Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hockey articles in projo

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    Shut out by a weak team? They had what 1 shot on 5 power plays? They had 3 shots in the first period, 4 more in the second? Not only did they get shut out they got thoroughly dominated despite the ridiculous job the refs did. Not to be a dick, but if you firmly believe your team got beat by a weaker team, get ready for a repeat of the Army era and stop putting so much faith in preseason polls because PC was outplayed for at least 5 periods of hockey this weekend. They happened to win on Friday.
    Who pis sed in his Cheerios?
    Providence College
    National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

• Re: Hockey articles in projo

It may be the only time a Vermont fan gets to brag all year, lets just ignore his ignorance

Originally posted by Netman View Post
      Who pis sed in his Cheerios?

Comment

• Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
        Wait what am I supposed to look up? That they had 3 shots in the 1st or 4 in the 2nd? Or was I supposed look up whether they are head hunting hacks? Or I'm sorry was I supposed to look up Sneddon's record?

Sorry If I offended anyone but if you think you lost this weekend because you played poorly against a weak team you are deluding yourself. PC's not a bad team, but UVM isn't the 10th place team either and the difference between 8 and 4th in this league is nil

Steven22 grow a thicker skin or learn to wear a helmet. And if you are going to try and refute something I said at least stay on topic. Vermont was outshot 24-21... that doesn't address a single thing I said. Nice point, but your argument would have been more meaningful if you had said " they may have been outshot in the 1st and 2nd but they peppered Hoffman in the 3rd with 17."
        Unreal. Good luck with your team. LOL. Memo, it's only one game, relax. Hope to see you in Providence December 20, we can talk about helmets and thick skin then. Hope you can make it.

Comment

• Re: PC Hockey - On the road back

Vermont ranked 10th in the HE preseason poll.
          PC Ranked 6th in the same poll.

Vermont 1-2-2 (Lone will vs. PC. Hats off to Hoffman.)
          PC 4-3-1 Losses to Miami and BU (and now Vermont in what I feel was an off game against UVM)

I stand by my statement of Vermont being a weaker team than the Friars this season. Vermont has a great tradition but is not expected to make any noise in HE this season. The coaches in HE seem to agree with me but we'll see how it plays out.

Hope to see you in Providence for the third game jcarter. I'd love to buy you a beer. All the best to your Catamounts and here's to a great third game.

Comment

Friars get 35 votes in this weeks USCHO poll. Just a couple of spots out of the top 20. That is nice.

Comment

Fred- Woot!

I'm not sure we're in the position where we should be "expecting" wins against anyone, regardless of record. Then again, I've been so damaged by post 2001 Friars hockey that my expectations aren't so high. I enjoyed being proven wrong last season, I'll say that much!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Hope to see some of you in Amherst tonight. Go Friars.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  Hope to see some of you in Amherst tonight. Go Friars.
                  Oh, I wish. I couldn't find anyone willing to go with me and I feel like it'd be awkward going to games alone. I'm only two rinks away from seeing the Friars play in every Hockey East arena.
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Don't ever be afraid to attend anything alone. Often times you'll find that you were your own best companion.

I went to few games alone and the Freds, netman, pc observer (along with the rest of the crazies from section E) kind of adopted me. I may not have met them if they hadn't been kind enough to approach a stray. We've been amigos ever since and now I'm watching their kids grow up .... and it makes me feel old so on second thought don't EVER go anywhere without a slew of friends with you.

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                      I'm only two rinks away from seeing the Friars play in every Hockey East arena.
                      Great job. what two rinks are you missing. I'll assume UMass is one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                        Don't ever be afraid to attend anything alone. Often times you'll find that you were your own best companion.

I went to few games alone and the Freds, netman, pc observer (along with the rest of the crazies from section E) kind of adopted me. I may not have met them if they hadn't been kind enough to approach a stray. We've been amigos ever since and now I'm watching their kids grow up .... and it makes me feel old so on second thought don't EVER go anywhere without a slew of friends with you.
                        I think the first time I met you your eyballs were frozen in Orono, Maine. Had to take pity on you. Man it was cold that night. Literally, frozen. Agreed that solo travel can be fun as you always run into someone.

Comment

The team looks like they are having trouble getting out of their own way. Snowshoes Harvey and Hart are struggling on D and PC has no offense to speak of.
                          7:57 left in the 2nd. They need to get it together down 2 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                            Great job. what two rinks are you missing. I'll assume UMass is one of them.
                            UMass and Merrimack! The Friar Faithful is planning a student trip to Merrimack for the game on the 30th, and I'll probably end up dragging my little brother down to the game at UMass in January, so I'll get them all soon.
                            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

In hindsight, I'm rather glad I didn't make the trek to Amherst. What on earth is going on?!

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                                In hindsight, I'm rather glad I didn't make the trek to Amherst. What on earth is going on?!
                                While we're not as good as we showed against Maine, I doubt we're as bad as the last two games.

What was it that cavbim said once? This team has been afraid of consistent success for 50 years and counting?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                                -Blackadder
                                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                                -Casablanca
                                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Working...
                                X