PDA

View Full Version : tOSU @ tUMD: The Return of Peanut Butter Hjelle Time...

Pages : [1] 2

Biddco
10-07-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm just glad Brady transferred so he wouldn't have to worry about being the backup...oh wait... :)

Nice to see a non-conference series between this two teams. I'm sure the fact that Steve Rohlik is a former UMD assistant had something to with this...

Somehow I see this series being split.

UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
10-08-2012, 07:00 AM
I'm too lazy to look, but I can't remember these two programs ever having played each other.

Biddco
10-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm too lazy to look, but I can't remember these two programs ever having played each other.I don't have a way to look it up now but I want to say they played in a tournament at some point in the last 15 years. But I could be wrong.

Dirty
10-08-2012, 02:11 PM
You both stink at the Internet. It's called the Media Guide (http://www.umdbulldogs.com/uploads/29028_MGuide.pdf). UMD is 0-2-1 against OSU with the last game happening 12-29-06. They tied 3-3 in 74-75, lost 6-1 in 79-80 and lost 4-1 in 06-07.

Biddco
10-08-2012, 02:42 PM
You both stink at the Internet. It's called the Media Guide (http://www.umdbulldogs.com/uploads/29028_MGuide.pdf). UMD is 0-2-1 against OSU with the last game happening 12-29-06. They tied 3-3 in 74-75, lost 6-1 in 79-80 and lost 4-1 in 06-07.
I was gonna wait until work gets done then check my media guide but thanks for doing the work for me!

Dirty
10-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I was gonna wait until work gets done then check my media guide but thanks for doing the work for me!

No problem. Let me know when you need me to write a paper for you. I'm guessing it'll be sometime next week.

Biddco
10-08-2012, 04:57 PM
No problem. Let me know when you need me to write a paper for you. I'm guessing it'll be sometime next week.

Excellent.

klbaum1077
10-08-2012, 10:55 PM
[QUOTE=Biddco;5514591

Somehow I see this series being split.[/QUOTE]

I would love to see ohio state get a split out of this series. What do you guys have back from last year's Tournament team?

SCSU Euro
10-08-2012, 11:03 PM
I would love to see ohio state get a split out of this series. What do you guys have back from last year's Tournament team?

A 5th line center, some sticks and Biddy's innocence and golden locks.

klbaum1077
10-08-2012, 11:13 PM
A 5th line center, some sticks and Biddy's innocence and golden locks.

Ok now who has a real answer for me

vizoroo
10-08-2012, 11:13 PM
[QUOTE=Biddco;5514591]I'm just glad Brady transferred so he wouldn't have to worry about being the backup...oh wait... :) QUOTE]
Who wears the banana suit?

Biddco
10-08-2012, 11:35 PM
Ok now who has a real answer for me
Joe Basaraba, Caleb Herbert, Justin Crandall and Mike Seidel are our major returning goal scorers. We do have Aaron Crandall back, but he was primarily a backup and honestly scares me as our main goaltender.. Our defense is good and is led by Cody Dangberg and Wade Bergman.

Team is definetly looking for someone to replace our fantastic senior class. It will be a tough thing to do.

Who should we be on the look out for on tOSU?

How many games did OSU win in the second half? Didn't they end the year on a horrible losing streak?

Who wears the banana suit?Nobody will. We don't wear for people who quit on their teammates ;)

Although I am looking to wear a PBHJT shirt this weekend.

A 5th line center, some sticks and Biddy's innocence and golden locks.You forgot my rugged good looks

klbaum1077
10-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Joe Basaraba, Caleb Herbert, Justin Crandall and Mike Seidel are our major returning goal scorers. We do have Aaron Crandall back, but he was primarily a backup and honestly scares me as our main goaltender.. Our defense is good and is led by Cody Dangberg and Wade Bergman.

Team is definetly looking for someone to replace our fantastic senior class. It will be a tough thing to do.

Who should we be on the look out for on tOSU?

How many games did OSU win in the second half? Didn't they end the year on a horrible losing streak?
Nobody will. We don't wear for people who quit on their teammates ;)

Although I am looking to wear a PBHJT shirt this weekend.

You forgot my rugged good looks

Yea they had a real tough 2nd half winning only 1 game. Most of the leading scorers are back they include a couple Sophomores, Darik Angeli, Ryan Dzingel, Max McCormick. Juniors Chris Crane and Alex Szczechura will contribute alot hopefully all year. On defense Curtis Gedig is the best returing dman and in Goal well you know Brady but i expect Freshman Colin Olson to play on Saturday night and i for one am looking forward to seeing him play this year. Should be a great series and a split would be great.

klbaum1077
10-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Any chance you guy will have these games on a internet feed to listen to?

Biddco
10-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Any chance you guy will have these games on a internet feed to listen to?

http://94xrocks.com/umd-sports

I'm Adjusting my view of this series. A sweep is very attainable. Let's keep that losing streak going.

Hockeybuckeye
10-11-2012, 12:37 AM
I will be very curious on who gets more time in net for us, Brady or Olson? Since Olson is a native Minnesota kid do you guys know much about him? He seemed to have done well on the USA developmental team and at 6'3" he really seems to fill that net but in our exhibition opener last weekend he wasn't challenged a lot to be able to see how quick he can be going post to post.
For those interested here's the link for the internet streaming of this weekends games. - http://www.b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=25

Biddco
10-11-2012, 10:16 AM
I will be very curious on who gets more time in net for us, Brady or Olson? Since Olson is a native Minnesota kid do you guys know much about him? He seemed to have done well on the USA developmental team and at 6'3" he really seems to fill that net but in our exhibition opener last weekend he wasn't challenged a lot to be able to see how quick he can be going post to post.
For those interested here's the link for the internet streaming of this weekends games. - http://www.b2tv.com/partner_members.asp?id=25I honestly know nothing. I would bet on Olson eventually getting more time. Peanut Butter Hjelle Time quickly became Peanut Butter Five Hole Time...

Tomorrow the puck FINALLY drops. Cannot. Wait.

Hockeybuckeye
10-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the games this weekend, a rare treat to play you guys so good luck to all.

Strictly_Business
10-11-2012, 07:38 PM
1 day, 0 hours, 28 minutes and 35 seconds. :)

osualum86
10-11-2012, 10:20 PM
I just want to tip my cap to Biddco for the title of this thread (LOL)! I am seeing visions of Brian Griffin in the banana suit trying to cheer Peter (Griffin) up! Seriously, I see a split here. I am hoping that Coach Oz and the guys have figured out the second half meltdown issues. Regardless of what happens, this will be a series that will show us what we need to work on, and I believe that will be beneficial when we enter the CCHA season. Good luck to both teams!