PDA

View Full Version : PC Hockey - On the road back

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

PcFriars13
11-24-2012, 06:46 PM
As to my original post, what she (PCFriars13) said.

Sorry, no offense intended

None taken!

kdiff77
11-24-2012, 07:04 PM
I'd like to hear it from a Providence fan: were the refs giving the game to the Friars, or was it just me (and everyone around me)?

steven22
11-24-2012, 07:27 PM
I'd like to hear it from a Providence fan: were the refs giving the game to the Friars, or was it just me (and everyone around me)?

PC fan here. No the refs were not giving the game to PC. Brown had 4 power plays and did nothing with them. The spraying of ice in Gillies' face in the 3rd period was absolute bush league. Once the score turned into 3-0, Brown decide to play hack hockey. Good luck with the balance of your season.

steven22
11-24-2012, 07:28 PM
I wonder if the mayor was there to present the trophy?

Yes he was.

The Zlax45
11-24-2012, 08:15 PM

Giving PC the game? I don't know what you are talking about as Brown gooned it up after the first period.

The non-call to the back of Murphy's head was ridiculous to not get called. The punch of the PC player right in front of the PC bench, the headlock that a Brown player put on a PC player, the spraying of the goalie way after the whistle, which of these calls shouldn't have been made?

I have seen alot of college hockey in the last 25 years especially in Hockey East and borderline disgusted with the way Brown acted on the ice...frustration is one thing but playing dirty is just a disgrace!

At least PC didn't have any ejections even though Harvey should have been tossed for facemasking in that scrum

The Zlax45
11-24-2012, 08:16 PM
None taken!

Hey, at least we have a female posting now in this thread!

PcFriars13
11-24-2012, 08:34 PM
Hey, at least we have a female posting now in this thread!

I mean to be fair I've been here for like three years...and I've been a girl this whole time. :-p

The Zlax45
11-24-2012, 08:42 PM
I mean to be fair I've been here for like three years...and I've been a girl this whole time. :-p

This is true but we just found this out! Lol

kdiff77
11-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Giving PC the game? I don't know what you are talking about as Brown gooned it up after the first period.

The non-call to the back of Murphy's head was ridiculous to not get called. The punch of the PC player right in front of the PC bench, the headlock that a Brown player put on a PC player, the spraying of the goalie way after the whistle, which of these calls shouldn't have been made?

I have seen alot of college hockey in the last 25 years especially in Hockey East and borderline disgusted with the way Brown acted on the ice...frustration is one thing but playing dirty is just a disgrace!

At least PC didn't have any ejections even though Harvey should have been tossed for facemasking in that scrum

Funny, I had similar thoughts about the way PC played. Maybe it was just an ugly game from both sides, since we both walked away disgusted with the opponent.

Jon
11-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Yes, but one group walked away with a win and a trophy no one cares about. Meh.

Given the garbage we usually put up with in ECAC games, this was almost NHL caliber.

Fred- first game of the year!

Is it too late for me to pretend to be a woman?

The Freds
11-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Yes, but one group walked away with a win and a trophy no one cares about. Meh.

Given the garbage we usually put up with in ECAC games, this was almost NHL caliber.

Fred- first game of the year!

Is it too late for me to pretend to be a woman?

Whadday mean no one cares about the trophy! Some people live for this tournament!

Netman
11-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Whadday mean no one cares about the trophy! Some people live for this tournament!

They were sold out of the championship tshirt. Sorry

The Zlax45
11-25-2012, 12:12 AM
So I have an idea for the NEW lobby or the Locker Room Area at Scheinder Arena...put four trophy cases out there.

One for the Mayor's Cup
Regular Season Hockey East Championship Trophy
Postseason Hockey East Championship Trophy
NCAA National Championship Trophy

Where does PC store the most important trophy in the city of Providence?

The Zlax45
11-25-2012, 12:47 AM
This might only be interesting to me but one of the refs was only 22 or 23 years old today. Crazy to see him doing D-1 hockey at that young of age...People around me thought he was 14 years old.

http://www.thesomervillenews.com/archives/11865

satyking
11-25-2012, 07:30 AM
He has to be better than Bunyon

This might only be interesting to me but one of the refs was only 22 or 23 years old today. Crazy to see him doing D-1 hockey at that young of age...People around me thought he was 14 years old.

Jon
11-25-2012, 08:25 AM
They were sold out of the championship tshirt. Sorry

Mrs. Jon's Christmas shopping just got harder. Sigh...

The Freds
11-25-2012, 09:39 AM
He has to be better than Bunyon

And Benedetto

The Freds
11-25-2012, 09:51 AM

Over the years and in too many hockey arenas, I have not been shy about sharing my opinion of the quality of the guys in stripes. That being said, for this young guy to be refereeing at this level at his age is quite an accomplishement. Thanks for sharing the article Zlax, it is worth reading.

Now I do look forward to letting the young man know just want kind of a lousy job he is doing when I see him in some rink somewhere. ;)

cavbim
11-25-2012, 11:22 AM
I did not see the game but got updates by following Mark Divver's twitter. Just by the fact he covers both teams and I would say his goal is to publicize positively (and he certainly has given Brown good pub) the college game. My take from his account was that Brown lost their discipline. Early on he called the Lappin and Acciari non penalties. However as the lead up to the 3rd Friar goal he said Brown needed to play smarter and he called Crowley out for putting Brown 2men by snowing Gillies.
Now my guess is someone from Brown carefully scouted the PC Quinnipiac game and decided that was how you beat PC. Trouble for Brown is they are not as physical as the Q, not as experienced and not as fast. Where the Bobcats were a step faster than PC, it was PC who was a. Step faster Brown. Add in from Divver's account PC laid some big hits on brown, he specifically referenced Acciari's game and a Chris Rooney hit on the much bigger Hathaway, then throw in the game slipping away in the 2nd period and you have a recipe for a team intent on playing a physical but on very frustrated and just lose their discipline.

Anyway from a Providence perspective compared to past years 13 goals in 5 games is a pretty good pace, however being shutout 3 times goes to the inconsistency of a young team.

Is interesting though in the 2 games PC scored Chris Rooney dressed and played a role. Should be hard to get him out of the lineup, Still I suspect Demopoulos could be back this week (it has been the 6 weeks) and that makes for some tough lineup decisions.

Also Schaller and Harvey, and they did have the misconducts, we're 2 of the 5 Friars not to get a point.

Coming into the season Harvey in name was our top Dman but if this team progresses as we all hope it is very possible that by year end he could have Fallen to much lower. Let's face it by now at 24 Harvey is what he is, on the other hand we have 2 promising freshman and Hart came in at only 19 (even Velischek came young)

Over a third of our goals have been scored by Freshman.....the seniors have only 5 and 2 of those are by Murphy playing his first year at PC and who has less experience than most of our sophomores

The Zlax45
11-26-2012, 01:11 AM
Any chance Will Goss might see ice time this year?
Montesano?
Brooks Behling?

I know we are deeper but these guys are the only three I don't have a clue about their status Just wondering...