and who knows, hopefully the Warriors can surprise me with at least a couple points this weekend ;) Happy Holidays guys!!

PC91
11-28-2012, 11:46 AM
MCH I'm very sorry to read of your mother's passing. Words cannot accurately express the sentiments I'd like to convey but please know, from those of us who unfortunately have experience in this area, that you are on our minds and we are wishing you and your family all the best. Do ALL the things that remind you of her cause that where our loved ones go to reconnect with us. Try it and see. Again, please accept my condolences.

On to hockey. Hope to see you at Schneider on Saturday if you can make it. I'd love to go Friday night but worried about getting up there and not getting in. Your team is pretty good these days. :D
This should be a great weekend of hockey between these two teams.

theprofromdover
11-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Hey, at least we have a female posting now in this thread!

PC91 has been posting here for a long time.

PC91
11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=theprofromdover;5561031]PC91 has been posting here for a long time.[/QUOTE

**** that's cold. :p

Jon
11-28-2012, 06:54 PM
The Freds and Jon...been a long time fellas...hope the holiday season is treating you both well...looks like a fun weekend coming up with the Friars and Warriors playing a home and home...I'm going to try to make it down there on Saturday...but not sure if that is possible yet...plus, since my mom's passing in September, I've sort of been avoiding going to games b/c it reminds me of her and the numerous MC games we went to over the years...but I guess I gotta pick myself up, dust myself off, and get back to watching the greatest game in the world...so hopefully I'll see you guys there on Saturday. It will be a bittersweet moment for sure...and who knows, hopefully the Warriors can surprise me with at least a couple points this weekend ;) Happy Holidays guys!!

I'm so sorry to hear that. Hopefully, we'll see you on Saturday.

Are we thinking split this weekend?

The Freds
11-28-2012, 07:57 PM

So sorry to hear about your mom. That's lousy. Life does go on though. Whenever I'm at a college game, I always think of my dad and all the years we went to games together. Even though it has been almost six years since he left us, he seems to show up in some strange ways every now and then. Just ask Netman. It should be a good weekend. Sorry I won't be there to say hi.

MCHOCKEY
11-29-2012, 06:21 AM
To Fred, John and PC91...thank you all for your kind words and sentiments...means a lot...

On to the games...Jon, do I expect a split? Honestly, no...MC has struggled as of late to pick up a "W"...they take a nice 3-0 lead on BC only to have BC come back and beat them 4-3...then they struggle offensively against Colgate ending in a 1-1 tie.

Could they split? Sure...I'd actually be thrilled with 2 points this weekend...but PC has a good team down there so we can't "Expect" anything.

Hope to see you Sat. night, but it's looking less and less likely :(

The Zlax45
11-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Demoupolous is likely coming back this weekend for PC...I consider him PC's best or second best offensive threat so that should help with the depth which seems much better this season!

steven22
11-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Nice Win!!!!

The Freds
11-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Good start to the weekend. Looking forward to a game report.

Jon
11-30-2012, 10:40 PM
Two points down...

The Zlax45
11-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Good start to the weekend. Looking forward to a game report.

I thought PC was the better team throughout the night...The PC power play was not on point tonight at all and really is starting to hurt this team. I still believe Harvey needs to be much better in his own end.

Merrimack got both of their goals when a Warrior player was all alone in front of Gillies.

Reffing was a little too tight tonight...

The Zlax45
12-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Also the ice at Lawler was terrible...Bouncing puck all night long

PC91
12-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Nice win by the Friars against a solid team last night. I expect that Merrimack is going to come out swinging tonight at Schneider. These teams always play each other tough. The Friars will really have to earn it tonight if they are able to sweep the weekend.

I'm glad that the schedule worked out so that PC is playing the Mack this weekend. With the Friars playing BC next weekend, the Warriors serve as a barometer as to where the team currently stands against a HE team expected to make noise in the league this year. Tonight is going to be good night of hockey!!!

squidjigger
12-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Good day for a friar double header. Mens bball at 12pm vs Mississippi St., then hockey at 7 with plenty of time in between to hit up some of the old watering holes.

MCgrad07
12-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Good Win for your team last night. My thoughts from last night were:

1. The refs were odd last night. The did not call much until the Bigos penalty. After that call they wanted to see who could blow the whistle the most. Both coaches spent more time yelling at the refs than doing anything else.

2. Providence dominated special teams. Merrimack had that long powerplay at the end of the second and did nothing and Providence scored on their five minute powerplay.

3. Tonight game should be another physical contest that I believe could go either way.

Also tonight is my first time at your barn and I am excited to see your place. I know your parking will be better than ours because my house has better parking, but how is it and how much does it cost? Going to the Trinity Brewhouse because I am a beer drinker and growler collector. Thoughts on that establishment?

The Zlax45
12-01-2012, 01:51 PM
Good Win for your team last night. My thoughts from last night were:

1. The refs were odd last night. The did not call much until the Bigos penalty. After that call they wanted to see who could blow the whistle the most. Both coaches spent more time yelling at the refs than doing anything else.

2. Providence dominated special teams. Merrimack had that long powerplay at the end of the second and did nothing and Providence scored on their five minute powerplay.

3. Tonight game should be another physical contest that I believe could go either way.

Also tonight is my first time at your barn and I am excited to see your place. I know your parking will be better than ours because my house has better parking, but how is it and how much does it cost? Going to the Trinity Brewhouse because I am a beer drinker and growler collector. Thoughts on that establishment?

Free parking at PC

Scarlet
12-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Demoupolous

::head desk::

Guys, do I have to check on this all the time??? Or are you just doing it to taunt me?

:)

Jon
12-01-2012, 02:23 PM
::head desk::

Guys, do I have to check on this all the time??? Or are you just doing it to taunt me?

:)

Our hidden agenda: mess with opposite girl.

My first trip to the Coffin this year and I'm wondering if parking is the same mess it always was.,