Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#15 Wisconsin vs NMU in Green Bay: On Paper, This is a Home Game....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #15 Wisconsin vs NMU in Green Bay: On Paper, This is a Home Game....

But I'm really curious as to what the actual turnout will be for both sides.... I'm sure more than a few people will be pro-Wisconsin....

Looking forward to opening the season against the Badgers again.... I'll be making the trip up north this weekend.... Not sure what to expect for Northern this season... We got several questions that need to be answered over the next few weeks here.... Mainly, where will our offense come from?

As for Wisconsin.... Well, I think I'm supposed to hate you for ruining NCAA Hockey or something,

All in all, should be a fun series...

Comment Away
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: #15 Wisconsin vs NMU in Green Bay: On Paper, This is a Home Game....

If it's any consolation, NCAA is trying to do a number on us. I guess that makes us even or something?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I think UW will do just fine in this series. Sounds like NM's weakness is goal-scoring and UW's got excellent goaltending, so that's a leg up for UW. UW's d may be a little light on experience, but if NM is light on goal scoring, this will be a nice get your feet wet weekend for the D corp to gel a bit. I don't think UW will have any goal scoring issues, even with missing Mr. Kerdiles. Anything less than a sweep for UW would be disappointing.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Group of 12 with my family coming for Sat night. We had to get actual seats, was told the Beer Pen was sold out. Could be a pretty good crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Crainer View Post
          Group of 12 with my family coming for Sat night. We had to get actual seats, was told the Beer Pen was sold out. Could be a pretty good crowd.
          I heard saturday was near capacity. Since Tomahawk isn't on this board, he's having a roadkill tailgate in the Day's Inn parking lot on saturday before the game. Northern fans are welcome as well, unless you show up w/ anyone affliated with the NCAA. Both you and them will be beaten badly and stuffed in garbage cans. Just saying...
          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
          Originally posted by UWisco
          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
            I heard saturday was near capacity. Since Tomahawk isn't on this board, he's having a roadkill tailgate in the Day's Inn parking lot on saturday before the game. Northern fans are welcome as well, unless you show up w/ anyone affliated with the NCAA. Both you and them will be beaten badly and stuffed in garbage cans. Just saying...
            Yea, just getting up to speed on that whole deal with the NCAA... I'm sorry that you guys are victim to an asinine NCAA decision.... Got to assume that he was going to see some minutes during this series?

Also slightly tempted to take you up on the offer of a garbage can ride... That sounds like a larf

Comment

Bucky got no kiss, no chocolates and roses, no dinner and a movie from the NCAA. WHAM! Total BS!
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

No, but Kerdiles got dinner, which is the problem.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I think this series might actually be closer then people expect. Northern has about the same amount of goal scorers coming back as the Badgers. Vigier (13 g), Thurber (11), and Seckel (8). The badgers have Zengerle (13), Mersch (14) and Barnes (11). As for freshman that can put the puck in the net, I think Northern has the leg up now due to the recent events. Realistically if Northern can play very good defense, I can see a split for this series.
                  NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                    I think this series might actually be closer then people expect. Northern has about the same amount of goal scorers coming back as the Badgers. Vigier (13 g), Thurber (11), and Seckel (8). The badgers have Zengerle (13), Mersch (14) and Barnes (11). As for freshman that can put the puck in the net, I think Northern has the leg up now due to the recent events. Realistically if Northern can play very good defense, I can see a split for this series.
                    Based on your info, I would agree. UW will also be missing another top end Fr F Friday for sure, and possibly Saturday. Mr. Zulinick is not being personally responsible off the ice in regards to class & meetings, so he's riding the pine Friday for sure.

No tv for this series, eh?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I heard saturday was near capacity.
                      I dunno, online it looks like there's plenty available yet. The 4 "best" that it shows are 4 rows behind the bench. Hopefully it's a good crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                        I dunno, online it looks like there's plenty available yet. The 4 "best" that it shows are 4 rows behind the bench. Hopefully it's a good crowd.
                        Last time we did the series in GB, Saturday was near capacity and a good margin larger than Friday...

Anyways, here we are on gameday.... Looking forward to another season of Wildcat hockey.... This season is going to be different due to the impending shuffle of teams... I'm sure there will be quite a swing in emotions for us fans... Guess it's time to buckle up and enjoy the ride

See y'all in GB tonight

Comment

I will be at tonight's game cheering on the Wildcats! I know that Wisconsin is polled higher, but the season is barely started and I think, if Jared Coreau steps up big, the Cats could be very strong this season.
                          Go Cats!

Comment

Good start to the season for the Cats! Solid goaltending and strong D kept it close for the Cats til they snuck a couple past the Badger goalie. Rumpel seemed to fight the puck tonite.

This is the way the Cats are going to have to win games this year. Tight D and solid goaltending with an occasional goal.

Comment

Eaves was awfully ****ed in his presser. Good thing I forgot my headphones so I can't transcribe it....

Comment

Working...
                              X