Minnesota State University Maverick Hockey: 2012-2013 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    IIRC, Madison hasn't been that kind to the Mavs. Great job on the sweep, and keep winning. Mankato is my Alma, and it helps the Gophers PWR.
    We need to win the games we should. (The next four) that is huge.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Re: Minnesota State University Maverick Hockey: 2012-2013 Season Thread

does anyone have a link to video or a highlight package from this weekend?

Comment

The next 4 games will say a lot about where this team is. We should win, there is not reason to not get atleast 5-7 points. Its especially important because these are two teams in the New look WCHA and what better time to show who is at the top of the pecking order next year
        Last edited by MavsFan19; 11-26-2012, 07:29 PM.
        All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
          The next 4 games will say a lot about where this team is. We should win, there is not reason to not get atleast 5-7 points. Its especially important because these are two teams in the New look WCHA and what better time to show who is at the top of the pecking order next year
          I'm more concerned about how these games will impact the 2012/2013 standings. This young team has some talent, and could make this season memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
            does anyone have a link to video or a highlight package from this weekend?
            Here's this week's highlight video.

http://youtu.be/AIIWkXxkpCI

After watching this, I think one thing is certain. The philosophy of this team is changing. The talent seems to be used much more effectively. The passing is much more crisp. The cutting to the net is creating opportunities. And the system is putting goal scorers in a position to succeed. I get that Sconni is down this year, but it's not like they were giving MSU open looks. MSU created those open looks. They are the same team that played the Gophers really well both mights last weekend. I hope to see this same kind of effort the next 2 weekends. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point yet. We need to be able to see the effort and precision back-to-back weekends now.
            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Leitner and Williams are this week's WCHA Offensive Player of the Week and WCHA Rookie of the Week, respectively.
              http://msumavericks.com/news/2012/11...127120114.aspx

Comment

Style of play is definitely changing, and for the better.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

How does it feel to cause that much angst within the Wisconsin fanbase?
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    How does it feel to cause that much angst within the Wisconsin fanbase?
                    Clearly, that has never happened before.

Is that a sign of good things to come in the future. I think it is.

Comment

• Re: Minnesota State University Maverick Hockey: 2012-2013 Season Thread

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
                      Clearly, that has never happened before.

Is that a sign of good things to come in the future. I think it is.
                      You guys do understand that you've hired the Vince Lombardi of the USHL to be your head coach?

In football terms, you kinda have the Art Briles of college hockey there. "Hey, all of a sudden, Baylor is pretty good!".

Someone that was the "Head Coach in waiting" until he got tired of waiting on Dean Blais ala Will Muschamp at Texas?

You will be a better team. How much better? We'll see. You guys sound a bit like you haven't seen your own head coaches' resume'. I know it pretty well, because, I lived it!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                        You guys do understand that you've hired the Vince Lombardi of the USHL to be your head coach?

In football terms, you kinda have the Art Briles of college hockey there. "Hey, all of a sudden, Baylor is pretty good!".
                        I'm pretty sure Vince coached football too. Also, is Hastings at least reciprocating with a reach around given all blowj*bs you're giving him on this board?
                        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          I'm pretty sure Vince coached football too. Also, is Hastings at least reciprocating with a reach around given all blowj*bs you're giving him on this board?
                          LOL

I am a big fan of his, having been to probably more Omaha Lancers games that I have, even, UNO games.

I'm not entirely happy he took off for Mankato and didn't want to wait Coach Blais out, who I think stays on until we are in our new arena and not long after that (3 or 4 years?). Our loss is Mankato's gain, unfortunately.
                          Last edited by Red Cows; 11-29-2012, 01:14 AM.

Comment

I like Hastings. I did my research on him after he was hired and having connections in the USHL is a good move for us. My concern with him is his staying power. Will he stay at MSU-M with the new look WCHA or bolt for a bigger program, bigger conference in 3-4 years when a job opens up.
                            But hey for right now Im just happy to see things change. I like Jutting, great guy, but his time here was over a few years ago.

Big weekend for mavs sports, so here's hoping all teams prevail!
                            All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                              LOL

I am a big fan of his, having been to probably more Omaha Lancers games that I have, even, UNO games.

I'm not entirely happy he took off for Mankato and didn't want to wait Coach Blais out, who I think stays until we are on until we are in our new arena and not long after that (3 or 4 years?). Our loss is Mankato's gain, unfortunately.
                              MN State was well aware of Hasting's track record, and I assume that was big factor in him getting an interview. Mike is creating excitement around a program that has not seen any type of success for a decade. We'll see if the momentum continues. I am very excited that Hastings has taken the reigns at MN State, but Jutting deserves a lot of credit for the talented Freshmen and Sophmore classes.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVSFAN4EVER View Post
                                MN State was well aware of Hasting's track record, and I assume that was big factor in him getting an interview. Mike is creating excitement around a program that has not seen any type of success for a decade. We'll see if the momentum continues. I am very excited that Hastings has taken the reigns at MN State, but Jutting deserves a lot of credit for the talented Freshmen and Sophmore classes.
                                While Jutting deserves the credit for recruiting these classes, I am almost certain that he couldn't coach them as well as Hastings will.

Comment

Working...
                                X