X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Lawrence Hockey

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Will they be doing an independent live stream?
    What do you mean by independent live stream?

I suspect that SLU's radio play by play and color will serve as the audio feed for the HD video broadcast.
    SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceman View Post
      What do you mean by independent live stream?

I suspect that SLU's radio play by play and color will serve as the audio feed for the HD video broadcast.
      I mean are you going to sell it to a stream ruining company like B2? (or A1 or whatever the heck they call themselves now)

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        What's the ticket situation like for SLU games? I'm thinking about coming over for the series against Maine but not sure how hard it will be to get tickets. I don't think I would have great odds getting them through the Maine ticket office as I'm not a season ticket holder anymore. That weekend is homecoming which I'm sure attracts some people. Thank you very much for the help.
        Whenever I go up for RPI/SLU, I just get general admission tickets when I arrive; they have plenty available. There are a few areas that allow seating for Gen-Ad, but the rest is SRO. The sight lines aren't the best, but it's a really nice building.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Whenever I go up for RPI/SLU, I just get general admission tickets when I arrive; they have plenty available. There are a few areas that allow seating for Gen-Ad, but the rest is SRO. The sight lines aren't the best, but it's a really nice building.
          Even for a homecoming weekend, I doubt the rink will truly sell out. Pretty much the only games that you really need to be there early for to get GA tickets are the Clarkson game(s).

That said, my usual lurking spot is just inside the blue line behind the student section. Hard to see the near side far corner, but other than that it is a pretty good view. I would assume the opposite side, opposite blue line (typically behind the SLU parents) would be a similar view.

Admittedly, unless you are seated in the visitors section closer to the bench, it can be tough(er) to see the same corner I usually have problems with.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            Even for a homecoming weekend, I doubt the rink will truly sell out. Pretty much the only games that you really need to be there early for to get GA tickets are the Clarkson game(s).

That said, my usual lurking spot is just inside the blue line behind the student section. Hard to see the near side far corner, but other than that it is a pretty good view. I would assume the opposite side, opposite blue line (typically behind the SLU parents) would be a similar view.

Admittedly, unless you are seated in the visitors section closer to the bench, it can be tough(er) to see the same corner I usually have problems with.
            I've spent the last couple of times I went up there around that area. Certainly is a good place to view the game (aside from the one corner). Of course, those corners are actually the reason why I usually like to get seats or a spot along the end boards. Sure you have to use some depth perception for the far end of the rink, but you're able to see everything.

Comment

Terrific Press Release on the SLU site about Bollig and Peverley playing against each other for the Stanley Cup.

Great quotes from Pierre McGuire who gave SLU an on-air shout out during the first OT Wednesday night.

"Bollig is in the lineup for the Hawks because of his toughness and board play," said McGuire, who mentioned St. Lawrence University during the game one broadcast when talking about the Hawks' left-winger. "The Hawks see the Bruins as a physical team that can out-hit you and maybe even intimidate you. Bollig can do the same thing for Chicago and the Bruins know it."

McGuire added, "Rich Peverley plays such a smart game. His speed and skill make him dangerous, but it's his hockey-sense that makes him so valuable to the Bruins. This is going to be a great Stanley Cup final and both St. Lawrence University men are going to be right in the middle of the fray."

There's a twitter hashtag too: #SLUintheCup

http://www.stlawu.edu/athletics/sain...ey/story/12470
              St. Lawrence University
              World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Here's a real neat article on Bollig: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...b1676a9a1.html

Comment

Tonight's Bruins game reminded me all to much of the heart breaking game SLU lost to Yale in Albany in the ECAC semi finals in 2009. It stinks.

SLU vs Yale box score: http://www.collegehockeystats.net/08...s/mstlyal1.m20
                  SLU '97

Comment

Just saw Merrimack's schedule, is your away game at Clarkson changing dates?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Just saw Merrimack's schedule, is your away game at Clarkson changing dates?
                      Yes, to 12/6 - see schedule thread
                      Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                      Clarkson 1990

Comment

Peverley to Dallas along with Tyler Seguin and RYAN Button in a trade to-day---
                        brashersaintsfan

Comment

Originally posted by slu fan View Post
                          Peverley to Dallas along with Tyler Seguin and RYAN Button in a trade to-day---
                          While I'm sure Tim and Mike are disappointed that Pevs is going to Dallas, I think he'll shine there. Sounds like he'll be slotting in as the 2nd line center, where as in Boston he was bouncing between 3rd and 4th line, along with some PP and PK time.

Hope everybody is having a good offseason. 3 short months until we start back up for another season!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            While I'm sure Tim and Mike are disappointed that Pevs is going to Dallas, I think he'll shine there. Sounds like he'll be slotting in as the 2nd line center, where as in Boston he was bouncing between 3rd and 4th line, along with some PP and PK time.

Hope everybody is having a good offseason. 3 short months until we start back up for another season!
                            Interesting day of trades and signings in the NHL for certain. Never in my lifetime have I seen a day like that. Every minute another signing or blockbuster. Have very mixed reactions about the Bruins. Peverley at his best did so much for that team. Penalty kill, face offs, occasional PP time, one of the fastest skaters on the team. Seems like between the cap hit and one off year they gave up on him. Of course......giving up on Seguin is a bit more of a stunner. As immature as Seguin was...there is still a ton of upside and I do think he will flourish in Dallas. I keep thinking about the Joe Thornton trade.......he has been productive for so many years and the B's are left with nothing from that deal (that I can remember.)
                            SLU

Comment

Zach Miskovic signs with San Antonio Rampage of the AHL: http://sarampage.com/features/?article_id=2363
                              SLU '97

Comment

I see where Greg Carey's linemate in Juniors, Josh Jooris of Union, has foregone his final year of eligibility and signed with Calgary. This, along with Grosenick also leaving early, are setbacks for Union but also bode well for the quality of players that the U has had on their team of late.
                                GO SAINTS.

Comment

Working...
                                X