This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Lawrence Hockey

According to the WDT, Kyle's team, the Adirondack Phantom's game today is televised on Time Warner's cable channel TW1026 at 7 p.m.

Comment

The ECAC Hockey website has a good article on Brandon Bollig. A Chicago newspaper wrote an article about him being rewarding by the Blackhawks with more playing time because he has impressed them as being more than just an enforcer. I think SLU can take some pride in his development since I always thought his playing skills improved quite a lot during his few years with the Saints.

Comment

Congatulations to George on first point in the AHL. Interesting...one league down from the show and they do not know how to keep statistics. Rampage won 4-1, George had an assist and was listed as a minus 1 for the game...maybe they'll fix it.

Also, good to see Canton native Wade Meagan score a goal in that same game (his first as a pro).
        Last edited by justlookin'; 03-29-2013, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justlookin' View Post
          Congatulations to George on first point in the AHL. Interesting. ..one league down from the show and they do not know how to keep statistics. Rampage won 4-1, George had an assist and was listed as a minus 1 for the game...maybe they'll fix it.

Also, good to see Canton native Wade Meagan score a goal in that same game (his first as a pro).
          The scoring is right...George's helper came on a power play (no +/- on power plays, just shorthanders) and he was on for the one opposition goal and none of the even strength goals for the Rampage.

Comment

Barring some crazy surprise, Greg Carey will end up as the leading goal scorer this year in college hockey. Anyone know if or when a Skating Saint did that for a season? Also George Hughes should end up leading the country in scoring for defensemen. I have to think Dan Laperriere did that his senior year for SLU when he had 53 points.
            SLU '97

Comment

Great article in the Glens Falls newspaper about Kyle Flanagan and his first pro goal (he also had an assist in the game). The article can be accessed via a link provided by ecachockey.com. It's great to see Kyle performing so well right from the start of his pro career. The article also quotes his coach who has many positive things to say about Kyle and his abilities.

Also just noticed that Greg Carey has been honored by making the CHN 2nd team.

Comment

Interesting that Flanagan scored against Rick DiPietro. Seems the Saints have his number!

Here is link to the article: http://poststar.com/sports/flanagan-...a4bcf887a.html
                SLU '97

Comment

While I am not surprised by the hobey hat trick (Hartzell, Gaudreau, Leblanc), Carey got snubbed! Hopefully he can make a run for it next season, going to be tough without Kyle to set him up everywhere.

Comment

I think that is a screw job. Carey should definitely be in the Final 3. Leads in goals, PPG, is about a 3.5 student, has amazing character and drew all the attention of opponents because we only had one line that could score consistently all season. I don't think they got this one right at all. He is what the Hobey is all about. As for Flanny, if he could have sustained what he did in the first 5-10 games of the season, he would have walked away with it. I think there are still people in Orono saying "who the hell was that?"
                    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

With the surprise firing of Denver's coach, George Gwozdecky, it probably shouldn't be a big surprise to see some decommitments. I just saw that one of their highly touted recruits, defenseman Gage Ausmus is now not going to Denver. Here is the link: https://twitter.com/WeissFC/status/321096663588564993

With some need on defense, I'm sure he would look great sporting the scarlet and brown! Probably a long shot at this point, but I guess one can hope.

It will be interesting to see what other recruits Denver loses by this move. Also it appears that RPI's coach is a finalist for the Denver job.
                      SLU '97

Comment

Congratulations to Kyle Flanagan (1st team), Greg Carey (2nd team), and George Hughes (2nd team) for being named All-Americans.
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          Congratulations to Kyle Flanagan (1st team), Greg Carey (2nd team), and George Hughes (2nd team) for being named All-Americans.
                          Just read the news myself.....fantastic honor for three great SLU players.....way to go Kyle, Greg and George!!!!
                          SLU

Comment

I believe that Kyle Flanagan becomes only the second Canton resident to make the All-America Team and the first to do so with St. Lawrence. First was Dan Brady withBU in 1970-'71. (am I missing anyone?) Nice work. Congrats to George Hughes and Greg Carey too -- who IMHO ought to be First Team.
                            St. Lawrence University
                            World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                              Congrats. to all of you for a well-deserved honor, and I wish you-3 guys the best of luck going forward.
                              GO SAINTS.

Comment

Chris FitzGerald of the Watertown Daily Times tweeted yesterday that the Saints signed 11 players Wednesday, the first day of the college hockey signing period. He wrote, "These include forwards Matt Carey (redshirt), Alexander Dahl, Trevor Hills, Woody Hudson, Drew Smolcynski and Brian Ward. Defensemen Gavin Bayreuther, Michael Graham, Ben Masella and Eric Sweetman and goalie Tyler Parks complete the list."

Sunday's Watertown Daily Times will have a story on the incoming recruits.
                                SLU '97

Comment

Working...
                                X