Merrimack 2012-13 Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack 2012-13 Season thread

Huge weekend on tap, need to walk away with 2 points to stay in contention for home ice. Think we're going to go as far as Marotta (or Rasmus) and the D take us through this next month.

Any suggestions for places to grab an adult beverage in Manchester? Is Jillians the same owners as Jillians in Boston?

Comment

Originally posted by FeartheWarrior View Post
      Huge weekend on tap, need to walk away with 2 points to stay in contention for home ice. Think we're going to go as far as Marotta (or Rasmus) and the D take us through this next month.

Any suggestions for places to grab an adult beverage in Manchester? Is Jillians the same owners as Jillians in Boston?
      I'm not sure if you saw this. From the Mack Report site.

WGAM will host a Merrimack hockey pregame party on Saturday from 2-4 p.m. at Jillian’s in Manchester, NH before Merrimack takes on No. 4 New Hampshire Wildcats at 5 p.m. at the Verizon Wireless Center.
      http://themackreport.com/wgam-to-hos...saturday-at-2/

Comment

Any idea why Friday's game is at 7:30? Is it televised?

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
          Looking forward to next year, when all Friday HE games are supposed to be starting at 7:30.

But in answer to your question, it doesn't appear to be on TV. Could be wrong though.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

All the Friday games at Merrimack start at 7:30 pm this season.

Hockey Individual Tickets On Sale Tuesday

NORTH ANDOVER, MA – Individual tickets to all Merrimack hockey home games will go on sale to the general public Tuesday at 10 a.m.

Tickets are available online and by calling the ticket office at 978-837-5324.

Mini-plans and season tickets are also still available while supplies last.

Featuring two premium games against both Boston University and Boston College, Merrimack's 2012-13 home campaign begins on October 26 against Vermont at 7:30 p.m.

Last season, Merrimack sold out 15 of its 17 home games, most in school history, en route to a 18-12-7 overall record and a fifth-place finish in Hockey East.

Group rates for parties of 15 or more and catered events are also now available.

Kids under 14 years old can also join the Junior Warrior Club for just $15, which features free admission to all Merrimack home games. As part of being a Junior Warrior, fans receive a special edition Junior Warrior T-Shirt, a signed birthday card from the hockey team, and much more.

The promotional schedule is highlighted by the Warrior Whiteout sponsored by Cedar's Foods against UNH on January 25 and Rally Flag Night sponsored by TSR on February 1 against UMass Lowell.

In addition, Merrimack has plenty of youth-friendly promotions, including Halloween Costume Contest night (October 27 – Vermont), Youth Hockey Night (November 10 – Connecticut), Scout Night (November 30 – Providence), Skate with Santa (December 8 – US Under-18), and Bring a Kid to the Game Night (February 9 – UMass).

Following the Colgate game on November 23 and the US Under-18 game on December 8, all kids who bring their own skates will have the opportunity to skate with members of the Merrimack hockey team.

As a reminder, all Friday night home games will start at 7:30 p.m.

Merrimack's television schedule is expected to be announced in late September.
            Last edited by boblav1; 01-24-2013, 07:30 PM.

Comment

So, at the halfway point (+ 1 game), the Warriors are about where I though they'd be. 5th place (but only 2 points behind BU and PC with a game in hand). Defense has been very strong (as expected) and Marotta has filled some big goalie skates better than anyone could have foreseen. Collins has been terrific. They've essentially won the games they should win (season series' wrapped up against NU, ME and UVM) and were right there in 2 other losses (losing to PC very late in OT), and giving up a 3 goal lead to BC (but they never beat BC regardless).
              Upcoming stretch will be telling as the schedule gets MUCH harder. Forwards need to step up as an inordinate amount of the offense has been coming from the D (3 of the top 5 scorers). Myers, Bates, Bly and others need to consistently get on the box score (and not just PM's). My guess is that Marotta plays almost all of the remaining games. 4th would be a reach (UML is rolling right now, and PC is playing tough) but an unexpected win or 2 and who knows.
              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                All the Friday games at Merrimack start at 7:30 pm this season.
                ah, thanks for the heads up! Monty, I love the idea of all games being at 7:30. I know many, if not all of the WCHA games start at 7:30 locally...

Comment

ah, thanks for the heads up! Monty, I love the idea of all games being at 7:30. I know many, if not all of the WCHA games start at 7:30 locally...
                  I believe the games were pushed back on Fridays due to the construction going on on campus (the Volpe expansion and new townhouses), which has limited the parking, but it hasn't been too bad. I know a lot of MC Alums work in Boston and/or on 95 so it's been great to have a little extra time to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                    I believe the games were pushed back on Fridays due to the construction going on on campus (the Volpe expansion and new townhouses), which has limited the parking, but it hasn't been too bad. I know a lot of MC Alums work in Boston and/or on 95 so it's been great to have a little extra time to get there.
                    Spot on - the crux of the problem is that construction, coupled with additional sporting events in the Volpe Complex and/or events at the Rogers Center for the Arts cause quite a conundrum if they all occur/end at 7pm. The 7:30pm start is helpful, but the completion of the construction will make things a lot easier. Anxious to see the finished product!
                    "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                    "Why?"
                    "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

• Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                      UNH has been starting Friday games at 7:30 all year

Comment

• Re: Merrimack 2012-13 Season thread

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                        UNH has been starting Friday games at 7:30 all year
                        true, but that's for television (all Friday home games have been/are being televised as it turns otu)

Comment

• Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                          true, but that's for television (all Friday home games have been/are being televised as it turns otu)
                          Ahhh. Good point. I do like the 7:30 Friday start times.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                            Ahhh. Good point. I do like the 7:30 Friday start times.
                            Me too, definitely.

Kudos to mc for a good hard fought win last night in their barn.

Comment

• Re: Merrimack 2012-13 Season thread

Solid win for the Warriors! A bit surprised to see Wyer in net for the 'Cats, but apparently, DeSmith has been struggling a bit lately. Collins continues to impress......very unhurried with the puck. Surveys what is happening and usually makes a good decision.
                              Now go get a win on UNH's "home ice"!
                              Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                                Solid win for the Warriors! A bit surprised to see Wyer in net for the 'Cats, but apparently, DeSmith has been struggling a bit lately. Collins continues to impress......very unhurried with the puck. Surveys what is happening and usually makes a good decision.
                                Now go get a win on UNH's "home ice"!
                                According to google, the VZW is actually a few miles closer to North Andover than Durham! Either way I hope a lot of people make it.

Comment

Working...
                                X