X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Lawrence Hockey

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    There are too many (actually three) CU's in the ECAC.

I am assuming you're referring to CUred rather than CUgreen?
    Yes Joe, I'm talking CU Red. The only thing I care for as far as CU Green is your head coach, who happened to play for CU Red.
    Saints fans - I noticed that Tommy Thompson is not listed on the roster that is presently on the SLU website. It's a partial roster so I'm not sure if it's an oversight or if he is not returning to the team this year. Does anyone know of his status?

Comment

http://sbn.to/16kiMWy

Greg Carey listed #1 in top 5 for Hobey candidates from the ECAC.
      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

RPI blog Without a Peer's yearly post about SLU http://www.withoutapeer.com/2013/09/...-lawrence.html.

I have no connection to WaP except as a reader.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu888FzKCzM

A highlight of freshman Gavin Bayreuther while playing with Cedar Rapids of the USHL last year. Gavin's highlight is 1 minute in. Hope this helps fans with Saints hockey withdrawal until the opener on 10-5!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
            Joe, I couldn't resist ---------- why isn't Clarkson in Canton?
            Because you beat us into town. And since we are (were) an engineering and technical school it made sense to locate in Potsdam (German engineering) plus the nearness to Potsdam Sandstone for our original buildings.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by BvillePucks View Post
              Yes Joe, I'm talking CU Red. The only thing I care for as far as CU Green is your head coach, who happened to play for CU Red.
              Saints fans - I noticed that Tommy Thompson is not listed on the roster that is presently on the SLU website. It's a partial roster so I'm not sure if it's an oversight or if he is not returning to the team this year. Does anyone know of his status?
              BvillePuck, Your right, no T. Thomson
              on the roster, I haven't heard anything, Any one out there know if he left school or not?.He was a really fast forward----
              brashersaintsfan

Comment

https://twitter.com/SkatingSaints

The Saints had a team-building event at Fort Drum the other day. Coach Carvel put lots of pics up on his twitter account.

Comment

ya gotta love Brandon Bollig for this as he does his best Patrick Kane impression..... http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-...as-well-as-pat
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlisle View Post
                    You need to know about Sergi's Pizza Rolls, Josie's Little Pizzeria, McCarthy's Restaurant and Jreck Subs (get the hot peppers). You should take time during daylight to walk around the St. Lawrence campus, which is beautiful and full of interesting architecture. Check out Herring Cole, the Chapel, the Student Center. There are home football and soccer games the weekend Maine is in town. The soccer team is one of the top DIII teams in the country. Check out the SLU bookstore. There is a great Frederick Remington Museum 20 minutes away in Ogdensburg. You've got the Lake Placid Olympic venues 90 minutes to the Southeast. Or, you could just go to Montreal.
                    My understanding is that McCarthy's has closed.
                    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BvillePucks View Post
                      My understanding is that he is still there. I'd go with that until proven wrong.

Comment

Tommy Thompson is not back. He was told to take some time off after some academic struggles, outside shot he is back for the Spring semester but it is far from set in stone.
                        Mr. Hoot Owl says, "Scary isn't it ?!? You never know!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenBear View Post
                          Tommy Thompson is not back. He was told to take some time off after some academic struggles, outside shot he is back for the Spring semester but it is far from set in stone.
                          I don't think he will play this year. That's all I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                            My understanding is that McCarthy's has closed.
                            My father was a waiter for McCarthy's restaurant for over 25 years and yes it has closed a few years ago. He has since retired and is enjoying life. Although he misses his customers that he got to know very well. It has now been renovated into a funeral home for those wondering what the building is used for now.
                            St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                            4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                            2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                            16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                            9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                            2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

On another note ... Is it just me or does the media poll picking us to finish in 10th seem a bit off?
                              St. Lawrence Skating Saints Hockey

6 time ECAC Champions: 1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001
                              4 time ECAC Runner-Ups: 1964, 1987, 1991, 1999
                              2 time ECAC Cleary Cup Champions: 2000, 2007
                              16 NCAA Tournament Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1983, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1992, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2007
                              9 NCAA Frozen Four Appearances: 1952, 1955, 1956, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1988, 2000
                              2 time NCAA Tournament Runner-Ups: 1961, 1988

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
                                On another note ... Is it just me or does the media poll picking us to finish in 10th seem a bit off?
                                Well, in any given year, you can usually place the top 4-5 teams in those slots, then the 6-10 spots you might as well draw out of a hat, and usually you can guess the bottom 2 or so. I don't have an issue with it. Worst case, they correctly guessed the impact of losing Flanny and Hughes. Best case, it becomes bulletin board material and we challenge for a bye again.

Comment

Working...
                                X