Merrimack 2012-13 Season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack 2012-13 Season thread

His own end is why he hasn't played more.

Comment

So the loss to Northeastern doesn't look quite as bad anymore. Still displeased with the first ten minutes and some of the undisciplined penalties by the likes of upperclassmen like Collins (that slashing penalty away from puck near NU bench). I think goaltending and defense will carry this team in the long run. I'm excited to see Cronin and Robertson play more once they get acclimated to college better. I also liked how Mansfield, Heffernan, Gould, Bly and Myers have played in first two games. Collins and Toomey need to step up their play.

Comment

Sad note:
        Mike McMahon ‏@MikeMcMahonET
        Condolences to the family of former Merrimack head coach Chris Serino, who passed away today after a courageous battle w/ cancer. #CS5

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
          Sad note:
          Very sad news.

Comment

Sad news indeed, rest in peace Coach.
            "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
            "Why?"
            "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Very sad news indeed. Coach Serino was always very nice to me and my family in our time as BLC members. Like everyone, he had his shortcomings, but I will always respect him. RIP Coach Serino.

Comment

He was a great man and friend to many. Helped more local kids than anyone I have ever known. His wake will be one of the most attended on the north shore in many years..

Lived a great, full life. God rest his soul

Hall of Fame

Chris SerinoClass of 1971

Induction Class of 2006
                Baseball
                Football
                Ice Hockey (M)

Chris Serino was a three sport athlete for AIC from 1968-71, lettering in baseball, football and men’s ice hockey. While he started in football as a quarterback and defensive back and in hockey as a wing, Serino earned his highest acclaim on the diamond. As a senior in 1971, he posted a batting average of .472, tops in the College Division that season and still the school record for single season batting average. That mark also made him the first batter in school history to reach the vaunted .400 mark. He earned Topps All-America honors and was named the recipient of the President's Cup in 1971, awarded to the outstanding senior athlete at AIC.

After graduation Serino was named the head hockey coach at Saugus (Mass.) High School, a post he held for 12 seasons. From there he went on to Northfield Mount Hermon School for six years, earning New England Prep Coach of the Year accolades. Serino then served a nine-year stint (1989-98) as associate head hockey coach and head baseball coach at the University of New Hampshire, helping guide the Wildcats to six NCAA tournament appearances, including a Frozen Four appearance in 1997 when the team won a school-record 26 games.

He then went on to become head hockey coach at Merrimack College from 1999-2005 and served as that school's athletic director for three years. He is now the Director of Athletics at Malden Catholic High School.

Comment

Terrible news to hear first thing this morning. Condolences from this Lowell alum to all that knew him.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Sad note:
                    My condolences
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      He was a great man and friend to many. Helped more local kids than anyone I have ever known. His wake will be one of the most attended on the north shore in many years..

Lived a great, full life. God rest his soul
                      Tough news. Hokydad, I am sure you and some people around you are seriously bumming about this news. Condolences.

At least no one will accuse you of being Chris Serino anymore.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

RIP, Chris Serino.
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

What do we know about these Alaskans we're facing this weekend?

Comment

Small, slow, unskilled, rookie goaltenders, and can only skate counter-clockwise.

Rest your first two lines. Practice using your opposite shooting hand. Give your fourth string goalie a look. Spend all night out on your hotel veranda looking for Russia. Hope this helps. And good luck against UAA.

I do hope your boys have a good time and a memorable trip. These long early season trips to Alaska are often mentioned as being pretty good for building team unity.

…for the referees, not so much.

Comment

a serious answer for a serious question

UAA comin off worst season marred by departures starting midway through last year, is led by Junior Matt Bailey & Senior Jordan Kwas on there top line, Top Defenseman are Sophomores Austin Coldwell & Derek Docken, Chris Kamal will start against UND tonight so i'm guessing you all will see Gunderson tomorrow. Good Luck against UAF & UAA this weekend
                              Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Well THAT was an ugly weekend. 9 goals given up, 4 PP and 2 shorties. I'm guessing this goalie rotation idea will go away soon as Marrota looks much steadier (readier?) than Tirronen (2 games played and 3 goals given up in the 1st period of each! Yikes!).
                                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                                X