This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: St Lawrence Hockey

As much as I like Bob P., tomorrow is now huge and hope there is no let down after winning the game I am sure they focused on. The winner tomorrow holds the head to head tie-breaker and two points is crucial as this tight race heads down the stretch. The record of bye teams making it to the tourney finals speaks for itself. This is a tough trip just because of the travel time between games (like Harvard / Dartmouth).

I hope the boys come out even hungrier tomorrow.

Huge win indeed. Congrats to Carvy, Hurley and the boys!!
    9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
    1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Nice job by SLU tonight. The gave us a dose of our own medicine and we just couldn't capitalize on our chances. But even though we lost, I'm ok with it... Union beat Ylae so we take the Cleary Cup. Pretty big accomplishment.

Best of luck the rest of the way and hopefully we don't meet again until next season!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

What a great win…….the first I can remember in my 44 years of being a Saints fan that we beat #1 on the road. I believe we did it twice in that span but at home, ironically with both of those wins against BU. As for Carey, he sure can thread the needle and his release is like lightning.

On to Princeton. Keep the pedal to the metal, guys.
        GO SAINTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskieman View Post
          What a great win…….the first I can remember in my 44 years of being a Saints fan that we beat #1 on the road. I believe we did it twice in that span but at home, ironically with both of those wins against BU. As for Carey, he sure can thread the needle and his release is like lightning.
          I remember the "Larries" beating BU in Boston 7-6 when BU was defending and future national champs in maybe '76. BU was first in the ECAC at the time. Not sure if BU was ranked #1 or if they even had weekly rankings then. But I'll never forget it. The Toronto Maple Leafs were staying at the same hotel and they had beaten the Bruins that evening. It was some kind of s^%& show at the hotel bar after the game culminating in Daryl Sittler physically dragging his players back to their rooms at about 3am. (reference for those not yet born in 1976: Drinking age: 18. Hockey Players-college and pro: allowed to drink).

I think tonight is the biggest win for SLU since the 2000 4OT win over BU!
          St. Lawrence University
          World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Originally posted by Saints#1 View Post
            Ohh good, didn't know the score to Princeton/Clarkson ... Last I knew it was 2-1 Princeton, good going Clarkson ... Did I really just say that?!
            Haha....do you one better, Great job Saints! Nice job beating that ******* Pecknold! NORTH COUNTRY!

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlisle View Post
              I remember the "Larries" beating BU in Boston 7-6 when BU was defending and future national champs in maybe '76. BU was first in the ECAC at the time. Not sure if BU was ranked #1 or if they even had weekly rankings then. But I'll never forget it. The Toronto Maple Leafs were staying at the same hotel and they had beaten the Bruins that evening. It was some kind of s^%& show at the hotel bar after the game culminating in Daryl Sittler physically dragging his players back to their rooms at about 3am. (reference for those not yet born in 1976: Drinking age: 18. Hockey Players-college and pro: allowed to drink).

I think tonight is the biggest win for SLU since the 2000 4OT win over BU!
              What was Wisconsin ranked when we beat them in OT in 2006-2007 time frame? Wasn't RPI #1 when we beat them in 84-85 at Houston during their 36-2-1 season (20-1 in the ECAC)? I don't remember stuff like that.

I do know I really enjoyed watching SLU beat UNH who was #2 in 2002 at Whittemore.

Comment

That was one of those games where everything just clicked. Wenny was a beast all game, especially in the 3rd, the D broke up scoring chance after scoring chance. I lost track of the number of times Baker and Hughes broke up passes in the zone. Great cycling, we pinned them in their zone for much of the 2nd, and held on in the 3rd. Credit the coaches and captains for getting them up for this one. Congrats boys.

Comment

Congrats to the guys for the big win! It's going to be imperative for them not to lose focus on tonight's game. Princeton is a solid team and Bob P, will have them ready to go, especially after they lost to Clarkson last night.

If the Saints keep it going, they can come away with one heck of a road trip.
                  SLU '97

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                    What was Wisconsin ranked when we beat them in OT in 2006-2007 time frame? Wasn't RPI #1 when we beat them in 84-85 at Houston during their 36-2-1 season (20-1 in the ECAC)? I don't remember stuff like that.

I do know I really enjoyed watching SLU beat UNH who was #2 in 2002 at Whittemore.
                    It was early in the season, so I don't know if we were moved up to #1 yet.

A well deserved congrats to you guys. After what I saw last week, I knew this was possible. Hopefully you have enough in the tank to take on Princeton. But be sure to run out for our senior night.

Comment

The only thing that concerns me is the lack of consistent scoring from anyone but the 1st line and George Hughes. They need a break and tonight would be a great time for the sophomores to strut their stuff. They've shown moments of brilliance, now's the time to put it all together.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsdad View Post
                        The only thing that concerns me is the lack of consistent scoring from anyone but the 1st line and George Hughes. They need a break and tonight would be a great time for the sophomores to strut their stuff. They've shown moments of brilliance, now's the time to put it all together.
                        Yeah, me too! However, as long as we are winning I'll worry about that later! Wick and Wenny have been the difference in our recent streak IMO. I am hopeful guys I know can score will regain their scoring prowess soon - namely Martin, Essery, Doherty and Baker.

To go anywhere in the playoffs we will need some balanced scoring. Let's hope the guys find a way to start pumping in some goals.

I am worried about a let down tonight. Hopefully, coaching and captains don't let that happen. Princeton gave us all we could handle at Appleton. They have a couple of very good lines and 3-4 good D-men.

Comment

Sdao is a handful. Always seems to have good games vs saints.
                          Much as clarkson's win helped us in standings, never ideal to show up on road the day after your host blows one.
                          That was fun last night! Couldn't see whether Wenny made save in third when whole building thought the Q had equalized.
                          Did he make stop? Did q miss open net?
                          Go Saints!

Comment

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
                            Yeah, me too! However, as long as we are winning I'll worry about that later! Wick and Wenny have been the difference in our recent streak IMO. I am hopeful guys I know can score will regain their scoring prowess soon - namely Martin, Essery, Doherty and Baker.

To go anywhere in the playoffs we will need some balanced scoring. Let's hope the guys find a way to start pumping in some goals.

I am worried about a let down tonight. Hopefully, coaching and captains don't let that happen. Princeton gave us all we could handle at Appleton. They have a couple of very good lines and 3-4 good D-men.
                            Totally agree about Wick and Wenny, especially Jeremy-the streak started shortly after he went to the first line and began scoring. A letdown is a major worry, and that's why the guys you mention (and Thompson and maybe one of the frosh) absolutely have to step up. The big guns have to be tired physically and emotionally.

But like you, I'll take wins however they get them and let the coaches continue doing what they seem to be doing so well.

Comment

Although a letdown in emotion and intensity after defeating the #1 team in the country is a possibility, I think the fact that they will be playing one of their previous coach's team will help mitigate the chances of that happening. That type of situation is usually a strong motivator.

Comment

• Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post

Got 6. You are right. Pretty sure Wisconsin was #1 in '06. First game of the season. Kyle Rank in OT.
                                St. Lawrence University
                                World Class Old Time Hockey. Since 1927.

2 NCAA Championship Games >>> 6 Time ECAC Champions >>> 9 NCAA Frozen Fours >>> 16 NCAA Appearances >>> 1,000+ All-time Wins

Comment

Working...
                                X