Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UCONN Hockey 2012-13: Hockey East Here We Come

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
    ^ They look as boring as the UMass home jerseys.
    Yeah, mostly it was the university aiming for "consistent visual identity" across its entire athletics brand, which can lead to a boring look.

But it's not like the previous jersey was terribly exciting:
    *****http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/colleges/atlantic_hockey/2011-12/photos/Garrett_Bartus_UConn_250.jpg?max_height=356&max_width=250******
    UConn -- Clarkson

Comment

I didn't notice the Husky on the shoulder. I can't really see it, but that makes it less boring than the UMass home jerseys, which do not have anything on the shoulders. The old jerseys look like the UMass road jerseys, which just say "MASSACHUSETTS" across the front with a number.

I do like the new UConn football helmets. Those look pretty awesome.
      #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
        I didn't notice the Husky on the shoulder. I can't really see it, but that makes it less boring than the UMass home jerseys, which do not have anything on the shoulders. The old jerseys look like the UMass road jerseys, which just say "MASSACHUSETTS" across the front with a number.

I do like the new UConn football helmets. Those look pretty awesome.
        I am not in love with the new UConn Sweater. Kind of boring...actually more boring than the current one. Given the desire to bring a consistent look, I fully expect we'll see the football helmet, which I personally think is awful, redesigned into the hockey helmet. Like Michigan's wings and Penn State's white with the blue stripe.

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
          But it's not like the previous jersey was terribly exciting:
          *****http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/colleges/atlantic_hockey/2011-12/photos/Garrett_Bartus_UConn_250.jpg?max_height=356&max_width=250******
          It was a classic and very classy. The new uni's suck. Pure and simple.

Comment

I think the football helmets are over the top...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Flamboyant. They suck. I was at the Blue-White game yesterday. The new T-shirts aren't any better.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                This could have been posted on the pun thread too.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
                  Flamboyant. They suck. I was at the Blue-White game yesterday. The new T-shirts aren't any better.
                  I went to the Blue-White "Game" yesterday as well. I have to admit that I did buy a new T-shirt.

If that was any indication of the type of season the football team will have, let's bring on the hockey season as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHHurstFan View Post
                    If that was any indication of the type of season the football team will have, let's bring on the hockey season as soon as possible.
                    +1 That was about as bad as it gets. The big focus was the O-line this spring. They ran like a dozen running plays from their own 1 yard line and gained a grand total of about 2 yards rushing. Even worse than last year. And this is a team that says they want to establish the run first? Don't think so. They should just go five wide and air it out. They have no chance on the ground.

Comment

I'm disgusted with the current leadership of the athletic department. The Hockey East move strikes me as an accident at this point, given how bad the rest of the things have been. Failed to get the NCAA to overturn the ACC ban, while making a pathetic and utterly ridiculous argument (don't punish the current players for the sins of the past...which of course means NO college team could ever be penalized). Out maneuvered by Louisville on the ACC move. Retaining a football coach who has done nothing but drive the program into oblivion, and now the "new identity." So they take a symbol that has been the university's emblem for 2 decades in one form or another, and ignore 75 years of tradition of having a white dog (UConn has a specific tradition of having only all white huskies with at least 1 blue eye as a mascot,and have since at least the 1950s) in order to put a clip art version of some generic husky. Then to make matters worse, they design this campy football helmet, which will probably also become the hockey helmet...and still can't run the football! Utterly inept. I figure this crew will hire some PeeWee Coach from South Windsor as the new Hockey Coach at the rate they are going.

Comment

Oooomph.

All ACC schools grant their television rights to the ACC.

RIP Uconn athletics. Butch, if you could send my condolences to upstater and palatine, it would be greatly appreciated!
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Wasn't hoping to go to the ACC anyway. UConn will be invited to the AAU in a couple years and when that happens it will open doors. But if the ACC does expand in the future, UConn would have to consider them as this action makes the ACC more stable.

Comment

Ahaha. Yea yea yea yea. The B1G will come calling soon. Once you get that AAU status. Sure.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              Ahaha. Yea yea yea yea. The B1G will come calling soon. Once you get that AAU status. Sure.
                              Look at the bright side. Then you can go and get Quinnipiac whom you always wanted anyway.

One thing we do know now: it won't be BC going to the B1G. Not with this agreement in place.
                              Last edited by RSTuthill; 04-23-2013, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Big piece on UConn Hockey in the Hartford Courant today. So about the coaching search and who is being considered besides Berard. he's the only one they really confirmed but also indicated that they are speaking with Mike Cavanaugh, Gwoz and Billy Powers the Michigan Assistant. The other name I've heard bandies about a few times recently has been Bennett from Union, though he's not listed in the article. My take is that if you can get Gwoz, and he is ready to commit long term, you have to do it. Same thing with Bennett if indeed he is under consideration. He has really done a nice job at Union. On the other hand, I don't quite get why you would take an assistant over Dave Berard. He has shown a real ability to get the job done. He was willing to replace the face of the program in goal, put together a solid run, the team was 0-4-1 when he took over and ended up 19-14-4. Went 10-3-2 over the last 15. He has Hockey East background after 15 years at Providence. Not sure why you'd pick an assistant from someplace else when you have a guy who really has shown something. And I have to say watching him coach that he is pretty intense. Unless an established big time head coach is interested, i can't see any reason not to take Berard.

the other thing that was interesting, and hasn't really been out there in public, is that apparetnly UConn has committed to Hockey East that it will have a 5000 seat arena on campus by 2016. I'm not sure the details, but it seems that UConn has an architect on board to evaluate a bunch of options including a replacement for Freitas,at or on the Freitas site and a new facility at Gampel. In any case, the idea that they are committed to a facility is great news. And it should eliminate any concerns that they don't take this move seriously, I think. here is the link.

http://www.courant.com/sports/colleg...,2804136.story

Comment

Working...
                                X