Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack 2012-13 Season thread

Originally posted by FeartheWarrior View Post
    As for UML fans, I love the "they must have gearing up for the Alfond trip", yeah looking at the standing that must have been it. Looking forward to WBIN's coverage tonight, big implications with the game tonight.
    Who said that, and where/when? I'd like to think it's one of the idiots that every team has. Not a single one of the knowledgeable, long-time posters would have said that. This was a huge game for the program, nobody was looking ahead.
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
      Who said that, and where/when? I'd like to think it's one of the idiots that every team has. Not a single one of the knowledgeable, long-time posters would have said that. This was a huge game for the program, nobody was looking ahead.
      Honest, I was getting ready to post something quite similar. Most of the knowledgeable Riverhawk fans (see also "John_Fuller" as an example) recognize that Lawler is a tough place to play, and the MC's physical approach causes problems. No excuses from those posters.
      That said, terrific win for the Warriors. UML has been riding high (unbeaten streak second in the nation only to QU) and had been moving up in the pairwise. A win for MC tonight over UNH would be HUGE....HE standings implications, tie-breaker with UNH, and a nice pop in the pairwise. They need to play a LOT better than their last match-up with the Wildcats.
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Good recruit pick-up for Merrimack.
        I think you've got a winner in Alex Carle. Actually I hoped he would be Carle III at the University of Denver.

Both of his brothers attended DU and were great role models in different ways. Matt was Co-Captain, All WCHA, All American and won the Hobey after his junior year. He now plays for Tampa Bay. David's career was cut short by a heart defect discovered at the NHL combine. He became student assistant coach for the Pioneers, graduated, and now is an assistant for the Green Bay Gamblers.
        The two older Carles are high character young men and there is no reason to believe Alex will not be the same.

Wonder if Merrimack will play DU during the next few years....
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          Wonder if Merrimack will play DU during the next few years....
          Have your people talk to our people about a weekend shared trip for DU/CC. We love going to Denver to watch them play. Ok, and drink great beer too....
          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Word on the street is that Merrimack will be out in CO next year.

Comment

Great win for the Warriors! Marotta with 50+ saves but a lot of those UÑH shots were from the perimeter, a result of good team defense.
              National Champions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
              Hockey East Tournament Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions: 2014, 2012, 2011, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2001, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1987, 1986, 1985

Originally posted by SteveF
              two things you need to know about the current state of BU hockey

a) fanboys chanted 'thank you seniors' at the beanpot
              b) fanboys chanted 'wheres your beanpot' while getting blown out in the semis of the HE tournament

Comment

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
                Great win for the Warriors! Marotta with 50+ saves but a lot of those UÑH shots were from the perimeter, a result of good team defense.
                Good team defense was also the story last night against Lowell. Congratulations to the Warriors on a great weekend.

Comment

Back into the USCHO poll at #20, things are looking a hell of a lot better than they were around the break. Hope we can snag points from BU during the infamous beanpot "sandwich" game.

Big kudos to the school and athletic department for generating the turnout (especially students) at the game Friday, I think it shows that with a little bit of hard work and pizza they can generate a playoff type atmosphere. We even heard them trotting out some new chants.

Comment

Going back to the UML fans comment, might have overemphasized "fans" and probably should have put fan. Have to admit, begrudgingly, that UML fans are for the most part knowledgeable.

Big game Friday night for both HE home ice and now suddenly pairwise implications. Would be nice to come away with at least 1 W vs BU this year. The good news is the top 6 teams in the standings all square off vs each other Friday.

Any word on the new commit- Seney?

Comment

After being stir crazy on campus the rink should be rocking. I expect a tight one with Merrimack squeezing one out.
                      Rinks Visited
                      DCU Center
                      Tulley Forum
                      TD Garden
                      Tsongas Arena
                      J. Thom Lawler Arena
                      Conte Forum
                      Whittemore Center
                      Agganis Arena
                      Verizon Center
                      Gutterson Fieldhouse
                      Matthews Arena
                      Thompson Arena
                      Mullins Center
                      Alfond Arena
                      Schneider Arena
                      Magness Arena
                      Ingallas Arena
                      Hart Center
                      Prudential Center
                      TD Bank Sports Center
                      John A Ryan
                      Lynah Rink
                      Appleton Arena
                      Cheel Arena
                      Germain Arena
                      XL Center
                      Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

I'll admit I decided not to make the trek up to Andover yesterday for fear of loosing my spot... ok I just hadn't shoveled my car out yet. Listening on the radio sounded like a pretty sound performace (PP excluded), any insight from those in attendance.

Crazy to think that Friday's game presents the opportunity to take the lead in HEA. One can also assume that a W might put us around the 16 spot in the pairwise as well. Let's just hope they don't give us BC loving Gravallese.

Comment

Merrimack played very well for portions of the game, but had trouble finishing. They dominated territorially. The PP was a mess. Had a 5x3 during the 5 minute major and couldn't capitalize and even gave up a shorty at the end of 1st period on the major. That being said, how could you not be excited being one point out of first place in middle February?

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                            Merrimack played very well for portions of the game, but had trouble finishing. They dominated territorially. The PP was a mess. Had a 5x3 during the 5 minute major and couldn't capitalize and even gave up a shorty at the end of 1st period on the major. That being said, how could you not be excited being one point out of first place in middle February?
                            What he said. Never thought I'd see a game at home with first place on the line in February...but here we are...
                            "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                            "Why?"
                            "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Well played game yesterday. I thought the powerplay had points where it looked very good and other times pretty bad. When the players move around they looked pretty good, unfortunately there were too many times that they stood still and passed the puck on the outside. If someone would have asked me after the U Conn that Friday night would be for first place in Hockey East I would have laughed.
                              Rinks Visited
                              DCU Center
                              Tulley Forum
                              TD Garden
                              Tsongas Arena
                              J. Thom Lawler Arena
                              Conte Forum
                              Whittemore Center
                              Agganis Arena
                              Verizon Center
                              Gutterson Fieldhouse
                              Matthews Arena
                              Thompson Arena
                              Mullins Center
                              Alfond Arena
                              Schneider Arena
                              Magness Arena
                              Ingallas Arena
                              Hart Center
                              Prudential Center
                              TD Bank Sports Center
                              John A Ryan
                              Lynah Rink
                              Appleton Arena
                              Cheel Arena
                              Germain Arena
                              XL Center
                              Class of 1965 Arena

Comment

After watching the Beanpot Final, the depth at F for BC is fairly frightening. Playing on a smaller sheet (despite the Mack reports recent post) and 3 solid pairings on the back will help, but it seems like you're going to need to score a few goals to stay with that firepower over 60.

Comment

Working...
                                X